1 ... 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 ... 1927
Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
2/18/21 6:52 a.m.
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) said:
Crxpilot said:

From a good friend in Raleigh, NC.

Hah. I know exactly where that is

Came here to post the same. My favorite Greek restaurant, Taza, is in the corner of that shopping center. 

This doesn't surprise me. When I lived in Raleigh, I was amazed by the amount of people who would literally park in front of the door in the fire lane at stores and shopping centers. Also was amazed that absolutely no one used a turn signal in Raleigh. Including cops. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
2/18/21 6:55 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) said:

Insomnia.  Thanks brain.

I at least slept til 5 until the dog woke me up. Instead of going back to bed my brain decided to go into full panic mode about something I should have done differently at work. 

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
2/18/21 7:04 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Can I have "things that wake me up screaming at 3:00 AM for $800.00" Alex?    Sunday night / early Monday morning seems to be the worst night for me.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/18/21 8:34 a.m.

My office is in the basement, extremely close to the furnace. It is a relatively small room. All of the temperatures are hyperbole.

I have 4 choices, that I've figured out so far: 

1. Vent open, door closed, which makes it about 102* in here
  2. Vent closed, door closed, which makes it about 55*
  3. Vent open, door open, which gives me a range of roughly 45* to 95* depending on if the furnace is running at the time/how long since it was running
  4. Vent closed, door open, which makes it a nice consistent 40*

Seriously, there is no consistent comfortable setting I can find for this room. Hot or cold, or both. I've been sticking with cold + sweater, but it is annoying. I've attempted door slightly open, vent slightly open, etc., but it doesn't make much of any difference. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/18/21 8:39 a.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

My office is on the highest level of our house- but it's an old house and the walls aren't insulated well (if at all) and despite having blown in a lot of insulation into the attic above it the temp in here is always either 10 degrees warmer than the lower floors in the summer and about the same amount colder in the winter. I just have a decent space heater up here now for the winter- keeps the room nice and toasty (usually a degree or two over what the thermostat for the house overall is set to... while I can take the cold, I'm quite fine with it warmer which is why it doesn't bother me in the summer).

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
2/18/21 8:51 a.m.

The dufus that I follow routinely leaves me either hack work that needs to be repaired or complete jobs he couldn’t be bothered to do on his shift. But he shows up on time every day. I’m late 3 times in 6 months, which they know is entirely related to accidents on the highway and I get disciplined. 

No problem. You know that breakdown he ignored this morning? I could probably take a Few shortcuts on it, allow them to do setup at the same time and get them back up in a few hours. 

Sorry. Powering the whole machine down, probably for most of the shift if I’m to do it right. 

Gotta play by the rules, you set the precedent 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/18/21 8:57 a.m.

Insomnia.  Thanks brain.

Fight Club now seems like a viable option?

I'd welcome you, but I'm not supposed to talk about it.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/18/21 9:29 a.m.

Can't tell if really good malware or just MS being stupid.

Want a show, not available for purchase ANYWHERE. Go to download site in edge because my popup blocker was stopping magnet links in chrome last time I used it. Edge takes me to some bullE36 M3 healthcare site, but ONLY when I type in the URL I'm after. Any other site loads fine.

Try chrome again, magnet link works, download in progress. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/21 10:50 a.m.

Currently trying to decide if I need to leave another Christmas tip this year or not...

Mailman must be from Texas.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
2/18/21 12:12 p.m.

Insomnia.  Thanks brain.

Am I the only one that read that and wondered, who’s Brian?

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/18/21 12:36 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Currently trying to decide if I need to leave another Christmas tip this year or not...

Mailman must be from Texas.

Our old mail carrier was the same way, I ended up getting her fired unintentionally.

She decided she wasn't delivering to a bank of mailboxes because the snowplow put a berm under the boxes. It was at max 6 inches out from under the boxes but that was enough. She didn't deliver for 3 days without notice and I talked to the post office. Apparently that's a huge no-no and she got canned.

New driver has an actual winter capable vehicle too

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/21 12:44 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" 

Snow is literally the first neither

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/18/21 12:47 p.m.

Meanwhile in Illinois, I'm worried about getting my steps cleared in time because my mail carriers will climb icy mountains to deliver. 

My only complaint is that the mail will arrive at any random time between 10am and 8pm. 

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/21 1:33 p.m.

Had a doctor's appointment today, had to drive 40 minutes (usually a 20 minute trip) through this storm that cannot make up it's mind if it is raining, hailing, snowing, or doing all three at the same time.  On the way home I get warning tone from the dash on the Disco and the Brake, ABS, Hill Descent, and TC lights all come on.  I replaced the sensors two years ago, so I can only assume the tone rings are clogged with slush.  Guess I need to check when everything unfreezes.

