1 ... 579 580 581 582 583 ... 1927
paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
1/10/17 7:39 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Im stick in the snow 150 miles from home in my wifes minivan while trying to help my best friend that got me sober move to Prague. This sucks.

Nothing happens in Gods world by mistake...

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
1/10/17 7:45 p.m.

berkeley this video

Appleseed wrote:

berkeley everything else while we're at it.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/10/17 8:16 p.m.
Karacticus wrote: Why do I buy rechargeable AAA or AA batteries? They all seem to go the same place 10 mm sockets do.

So... I had to check.

Coincidence? I think not!

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
1/10/17 8:21 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus:

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
1/10/17 8:22 p.m.

What a day!?

Made it to second round of interviews. Yay! So why is this in the rant section? They did not mention multiple interviews when asked during 1st interview. The second round was to see if I would be a "cultural fit" with agency and department. 2 questions surrounding "fit" followed by 40 minutes of 1 interviewer asking questions based on absolutes. Sigh . . .

EvanR
EvanR SuperDork
1/10/17 11:04 p.m.

Got a new Android phone to replace my old Android phone. It seems impossible to move the old text messages over. I paid $5 for an app called Helium that promised to do just that. I did not need to spend $5 on an app that doesn't do as promised, and of course there's no way to get money back.

I wish Apple sold cheap phones. replacing an iPhone takes 5 minutes in iTunes and copies everything.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/17 1:52 a.m.

In reply to EvanR:

iPhone 5c or wait for the refurbs to hit the market.

daeman
daeman Dork
1/11/17 2:09 a.m.

Its to berkeleying hot! I'm done with you summer.....

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/17 5:58 a.m.

In reply to daeman:

My least favorite season. It always lasts too long.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/17 7:09 a.m.

My three year old niece can plug in an iPad every day. Why can't my 50 year old coworker? If I come in to two dead iPads, dead battery packs, and a radio laying next to it's charger it gets hard to get anything done.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
1/11/17 10:07 a.m.

Twitter idiot.

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 HalfDork
1/11/17 11:19 a.m.
dculberson wrote: In reply to gearheadE30: Relax man I'm just eating here

hahaha I sent that gif to a few colleagues asking "guess who?"

100% correct return rate so far. Excellent.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
1/11/17 2:10 p.m.

These damn '14 Silverado and Sierras have been the berkeleying bane of my existence the past couple months.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
1/11/17 3:49 p.m.
NickD wrote: These damn '14 Silverado and Sierras have been the berkeleying bane of my existence the past couple months.

wassamatta?

I loves my Silverado

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/17 4:00 p.m.

I'm pretty sure the guy sitting in front of me has E36 M3 himself.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
1/11/17 4:23 p.m.

Stupid automotive ADD. I'm trying to decide whether it is smarter to have two cars that I like that fill different roles, or one car that I love that nearly does it all.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
1/11/17 4:29 p.m.
fasted58 wrote:
NickD wrote: These damn '14 Silverado and Sierras have been the berkeleying bane of my existence the past couple months.
wassamatta? I loves my Silverado

In just the past three weeks I have

1) Replaced the oil pump flow control solenoid (Requires pulling the front diff, rack & pinion, front cover and oil pan) on a '14 Sierra with 60K

2) Replaced a bank of direct injectors for a CEL on a '14 Silverado with 35K miles

3) Replaced catalytic converters for a CEL on a '14 Sierra with 25K miles, then had it come back immediately because the HVAC mode valve actuator packed it in 20 miles down the road and listened to the customer complain "Ever since you..."

4) Replaced a fuel tank pressure sensor for a CEL on a '14 Silverado with 70K miles (Requires dropping the fuel tank)

5) Now have a '14 Silverado that intermittently cranks but won't start (according to the customer) and sets codes for Engine Control Ignition Relay Feedback Circuit Low Voltage. All the diagnostics check out, it starts every time for me, I can find nothing wrong with it and someone has already put a ECM relay and new fusebox in for the same issue and it didn't fix it.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
1/11/17 4:30 p.m.

In reply to Tactical Penguin:

This is the wrong forum for that complaint. I'm at 6 cars and am an amateur compared with some of these dorks.

