1 ... 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 ... 1926
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/3/20 2:24 p.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

I've just been slacking. The day we took possession, found a dead one in the dining room. 3 months later, the poison was never updated, and my drawers are full of mouse E36 M3.

They hadn't made it to the cupboards yet, and now there's nothing they can get. Not my first mouse rodeo. 

I'm more surprised at the timing. Winter I expect it, not summer, and not really at all with the size of the snakes we've seen. The number of 6+ foot long skins I've found, I'm surprised there's berkeleying cats in this neighborhood let alone mice.

Probably gonna drop another $100 I don't really have on more big Tupperware containers to compliment the overkill amount of poison I just put out. 

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/3/20 3:11 p.m.
RevRico said:

mouse rodeo

That's something I would pay a dollar to see!

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/20 3:17 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
RevRico said:

Oh good. Mice in the kitchen. 

My only guess to entry point is the garage doors that don't close the whole way. All the soffit is good, no visible holes around the concrete and block perimeter, doors and windows are always shut. 

My brother, who works for a contractor, said that he has yet to see a house without mice. 

He obviously hasn't been to a house with a cat that lives outside. Our cat got all of our mice, and both neighbors. She patrols multiple times daily and nightly. She scared off a big racoon last week.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/3/20 3:23 p.m.

My brother, who works for a contractor, said that he has yet to see a house without mice. 

Must be a thing where there aren't snakes.  Closest I've seen was at my sister's house down south Florida, a rat being pulled out of the bushes next door by a hawk.

Everything I've touched today has gone wrong. 

Ashyukun (Robert) said:
Appleseed said:

In reply to RevRico :

Humalog and Lantus.

I've also used Levimir, Novalog, Toujeo, and Bassglar. 

Interesting- it appears that CL censors outright searches for 'insulin' (returns no results despite searches for other things showing up with 'insulin' in the title) but not for the actual 'brand names'. There isn't anything here local to me, but several people up in Cincinnati seem to have some of those- I would imagine if they'd be helpful there are at least two GRMers I know of up there that might be able to coordinate getting it for you.

I see a couple results for Humalog here in Portland. $50/bottle it looks like: https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/hab/d/mulino-lantus-insulin-and-humalog/7167794130.html

I don't know what kind of middleman help you'd need but I'm happy to try.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
8/3/20 5:11 p.m.

It seems profoundly odd that insulin is sold on Craigslist.  Gramma dropped off her perch, and had some left?  Worthless grandson stole it to sell?

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/20 5:40 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

He obviously hasn't been to a house with a cat that lives outside. Our cat got all of our mice, and both neighbors.

Damn, that's some cat to kill your neighbors.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
8/3/20 5:44 p.m.
RevRico said:

Oh good. Mice in the kitchen. 

My only guess to entry point is the garage doors that don't close the whole way. All the soffit is good, no visible holes around the concrete and block perimeter, doors and windows are always shut. 

He obviously hasn't been to a house with a cat that lives outside. Our cat got all of our mice, and both neighbors. She patrols multiple times daily and nightly. She scared off a big racoon last week.

The Coyotes in my neighborhood eat lots of mice. Unfortunately they also eat cats and small dogs. 

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/20 6:33 p.m.
EvanB (Forum Supporter) said:

He obviously hasn't been to a house with a cat that lives outside. Our cat got all of our mice, and both neighbors.

Damn, that's some cat to kill your neighbors.

Yeah the house next door has been empty for weeks. I wonder if she got the realtor, too?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/3/20 7:12 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

It seems profoundly odd that insulin is sold on Craigslist.  Gramma dropped off her perch, and had some left?  Worthless grandson stole it to sell?

What I've found is they have a surplus.  From diet change to multi-month delivery,  there is extra. Extra that would eventually expire. So they sell it to the desperate and needy. The people that I've dealt with are not getting rich. Usually  $5 it $10 profit over cost. Most have been in the same spot as I am in their life and are paying it forward  (sorta.)

If I end up a good place, I'll do the same. 

Torkel
Torkel Reader
8/4/20 7:50 a.m.
Duke said:
Torkel said:

Why don't people ever stop and think? Or just look around and use some common sense?

Because 85% of the people you will encounter every day live in a bubble that is about 5 feet in diameter.  If it does not directly affect them, usually physically, it  does not exist.

I'm going to beat this dead horse some more, because I had a prime example happening just now. 

