1 ... 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 ... 1346
Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
11/24/20 4:09 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

I realize this isn't a great option, but Cracker Barrel does Thanksgiving dinner with I think only 24 hour notice.  It's not the worst turkey day dinner I've ever had.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
11/24/20 4:48 p.m.

A few years ago an older lady we know posted on FB she had TG dinner at Denny's.  

Knowing we would've had her over but in the end it was a low stress turkey dinner she enjoyed in peace unlike all the loud Italians in my family yelling all afternoon.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/24/20 4:57 p.m.

Kid ain't taken her add meds in a week, and been lying about it. Shes about to flunk math and English, has major assignments due tomorrow,  and momma is at her wits end. So im going to sit at the kitchen table with her until this E36 M3 is done. Even if it kills both of us. 

And none of the information i need to know to guide her to the goal is to be found, cause they told her in class.

 

berkeley. 

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
11/24/20 5:05 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

Unsurprisingly, we're not going anywhere for Thanksgiving this year- and nobody will be coming to spend it with us so it will just be The Dancer, myself, and The Dog. I just have zero enthusiasm for the holiday this year- and even less for the idea of cooking a traditional Thanksgiving dinner for just the two of us. But The Dancer is really excited for it and is determined that we're going to have Thanksgiving dinner. We SHOULD have simply ordered it from one of the many local restaurants that make them to take home and heat up, but with how preoccupied we were with the dealing with The Dog's recovery from his surgery last week we didn't get an order in to get it from anyplace in time. 

So now there's pretty much no chance of it happening any other way than for us (probably mostly me) cooking it ourselves.

My wife and I are doing Thanksgiving alone this year, also.  We found a dogsitter and are doing a road trip to a hot spring resort that has good rates that day (no big surprise, I suppose). We will end up eating whatever looks good at one of the local restaurants.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/24/20 5:54 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

Oh man.....I totally understand this( although not the mom part)

 

Best of luck for you and your brother

Just found out he's been intubated.  berkeley.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/24/20 6:18 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

Intubated can have the upside that they are now breathing for him and he's getting the oxygen he needs. I assume he's on Lasix and has chest tubes placed already?

 

Feel free to message me anytime too, I'm not an expert by any means but I dealt with a lot of this with my dad

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/24/20 8:09 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

Intubated can have the upside that they are now breathing for him and he's getting the oxygen he needs. I assume he's on Lasix and has chest tubes placed already?

 

Feel free to message me anytime too, I'm not an expert by any means but I dealt with a lot of this with my dad

Thanks, I have no idea actually just going off what Mom passes along via the Doc.

He was moved upstairs earlier this week (likely due to pressure from COVID surge) and then moved back to ICU this morning, so I suspect he had a turn.

it's a waiting game and it just sucks.  The guilt from not answering his calls a couple of weeks ago is going to eat at me the entire time.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/24/20 8:15 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

I'm so sorry and praying it goes well for him. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
11/24/20 8:56 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

Kid ain't taken her add meds in a week, and been lying about it. Shes about to flunk math and English, has major assignments due tomorrow,  and momma is at her wits end. So im going to sit at the kitchen table with her until this E36 M3 is done. Even if it kills both of us. 

And none of the information i need to know to guide her to the goal is to be found, cause they told her in class.

 

berkeley. 

Your a good dad. Remeber that. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
11/25/20 7:26 a.m.

In reply to Tactical Penguin :

I ended up picking up everything (major, at least) we'll need to make it ourselves when I was at the store yesterday. I'm not thrilled about it on one hand, but on the other there won't be any pressure or drama with it being just the two of us and the dog, so tomorrow we'll likely sleep in as late as we can (HOPEFULLY finally back in our actual bed, since The Dog's stitches are supposed to come out in about half an hour and he made it almost all of yesterday without any bleeding from where the drain was) and then get dinner started whenever we feel like it.

In reply to matthewmcl :

We would have liked to have spent the time off out at our cabin, but drug our feet in blocking the dates off because we hoped we would be able to spend it with family- and then released the dates we had blocked off (tonight & tomorrow night) because we didn't think The Dog would be recovered enough to handle the stairs. Honestly though, I'm not too broken up about that- I wish we could get out there to swap out the new, bigger TV we picked up for the cabin (and swap out the one there that has had audio dropout problems for our one here, where we have an AV receiver and won't be using the internal audio at all) but otherwise with the last 2 weeks being a nearly complete wash for getting things done in the garage having a long weekend here where I can work on things sounds pretty good.

wae
wae UberDork
11/25/20 7:27 a.m.

I am firmly in the throes of "The What Is Sleep?" phase of this project.  I have one of the filters at its 98% complete point (just needs the power cord connected and the lid to be folded - total of about 15 minutes), the second has half of the skin cut and folded, and the third has its frame built and its fan mounted.  I am absolutely exhausted and I'm trying to go slow and being careful to not exert myself physically.  I've got an appointment to see a doctor about the hernia on Friday morning but my more immediate concern is that I need to have the silicone starting to set up on these things by about 2PM today at the latest.  And before I can get back to that I have to hit the grocery store so I can give my friend Tom his salt bath.

And it occurs to me that with that giant to-do list, I need to stop whining, put down my phone, and get my ass back to work.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
11/25/20 7:39 a.m.

No sleep last night due to 3 cats having fun.

Running late stopped at McDonalds.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
11/25/20 7:40 a.m.

Day 3 of an unexpected vacation.  Boss has been "living his best life" playing tennis and whatnot, even after a tennis buddy came down with the 'Rona.  Monday morning around 10am bossette texts a coworker that he might have it, has symptoms, we need to all go home.

