1 ... 597 598 599 600 601 ... 1928
dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
2/20/17 12:45 p.m.
mad_machine wrote:
dculberson wrote: In reply to mad_machine: Ok that's crazy. I'm not even sure I would want a 1k lumen flashlight. Maybe if it defaults to half power or less. 400 lumens is plenty for me and the battery lasts dozens of hours.
It is crazy, I can illuminate (faintly) the top of Harrah's newest tower when standing at it/s base. Considering it is the 3rd tallest building in NJ, that is a lot of floors And yes, it has a Low, medium, and high power mode. It's the only LED flashlight I have ever owned that if you shine it on somebody close by, they can feel it warm their skin

Amazing. Yeah, I don't have a lot of use for a flashlight like that.

But my Maglight with LED retrofit is useful and has a lot of sentimental value. I bought the 5-cell maglight in beautiful anodized red when I was about 18. Some decades later it still looks awesome and has a renewed life with the retrofit. I have brighter lights and better lights, but none has the same memories.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/17 2:13 p.m.

Not sure if I'm actually coming down with an exotic mosquito-borne illness (I know what that feels like) or if I just feel E36 M3ty in all the same ways, but either way it sucks.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/20/17 2:28 p.m.

I've got a case of the Hershey squirts myself. Think the wife is getting it too. Thankfully our house has two toilets

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/20/17 2:55 p.m.

I haven't eaten since Friday. There's food in the house, money in my pocket, but I can find nothing I actually want to eat. Nothing in the grocery stores, nothing at any of the sorry excuses for restaurants around here, nothing at all that remotely looks or sounds appetizing. I am therefore in progressively worse moods when my stomach growls or I spend an hour going through every aisle at the grocery store trying to spend money, and every trip to the fridge where nothing changes like it magically should.

Everything just looks and tastes the same. It's annoying, to say the least. Everything is just a variation of pizza or burgers. Meat, sauce, bread is pizza. Doesn't matter if it's pasta, a sandwich, flavored like Mexican or Asian, it's pizza.

berkeley chicken, boring flavorless bird. Short of spending all day tending the smoker which is almost impossible with the kid here, pork falls into the same category as chicken, boring, flavorless.

Even the "fancy" stuff like veal, lamb, and seafood is all just the same boring stuff with different meat. Even winds up tasting the same by the time it's cooked so it's not worth the extra money from the outset.

I would happily just go out to eat, but of the whopping 2 restaurants around here actually worth the cost of admission, the menu hasn't changed in 10 years, and isn't very different than anything I can make better at home for less.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/20/17 5:24 p.m.

In reply to mtn:

Yea, SWMBO has been feeling like crap all day and I'm starting to not feel so hot myself. Posting from the toilet right now, actually...

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/20/17 5:34 p.m.

So lets see....

Mazda popped a radiator.

Duster popped a fuel tank.

Elky lost windshield wipers.

Challenge car lost its current home.

I'm so covered up at work i don't know where to start.

Im E36 M3ting blood from a hemorrhoid (i think).

Im out of my meds and the berkeleying doctor wont call in a refill without seeing me.

I think I am going to watch tv and try to sleep off the attitude when i finally get home.

sachilles
sachilles UltraDork
2/21/17 8:11 a.m.

Washed my car today since it was above freezing. Discovered a black door ding on my red car on the passenger side rear door. Oddly enough my wifes new car is black, and she parks to the right of me in the garage....and we have an 8 year old that would be on the driver side rear of said car. I can only imagine how this might have occurred. Both cars are fairly new. Can't have nice things.

RevRico
2/21/17 2:47 p.m.

Opened my daughter a savings account today at the credit union, and found out I owe the credit union I had in California money. There was $10 left in the account when I cut up the debit card, I apparently owe $200 now because of monthly maintenance fees because I didn't officially close the account, just haven't used it in 3 years. I'm starting to reconsider the nice things I say about credit unions as I've never gotten an email or phone call about it.

Doesn't show up on my credit report, so I don't think I'm going to pay it.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/21/17 2:51 p.m.

Paid off the Cadillac. They sent me a $0.19 check to cover the extra that I paid. They paid $0.46 in postage to get it to me. This can't be what we've come to as a society, can it?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/21/17 3:00 p.m.

Lunch was a little too big. Dragging ass now....

dropstep
dropstep Dork
2/21/17 3:47 p.m.

A friends dad finally made space in his garage so i can get the parts i want pulled off my parts wagon. Just so happens to be the same week/weekend im going to visit my mother.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/17 9:07 a.m.

I just spent an hour trying to find the part number for the lamp that illuminates the odometer in my disco. It seems like from the forums, I either needed to visit the dealer for this "dealer only part" or.. "mine's been out for years"

There are only so many styles of automotive lamp and I certainly doubt that Rover was going to have one custom made just for the disco.

509T 12 volts, 1.5w.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
2/22/17 9:34 a.m.

The grind shop where I spend 5 out of 6 work days every week is staffed only by myself and one other guy. He's been there 20 years, works day shift and goes out of his way to be a childish dickhead to everybody nearly every day. I have to work directly with this berkeleystick so every day is a test of my patience.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/22/17 11:08 a.m.