Ninja edit for obligatory rant: teenage girls can do their damndest to make everyone else in the house miserable with their sullen, sulky, bitchy attitude. Harden up cupcake, life hasn't even started to berkeley you over yet.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/11/17 4:31 p.m.
Tactical Penguin wrote: Stupid automotive ADD. I'm trying to decide whether it is smarter to have two cars that I like that fill different roles, or one car that I love that nearly does it all.

More is always better! I believe in backups... haha. When one breaks I just drive a different one till I have time to fix it.

Sometimes I do consider downsizing to a newer car that is less prone to breaking, but right now they are all paid for except my truck which will be soon.

wae
wae Dork
1/11/17 11:05 p.m.

A rant in 5 parts. Or maybe it's just whining at this point.

When I ordered the swaybar bushings for the RV, I almost ordered two sets. But of course I didn't. Come to find out that both control arm swaybar bushings are missing along with one of the frame bushings. The only remaining bushing in the system isn't even a bushing - somebody wrapped a strip of foam around the swaybar and jammed it into the bracket. I guess the good news is that when the second box of bushings shows up, it should be a lot easier to drive and the banging noise should be gone.

And in the process of removing the swaybar brackets I got cold and wet and didn't like it.

And the brackets are held in with bolts and regular nuts, so you've got to hold the nut with a wrench while you work the bolt with a socket and there's not much room to work around there.

And I hit myself in the head with the 1/2" ratchet when it slipped off the bolt and fell on me.

And I can't mount the camera switch/cigarette lighter/usb charging port/volt meter in the 4-hole mounting panel it came with because there isn't a large enough spot on the dash, so I'm going to just mount them all individually. But I need a 1 1/8" hole saw. I've got a 1". I've got a 1 1/4". So I couldn't get that done either.

Yeah. This is definitely whining at this point. Time for bed.

daeman
daeman Dork
1/12/17 3:00 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

Couldn't agree more.

And just for something different, today instead of heat, we got humidity... Splendid.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/12/17 9:09 a.m.

As much as I like having nice warm weather, the constant changes in the weather are playing hell with my ankle. Ever since the injury and surgery on it, it's been very sensitive to major atmospheric changes- so swings from 10 degrees to 60 and back again in the course of a week are no fun.

Somewhat related.... it's been solidly over freezing for the last few nights, and should still be tonight- but I've not spent a second out in the garage because of things that needed to be done in preparation for SWMBO's company's show this weekend. Frankly I'm looking forward to it being done and behind us as much as she is at this point- though it will likely mean working out in the garage in freezing weather for a while.

Finally- when I DID get the chance to work out in the garage earlier this week and over the weekend I tried out my new propane space heater... and I'm not sure whether I'm going to continue using it going forward. Sure, it puts out a decent amount of heat- but the fumes give me a headache and I have to keep the windows open so they don't get too bad, which of course means more cold air coming in and the heater being less effective. I may have to go with the approach of turning it on full-bore for a while before I actually go out to work so it warms things up a bit and then shutting it off and using the electric oil-filled radiator space heater while I'm actually out there.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/17 10:38 a.m.
Wall-e wrote: I'm pretty sure the guy sitting in front of me has E36 M3 himself.

yesterday, in the course of my day, I found myself chased out of a public restroom. I was sitting in there, doing my thing when somebody occupied the stall next to me and had an asspolsion that was not only audbly disturbing, but I am sure he peeled the paint off of the ceiling with the smell.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
1/12/17 11:48 a.m.

Be careful what you wish for... I've been using power steering hoses as an example of how a warm winter has a ripple effect on my business. This past year, I have noticed how few hoses have failed. This winter has been pretty darn cold for the last two months, and now I'm changing a hose...on my own vehicle.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/12/17 3:44 p.m.

Well, that's just peachy.

The one non-local dancer in SWMBO's show on Saturday is supposed to fly in today. His original flight was supposed to get in right about now here at LEX, but it was then pushed back until almost 8, and bumped around every few minutes until it was outright cancelled a short while ago. The only way to get him here tonight is to have him fly into Louisville- which means I'm spending 3 hours on the road tonight to drive out there and back to get him in far from fun weather (at least it's not snowing...).

I sorely wish the DMC were drivable- at least that way I'd be enjoying the drive and having some fun...

1 ... 579 580 581 582 583 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vUfh5U1nV4c4MsHlLOBCwrFGDYvhzi4y4L6uAoBENn2CFH9Je5uitFtRhvKMlE6y