Tuesday morning at 730am I text her to ask if we're coming in or not, she says no, maybe Wednesday.  He's waiting on test results.  Later she says come in Wednesday but stay away from the other 2 guys.  An hour later says nvrmnd, stay home and oh since you were around him 48hrs from his showing symptoms SATURDAY NIGHT you should stay home.  Hopefully he's negative or at least you don't get it.....  berkeleying shiny happy people.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/25/20 9:48 a.m.

In reply to Jerry :

What an shiny happy person.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) MegaDork
11/25/20 10:34 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

And none of the information i need to know to guide her to the goal is to be found, cause they told her in class.

 


Know you're not alone struggling through remote learning during all of this. Keeping the kids on track for school has been one of the biggest struggles we've had.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/25/20 10:35 a.m.

Little Brother is less sedated this morning and communicating more.

Whew.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
11/25/20 12:37 p.m.

Customer brings in a truck with the complaint "Fuel pump rusted out and leaking, needs replacement." The motherberkeleying shiny happy person still topped the 34 gallon fuel tank off to the brim before dropping it off. Eat E36 M3 and die, motherberkeleyer.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
11/25/20 12:58 p.m.

Things not looking good for momma.  After being released from hospital two days ago she had an ambulance ride back last night and is currently awaiting a room to open in ICU and on a ventilator.  

 

Meanwhile my work is requiring a doctor's release for me to return.  The doctors have a specific policy that they do not issue work releases.  No solution to this conundrum as of yet.  

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/25/20 1:49 p.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

Little Brother is less sedated this morning and communicating more.

Whew.

That's good news! Keep us informed

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/25/20 2:27 p.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

Sorry to hear it, man. Good luck. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/25/20 3:29 p.m.
NickD said:

Customer brings in a truck with the complaint "Fuel pump rusted out and leaking, needs replacement." The motherberkeleying shiny happy person still topped the 34 gallon fuel tank off to the brim before dropping it off. Eat E36 M3 and die, motherberkeleyer.

"Gosh, sir, we lost some of your fuel because you filled it to the brim.  Sorry." as you pour a few gallons of his gas into your own car...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/25/20 3:57 p.m.
NickD said:

Customer brings in a truck with the complaint "Fuel pump rusted out and leaking, needs replacement." The motherberkeleying shiny happy person still topped the 34 gallon fuel tank off to the brim before dropping it off. Eat E36 M3 and die, motherberkeleyer.

Looks like that guys going to get a repaired truck that has only enough gas to get to a gas station, and nothing more.

What happen to all my gas? That was a full tank!!!

We spilled most of that gas removing the fuel tank. In the future, please don't fill  it up before bringing it in for gas tank work.

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/25/20 9:40 p.m.
Appleseed said:
NickD said:

Customer brings in a truck with the complaint "Fuel pump rusted out and leaking, needs replacement." The motherberkeleying shiny happy person still topped the 34 gallon fuel tank off to the brim before dropping it off. Eat E36 M3 and die, motherberkeleyer.

Looks like that guys going to get a repaired truck that has only enough gas to get to a gas station, and nothing more.

What happen to all my gas? That was a full tank!!!

We spilled most of that gas removing the fuel tank. In the future, please don't fill  it up before bringing it in for gas tank work.

Charge him for removal & disposal

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/26/20 7:04 a.m.
Jerry said:

Day 3 of an unexpected vacation.  Boss has been "living his best life" playing tennis and whatnot, even after a tennis buddy came down with the 'Rona.  Monday morning around 10am bossette texts a coworker that he might have it, has symptoms, we need to all go home.

Tuesday morning at 730am I text her to ask if we're coming in or not, she says no, maybe Wednesday.  He's waiting on test results.  Later she says come in Wednesday but stay away from the other 2 guys.  An hour later says nvrmnd, stay home and oh since you were around him 48hrs from his showing symptoms SATURDAY NIGHT you should stay home.  Hopefully he's negative or at least you don't get it.....  berkeleying shiny happy people.

Yes... More dickheads all around,

 

Was going to go to SWMBO's last night (but leaving before 9:30 so I can be home before 10pm and shout "BASE" as I slide into the driveway, and note this drive takes me across I-90's "Dead Man's Curve" that I make a point of driving at 70mph) but got a text.  SWMBONiece tested positive.  SWMBOAunt "was going to get tested, but decided to cancel because it's just a cold", and has been in SWMBO-contact this weekend, as have I.

 

Dare I mention that SWMBOFamily is from the derpistan portions of the state where it's all a hoax so who cares.

 

People are stupid.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/26/20 7:09 a.m.
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) said:
Appleseed said:
NickD said:

Customer brings in a truck with the complaint "Fuel pump rusted out and leaking, needs replacement." The motherberkeleying shiny happy person still topped the 34 gallon fuel tank off to the brim before dropping it off. Eat E36 M3 and die, motherberkeleyer.

Looks like that guys going to get a repaired truck that has only enough gas to get to a gas station, and nothing more.

What happen to all my gas? That was a full tank!!!

We spilled most of that gas removing the fuel tank. In the future, please don't fill  it up before bringing it in for gas tank work.

Charge him for removal & disposal

Where I used to work there WAS a nominal fee for fuel removal that could be adjusted.

Hey, fuel is hazmat, after all.

1 ... 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 ... 1346
Our Preferred Partners
E41rqSMkpPb6JIOp7ARZNiTEOb65qY8b5ez2qNuxNglsNV1XmJgiVng5VAj33hqV