1 ... 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 ... 1927
Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/16/20 3:21 p.m.
Snowdoggie said:
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:
Mr_Asa said:

I berkeleying hate people so damned much.

Do these fools think they are helping anyone?

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1306068005235896320

I'm not for violence, but if I had a broom handle, I'd probably start seeing if I could tee up a few of those for threatening my life and those of my children.

The fact that many stores are not enforcing this makes me even more angry.  I get that you don't want regular employees doing that, but this is why you have security and if necessary, police.

Had some dipstick get turned away at Costco a while back, he was walking back towards up in the parking lot where we were wearing our masks and made some comment about "sheeple wearing masks"  My wife retorted about shiny happy people should wear their masks because their breath stinks and kept on walking.

If you really want to influence this, vote with your feet, and with your cash. Stay out of Target. Then send their corporate headquarters a letter with a copy of that video on a disk stating that you, your children and your credit card wil not be seen in Target stores until their security employees get their act together and make you feel safe there. 

Yep, we actively avoid Target and WalMart for these reasons.  Our local Grocery Outlet and Costco get most of our business for this very reason.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/16/20 3:27 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

Thanks for that, tuna. And the door? Just what guys like us do. I was grateful for the opportunity to be useful. 

Others: i feel like im bitching about my blessings. Well, i AM bitching about my blessings. Just needed to get it out in the open where i can start to deal with it. Yall are my family and friends, and thats where you go when your head gets all tied in knots.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
9/16/20 3:29 p.m.
Snowdoggie said:
Mr_Asa said:

I berkeleying hate people so damned much.

Do these fools think they are helping anyone?

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1306068005235896320

I'm not for violence, but if I had a broom handle, I'd probably start seeing if I could tee up a few of those for threatening my life and those of my children.

The fact that many stores are not enforcing this makes me even more angry.  I get that you don't want regular employees doing that, but this is why you have security and if necessary, police.

Had some dipstick get turned away at Costco a while back, he was walking back towards up in the parking lot where we were wearing our masks and made some comment about "sheeple wearing masks"  My wife retorted about shiny happy people should wear their masks because their breath stinks and kept on walking.

If you really want to influence this, vote with your feet, and with your cash. Stay out of Target. Then send their corporate headquarters a letter with a copy of that video on a disk stating that you, your children and your credit card wil not be seen in Target stores until their security employees get their act together and make you feel safe there. 

Yep, we actively avoid Target and WalMart for these reasons.  Our local Grocery Outlet and Costco get most of our business for this very reason.

You might also want to remind them that Amazon will deliver most of the same stuff sold at Target and WalMart right to your doorstep contact free. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/16/20 10:01 p.m.

Went outside and shined a flashlight near my tree line. Something turned and looked at me, blinked a few times and moved off very silently.

This something was 2 feet high. It wasn't afraid of the gunshots that happened half an hour before. The dogs are agitated and not barking at it.

This usually means cougar. A cougar that isn't afraid of people and is hanging around. And I just heard something falling out of the trees a bit away.

This should be fun......

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/17/20 6:49 a.m.

My friend and I wanted to grab dinner last night and hang out, and we had settled on this one local restaurant the day before. I spent all day yesterday thinking about the onion petals they have there and was all excited to get some. Went to call in our order and realized they are closed Monday-Wednesday. Dammit. No onion petals for me.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/17/20 9:17 a.m.
barefootskater said:

Niece got sick last week. #1 got sick on Sunday, #2 on Monday. I came home early yesterday to help wife since she got it too. Today is my turn. Very sore throat, zero energy, congestion. Needless to say, I'm not at work, which is super great since I'm hourly and have no sick pay. if I had any energy I'd go out for a ride, nobody in the desert to infect, but I doubt I'd be able to keep the bike up fo long. And it'd be silly to risk injury right now. 

Day two of this nonsense. It's even better than day one. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/20 9:22 a.m.

Apparently, can no longer eat french fries.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/17/20 9:32 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

What about Freedom Fries? laugh

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/17/20 9:41 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I discovered at about age 45 that the intestinal distress I had encountered for 20 years was lessened a great deal when I cut way, way back on fries.

I love fries.sad

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
9/17/20 11:56 a.m.

One of my projects at work has gotten me so stressed out that I'm having trouble sleeping and today my left eye started twitching. 

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/17/20 1:07 p.m.

I think I figured out why my Note20 hates my home wifi network. I thought it was the connection from the router to the phone so I messed with the 5G radio settings (channel, channel bandwidth, etc) but nothing seemed to help. Then I thought that there might be another 5G network on a nearby channel or the same channel so I found a nice wifi networking tool to do some investigating.

