1 ... 596 597 598 599 600 ... 1926
KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
2/17/17 5:14 p.m.

So the head cold is fully involved and I'm a sniffling mess by the time I leave work and head to the pharmacy/grocery store.

I finally make my purchases (yay for tight controls on sudafed, now I have to wait in the pharmacy line behind short round lady who is picking up prescriptions for every member of her extended family). As I shuffle out to my car, clutching drugs and dinner fixins to my wheezing chest, my phone rings. It's the evening shift guy for my department. There is a problem at work and I'm the only one who knows how to fix it.

Two hours OT for 30 minutes of work is good I suppose but tonight I really just want to go home and lay on the couch.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/17/17 7:45 p.m.

Went to look at a truck tonight. 05 GMC 2500, crew cab, short bed, Duramax, pretty much fully loaded and super clean looking in the ad. After driving around Harrisburg for 20 minutes as a result of making a wrong turn, I finally find the place only to discover the truck isn't quite as clean as I expected. Decent overall, but rust starting in the rockers, sloppy steering, and the brand new tires it was advertised as having were some el cheapo no name things. Meh, not worth the asking price.

But that's not my rant. I left my damn Mag light on the seat and didn't realize until I was almost home

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
2/17/17 8:18 p.m.

In reply to Furious_E:

Not the mag light!! It's like leaving a kid behind.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/17/17 8:29 p.m.

mag lights are overrated..

My rant involves me doing a stupid. I dislike cold weather, even working and moving around, once it gets down below 65, I get cold. I brought my sweatshirt home to be washed over my "weekend" and forgot to bring it back to work this morning. We have Kathy Griffin in tonight, she wants the theatre down to 60. Too nipply for my tastes and it made for a cold and miserable work day

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/17/17 8:33 p.m.

200 feet of all thread in my garage. 1 single solitary nut that fits it. Guess I know where I'm going first thing in the morning. Again.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/17/17 9:18 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

I'm sure it can and will be replaced with something cheaper and better, but it still bugs me. Could have turned around to get it, but I was hungry and sick of driving around. Replacement cost is probably a wash for the time and aggrevation anyways.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
2/17/17 10:12 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

Mag lights with a luxeon led retrofit are awesome.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/18/17 9:11 a.m.

6 D-cell Mag Lights make awesome wepons.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/18/17 9:29 a.m.

Really? Why did you bury the starter so deep, mazda? Everything else ive ever serviced on one of these had been stupid simple. Not this....

dropstep
dropstep Dork
2/18/17 6:58 p.m.

Got all excited about going too look at a parts car today. Get there and the guys 82 mustang is actually a 90.. so not the transmission i want, and its fuel injected. Back too the hunt for the correct driveline donor.

mad_machine
2/18/17 7:26 p.m.
dculberson wrote: In reply to mad_machine: Mag lights with a luxeon led retrofit are awesome.

I tried the LED retrofits; nothing compares to the 960 lumen minimag sized flashlight I currently carry at work

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
2/18/17 10:26 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

Ok that's crazy. I'm not even sure I would want a 1k lumen flashlight. Maybe if it defaults to half power or less. 400 lumens is plenty for me and the battery lasts dozens of hours.

wae
wae Dork
2/19/17 12:05 a.m.

So the Prednisone makes me feel twenty years younger, which is great. Wish it would let me sleep, though.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/17 2:47 a.m.

In reply to wae:

Don't take it on an empty stomach either. After a week I was convinced I was dying.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
2/19/17 9:31 a.m.

Last night I had a date with my wife, without the kid, for the first time in many years. That was all good.

It involved a party bus, too much alcohol and no food. Today is all bad. Very bad.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/19/17 10:42 a.m.

There is no such thing as the right amount of waffle batter. There is "not enough to reach the top plate and cook a complete waffle" and there is "pouring out the sides of the iron in a molten gooey mess". Nothing in between those quantities.

Wall-e
2/19/17 3:35 p.m.

In reply to Duke:

I try to error on the molten gooey mess side. I hate opening the iron and finding an incomplete waffle.

mad_machine
2/19/17 4:15 p.m.
dculberson wrote: In reply to mad_machine: Ok that's crazy. I'm not even sure I would want a 1k lumen flashlight. Maybe if it defaults to half power or less. 400 lumens is plenty for me and the battery lasts dozens of hours.