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/18/21 5:08 p.m.
Peabody said:

The dufus that I follow routinely leaves me either hack work that needs to be repaired or complete jobs he couldn’t be bothered to do on his shift. But he shows up on time every day. I’m late 3 times in 6 months, which they know is entirely related to accidents on the highway and I get disciplined. 

No problem. You know that breakdown he ignored this morning? I could probably take a Few shortcuts on it, allow them to do setup at the same time and get them back up in a few hours. 

Sorry. Powering the whole machine down, probably for most of the shift if I’m to do it right. 

Gotta play by the rules, you set the precedent 

or you get labeled as the guy who makes things difficult for everyone else. Tough position to be in. 

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
2/19/21 9:28 a.m.

Doctors and Medical Billing......

"The ultrasound shows your thyroid nodules have doubled in size, we need to biopsy to make sure the are not cancer.". Go to get the biopsy, dr enters the room does not wash his hands, grabs gloves puts them on, starts unwrapping stuff and throwing the rappers in the trash. Decides thats too much work, grabs the trash can, with is gloved hands to move it. Asked if he will be changing gloves now that he touched the trash can he replys " no the gloves are not sterile anyway" goes back to unwrapping stuff. If I only had a brain I would have got up and left. He eventually feels it makes sense to change the gloves before he sticks me with the now cross contaminated needles he unwrapped.

Ouch ! not fun. After sticking me many times with each of the 6 needles, I tell him stick me some more to make sure you got it cause I dont want to go through that again.  He assures me he got it.

Turns out he did not, and now he is telling me we dont need to do it again because the ultrasound shows its not cancerous.

Really, then why the Biopsy in the first place????

Any way waiting for the bill to come, seems like a long time so I log in to the patient portal last night to see whats up and to to make a call if I should tell them to jump in a lake,.  And the bill is there. apparently signing up for the portal means you dont get bill in the mail. its close to $500. Not happy, sucked it up and  pay it cause its now a couple days late and I want to move on and find out if I need to be worried about the nodules or not with a new DR.

Log back on this morning to make sure they got the payment and see if there is anything about my request for a new referral, and there is now another bill for 900 in addition charges....Guess they where waiting for the first payment to see if I would bite. Doubtful, but it sure seems that way.

Just thinking that I am probably going to have to pay all that again with a new DR to repeat it all.

Rock on !

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/21 2:12 p.m.

Ordered a refurbished phone on ebay with guaranteed delivery date of 2/17. It shipped and tracking said estimated delivery 2/16. On 2/16 it was updated as in transit and there have been no updates since. The last time it was shown at a physical location was leaving FL on the 12th. 

wae
wae UberDork
2/19/21 3:07 p.m.

On the way to pick up kids from school, one of the tires on the Excursion had sudden loss of pressure accompanying a loss of structural integrity.  Since I don't want to eff with it, I call Good Sam and they send someone out to change it for me.  But my spare tire is cut through. 

I figured I'd have them send a tow truck and while I waited for the hour or so, I could find a place that I could buy a new set of tires from.  But, no...  They won't dispatch the truck until they have a destination.  And apparently nobody wants to stock a 265/75R16.

Don49 (Forum Supporter)
Don49 (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/19/21 3:15 p.m.

Recently I am getting blocked on Facebook for violating their rules. No explanation as to the supposed offense and after several reviews I back on. I think I am getting screwed with by a scammer who wanted to buy mt toter home sight unseen and pay with PayPal. No apparent way to deal with this.

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
2/19/21 3:40 p.m.

My sons turned 13 last month and apparently half there brain turned off . 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/21 4:16 p.m.
dropstep said:

My sons turned 13 last month and apparently half there brain turned off . 

Yeah, blood is being reallocated to puberty purposes.  

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
2/19/21 4:17 p.m.

Or put another way, a different head is now in charge of the thinking

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/21 4:22 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Well, I meant that it takes energy to do things like grow out of your clothes twice per year, develop new and smelly ways to need to do laundry...

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
2/19/21 4:30 p.m.

No you didn't.

Or you were wrong (unlikely scenario)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/19/21 10:47 p.m.

The more I learn about the whole mess, the more I'm convinced me getting fired was a set up. 

1 ... 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6s5Q5ZIEHfO7HPbAITcXNzN9pSoMcXgAFAwXeIsdxuG8Jc8V1lOzb4RPyWA4mGLh