I'm reversing my tow-car+trailer combo in a 90degree bend into a parking lot, aiming for 3 empty spots at the end of the row. I plan on parking diagonally across them, with the ass end of the trailer hanging out over the grass. As I'm reversing thru the bend, a small Kia turns in right behind the trailer and stops. I slam on the brakes... and I wait. Time passes. Enough time for me to step out and wonder what the hell he/she is doing, idling there in the middle of the parking lot. Turns out, the guy is fiddling with his phone...

So I knock on his window, he rolls it down and I ask if he minds moving his car, since he is in my way. He apologizes and says he didn't realize I was going IN! 

So... he didn't even realize I was backing up, reverse lights on, almost hit him? Scary. I tell him "I'm aiming for those 3 empty places there, to park the truck and trailer", trying to be overly clear. 

He moves his car. I start reversing again and realize... he actually parked in the middle one of the 3 empty spaces. Just for the record, there are PLENTY of empty spaces all over the place. So I walk over again, reminding myself to "Be cool, not everyone is a gear head". I tell him

- "Perhaps I was unclear, I'm aiming for these three spots. Would you mind moving your car, please?". 

- "But... why do you need specifically this spot", he asks as he looks around at all the other empty slots. 

- "Well, I need some more room".

He stares blankly at me...

- "OK... I can't fit the truck and trailer into just one parking space, see? I need to put it sideways, across several. Are you with me?"

- "Oh.. well... can you do that?

- "You bet I can and I will!"

- "Oh, OK... yeah... what if I park over there?"

- "Sounds great. Many thanks!"

These people have driver licenses. They are allowed to vote... and produce offspring. I sometimes just hate this planet...

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/4/20 8:08 a.m.

In reply to Torkel :

Obviously it is your fault.  You mentioned those spots and since he wasnt paying attention he thought you wanted him to park in those spots.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/4/20 8:50 a.m.

I want badly to rant about things frustrating me, but when I actually get it typed out I feel guilty about it and it seems petty so I end up deleting most of it.

The replacement headers for the E46 should show up tomorrow. I'd like to have been getting it back in the air, the old headers out, and everything such that all I have to do is wrap the new headers and bolt them on- but as it stands I'm going to be lucky to even have my 'off' Friday in a few days to be able to work on it like I want to.

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/4/20 9:00 a.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

I want badly to rant about things frustrating me, but when I actually get it typed out I feel guilty about it and it seems petty so I end up deleting most of it.

This is the MINOR rant thread.  They are supposed to be petty.  Any real actual problem is allowed to have its own thread.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
8/4/20 9:15 a.m.

Bro-in-law blew off our kid's birthday this year. Every part of it. We had Zoom calls scheduled with grand parents, with other family members, a cook-out (immediate family only), and even an online video game match. Multiple options to participate either in person or from home. The kicker? His home is the house next berkeleying door. We texted him multiple times, nothing. Then he shows up days later asking to borrow the car keys, zero mention of the birthday to our son or us. I get it, he has issues, but WTF man? And now he's mad at my wife for calling him out about it. Guess he'll be walking to the store for smokes for a few months.

Start praying. Mom just went to the hospital after being bitten by something. Shortness of breath, swelling, rash, tremors, etc. Something nasty with a horrible reaction. I'll keep yall posted 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/4/20 9:26 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

Start praying. Mom just went to the hospital after being bitten by something. Shortness of breath, swelling, rash, tremors, etc. Something nasty with a horrible reaction. I'll keep yall posted 

Oh man, hope it goes well for her!

eastsideTim said:

Oh man, hope it goes well for her!

Same. She's 74, and the reaction took less than 10 minutes. Im not even allowed in the hospital. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/4/20 12:02 p.m.

Lazy shiny happy people who will berkeley up your car to save two minutes on an oil change.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/4/20 12:11 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I did that to my wife's mazda5. Im not ashamed. berkeleying HATE changing oil on it.

Everyone else: moms stabilized and should be good. Apparently deathly allergic to bees now. So, that changed in her oldrr age. And EpiPen prices.....

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/4/20 12:22 p.m.
1kris06 said:

Renewed my tabs online end of May instead of spending my one free weekday at the dmv. 

Alright, here is my minor rant.

Why do some states call them tabs? Which states? Can we standardize, please?

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Thoughts and prayers inbound.  Hope all is well.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/4/20 12:25 p.m.

Everyone else: moms stabilized and should be good. Apparently deathly allergic to bees now. So, that changed in her oldrr age. And EpiPen prices.....

Glad your ma is going to be alright!

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/4/20 12:42 p.m.

Just one single day without text messages from home about how terrible everything is. One. Single. Day.

1 ... 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xL0xqYKN2bCvw4Ea5QpvRI2TQ4oE4UyWuZztCwDy23vPX41MWQWblRgv6yMjvI1A