It is crazy, I can illuminate (faintly) the top of Harrah's newest tower when standing at it/s base. Considering it is the 3rd tallest building in NJ, that is a lot of floors

And yes, it has a Low, medium, and high power mode. It's the only LED flashlight I have ever owned that if you shine it on somebody close by, they can feel it warm their skin

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
2/19/17 5:17 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: In reply to Duke: I try to error on the molten gooey mess side. I hate opening the iron and finding an incomplete waffle.

This really is a first world problem.

mad_machine
2/19/17 7:32 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote:
Wall-e wrote: In reply to Duke: I try to error on the molten gooey mess side. I hate opening the iron and finding an incomplete waffle.

now you're just waffling

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/19/17 10:54 p.m.

berkeley you Illinois IRS. I don't owe you $88.76, you owe ME $10. I used YOUR god damn site to do the tax return. I have proof. You just pulled that other number out you ass. You're going to have to deal with a very irate citizen come 14:00 hours, Central time.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/20/17 8:40 a.m.
mad_machine wrote:
dculberson wrote: In reply to mad_machine: Ok that's crazy. I'm not even sure I would want a 1k lumen flashlight. Maybe if it defaults to half power or less. 400 lumens is plenty for me and the battery lasts dozens of hours.
It is crazy, I can illuminate (faintly) the top of Harrah's newest tower when standing at it/s base. Considering it is the 3rd tallest building in NJ, that is a lot of floors And yes, it has a Low, medium, and high power mode. It's the only LED flashlight I have ever owned that if you shine it on somebody close by, they can feel it warm their skin

What flashlight do you have? I'd imagine it's unfortunately too large for my purposes (my Fenix E12 fits perfectly alongside my Swiss Army Knife in the small pouch on my belt, but it's only 130 lumens) but might be worth looking into.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/20/17 9:53 a.m.

So many rants, so little time. Actually, that's not true- and a rant of its own: I'm currently waiting for 3 (sorry, 4) different groups/people to get back to me about either projects I'm working or new tasks they want my help on, but for now I'm just waiting.

The weekend started off pretty good- I was supposed to go down and pick up the Bonneville SSEi and had everything in place to do so (many thanks to KyAllroad for letting me borrow his tow vehicle), and even had a friend from work who wanted to tag along. Unfortunately, the seller suddenly stopped responding to any communication while working out time and place to meet up and I've gotten nothing but radio silence since, so about midday Saturday gave up and returned the tow vehicle (had cancelled the UHaul rental, thankfully at no charge). I had found another SSEi even cheaper- but it was twice the drive away and didn't currently run, so decided I was not in the mood for spending the whole day getting the car.

Messaged a different seller on eBay about an iPad Mini as I'm interested in upgrading from my much slower 3rd-gen iPad. Hear back from them that they'll only come down $5 on their price, which is fine by me- they're already low. Short time later the listing is gone- and then reposted with the asking price upped by $25. Still a worthwhile deal, but also annoying.

Was trying to get out of the house early this morning so I can get back before SWMBO leaves for her evening classes so I can go along to help out- but took longer to find several things (mostly my fault). Almost got hit on the way riding my bike in because there was VERY heavy fog and some dimwits didn't have the lights on in their light-grey SUV so I could practically not see the car.

And over the weekend the tax/registration reminders for the Jeep AND the PAU- which I've not owned for over 8 months. Great, now I need to get the form to fill out and certify that I sold the vehicle so it's off my tax roll. Bring in both things to work today so I can walk over during lunch to take care of them- only to remember that it's a federal holoday today so the Country Clerk's office will be closed and thus I won't be able to do anything.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
2/20/17 10:13 a.m.

Must be Mossy Oak seat covers are the universal sign for not having any sense of personal hygiene, because every vehicle I get in at work with those on berking reeks. C'mon people, have a little sense of decency.

Wall-e
2/20/17 10:27 a.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote:

The best kind to have.

1 ... 596 597 598 599 600 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RtpZaaozUtNuCD9P78PquYn5I2LRBOVDotYJTghoVZ0pBWs12aac598ThsRKf9kX