I have the 2.4Ghz radio disabled because there are about 30 WAPs (no, not the ones that Cardi B was talking about :p) in my neighborhood that stomp all over each other. There is 1 other 5Ghz WAP that is on a different channel. However, I kept seeing another 5Ghz signal pop up on the same channel as my wifi router about every 5-6 seconds. It was at the same freq as my router. I ran a constant ping from my phone to the router and discovered that when that other signal was up, it was causing a ton of latency.

Found the MAC address and it was my Roku Streaming stick. It uses Wifi Direct to communicate with the other devices on my network since it has no IR capability. Once I unplugged it, the other 5Ghz signal disappeared and the latency vanished.

Hopefully that fixes all the issues.

9/17/20 2:13 p.m.

Made a giant rockauto order last week. Three shipments. Few odd parts in two, but the vast majority of the have to have parts on one box.

They were supposed to be here Tuesday. 

FedEx lost the berkeleying box. The stuff shipped usps got here ahead of shady from further away. 

FedEx tracking has no anticipated delivery date, and i have to wait until the 25th to report an issue. A solid two weeks after they should have been here. 

So. My truck torn down on dads lift waiting for parts will have to be slapped back together with the worn out stuff so i can get it off this weekend. I love doing suspension stuff multiple times. berkeleying FedEx....

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
9/17/20 6:57 p.m.

Weather has been beautiful this week.  So of course I’ve been stuck working extra hours and can’t get out to the garage as much as I need to to be working on the challenge car.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/18/20 4:50 a.m.

It's been 5 months since you cancelled the concert I was supposed to go to and said you were sending out refunds for tickets. Where's my berkeleying money?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/18/20 9:47 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

It will show up as soon as they have any money to use for a refund...

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/20 11:44 a.m.

You know what can berkeley right off?  Everyone making build videos trying to be the next youtube cleetus mogul and buy their own track.  berkeley that.  I don't have time to watch your 20 minute mansplanation of what you can show me in a sentence with a before, during, and after picture.  "Oh hey dere look at me i'm wrenchin on a car up here in canada in da snow, eh."  berkeley you

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/20 11:50 a.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

You'll love my videos, they're being narrated by a mime. 

9/18/20 11:56 a.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

You know what can berkeley right off?  Everyone making build videos trying to be the next youtube cleetus mogul and buy their own track.  berkeley that.  I don't have time to watch your 20 minute mansplanation of what you can show me in a sentence with a before, during, and after picture.  "Oh hey dere look at me i'm wrenchin on a car up here in canada in da snow, eh."  berkeley you

berkeleyin A!!! Binky is the only build videos ill actually watch. Except for doc brown....

wae
wae UltraDork
9/18/20 12:06 p.m.

That's right up there with the recipes that start off with a novella about your grandmother and chilly fall mornings or some bullE36 M3.  I'm standing here in the berkeleying grocery store trying to figure out what the hell I'm going to make for dinner tonight, I need the list of ingredients not your life story.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
9/18/20 12:18 p.m.

It's kind of like when my wife asks if she should start selling (insert multi-level marketing scheme here), I alway say, by the time you hear about it, you're too late. Same with YouTube. 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/20 12:22 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

You'll love my videos, they're being narrated by a mime. 

Is it weird that I'd probably watch that?  Mostly because you crack us up and you know a few things.  So if anyone could pull something like that off, it would probably be you.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/18/20 12:39 p.m.
wae said:

That's right up there with the recipes that start off with a novella about your grandmother and chilly fall mornings or some bullE36 M3.  I'm standing here in the berkeleying grocery store trying to figure out what the hell I'm going to make for dinner tonight, I need the list of ingredients not your life story.

I frankly hate videos of things that would be more directly explained by written words and maybe a few pictures.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/18/20 12:42 p.m.

My wireless mouse is berkeleying stupid.

It needs to charge, I unplug the dongle that allows it to connect wirelessly.  I plug in the cable that they provide with it.  I can't use the mouse.  It won't work without the dongle being plugged in, despite the cable being plugged into a USB port.

Just dumb.  So dumb

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/20 1:45 p.m.
wae said:

My favorite cooking channel is Almazan Kitchen because THERE IS NO NARRATION.

Well also Life of Boris, because the foods remind me of grandma's cooking.

daeman
daeman Dork
9/18/20 4:50 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
wae said:

Well also Life of Boris, because the foods remind me of grandma's cooking.

On a chilly fall morning?

1 ... 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
49JOwp3sRvOGOq7FBWQMxxQXoKpOzgTs9ceigfEyrqpjVuTN6LMQUrcmDA4JiLrU