I haven't slept well in a week. Im tired, grumpy, and feel like E36 M3. I have very little patience for the incompetent berkeleys i have to clean up after today. And apparently telling them to their face that they are an incompetent berkeley is frowned upon. Even when your boss agrees, she still has to crawl your ass.

Why cant I tell the truth? Are people that big of Bob Costas these days? Did i hurt your feelings? Do i give a berkeley? Do your berkeleying jobs, not leave it for somebody else to clean up and then bitch about it to my boss when someone calls you on your E36 M3 to your face instead of talking to your boss like im apparently supposed to.

berkeleying whining bitches.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/17 11:47 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

Because you're not their supervisor and you can't seem to provide constructive criticism and you can't seem to understand that your personal problems are impacting your work?

Nah, its their fault for pissing you off and being offended when you call them bad names and act like a grumpy ass.

Take your ass home and get some damned sleep, drink some water and do something to relax before you give yourself a coronary or worse.

RevRico
2/22/17 11:51 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

Be careful. I've been fired for that before. Didn't know being the supervisors best friends kid meant you could stand around all night on your phone while everyone else worked twice as hard to cover for you.

The job I had before that I was the bosses kid, and I didn't have any of those privileges. I was the bosses kid, had to set a good example for everyone else.

Maybe you should go up the chain of command with some hints that if these people don't want to do their jobs, the door is over there.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/22/17 12:09 p.m.

Since I wasn't spending the money on a car Saturday, I decided to finally pick up the new, much larger tool chest from HF I'd been eyeing since I started trying to pick up & organize my garage better.

First- the fine print on HF's 20% off coupons is a pain in the ass. Granted, getting the tool chest for about $350 after tax was still a good deal- but getting it for $70 less if the 20% coupon would have worked on it would have been far better.

Second- I'm having a bitch of a time trying to figure out what tools to put in it, what tools to re-organize the pegboard to hold, and which ones to either dump in a bag in a corner until I need like 4 10mm wrenches at once or see about selling to clear out the space. In addition to the obvious like wrenches, sockets, ratchets, screwdrivers, & pliers, do I use the rolling tool chest for things that I use most commonly out of ALL of the tools? Or focus on the tools that are more specialized for working on the cars? Is it worth it making the space for all of the 18V tools (the air tools are already going in it since they don't get used outside of the garage much), or do I just keep them in the nice bag they came in since they occasionally get taken elsewhere for me to use? How, with a limited amount of space- especially when using the organizers- do I figure out which sockets to actually have handy and which to put elsewhere? Do I bother putting the splined metric/standard combo sockets in the chest, or limit it to just 6- and 12-point sockets? Or some combination? @_@

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/22/17 12:35 p.m.

In reply to Stefan:

Thanks. I needed to hear that. Its the shot of perspective that i couldn't give myself.

I agree about sleep/water/relaxation. Probably going to flex some time out today and go home early.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
2/22/17 12:36 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/TWQAYfGxsPE

I think I am going to build some racks like these for my most used stuff and the rollers for more specialized stuff that I use more rarely...

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/22/17 2:40 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote: In reply to Ashyukun: I think I am going to build some racks like these for my most used stuff and the rollers for more specialized stuff that I use more rarely...

That's a solid bit overkill for me- I don't have quite that many of any one kind of tool with the possible exception of sockets & wrenches (and even then I think he's got more pliers than I have wrenches...). Those two are going to be my biggest problem in determining what to have handy and what to put further out of reach. I've largely determined that I need to just clear EVERYTHING off the workbenches that run most of the length of one side of my garage and lay out ALL of the tools on it and figure out what should go where. HOPEFULLY that's enough space for that...

This is the tool chest I picked up- it's got a whole lot of space, but not enough to hold EVERYTHING especially when talking about rarely-used but large & bulky things like the body hammering kit, spring compressor, etc.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/22/17 4:58 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: Google just lost me as a customer. Completely. We saw an ad on TV about a company that my wife saw on Shark Tank- so she asked me to go, and see what they are about. Not that I want to buy their stuff- just type in the website address (no google search) and look at it. Less than 20 min later, I have an e-mail from that company. The only one that tracks me that close is google. Holy crap. Edit- this is why I don't FB. the benefits of being part of it vs the cost of companies knowing so much about me isn't worth it. It helps that the people I want to keep in touch with is a fairly small group- GRM people being one of them.

Hear hear. I have suddenly gotten on a mailing list for baby products after either accidentally clicking on an ad while trying to scroll the damn page on my mobile, or buying the baby version of a lotion on amazon because I don't want a scent in my lotion. For the record I don't fb either. Now I have a big ol' box of formula samples in my mailbox today that I now need to donate. Gotta get off this list. Called the company that sent it and they claim to have gotten my info from a list company called Family Connect, but damned if I can't find E36 M3 about them on the interwebz yo. Gotta do more diggin' I guess...

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
2/22/17 5:29 p.m.

If I could go back in time and talk to 18yo me I would tell him to take better care of my knees. Damn they a hurtn'

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
2/22/17 5:57 p.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: If I could go back in time and talk to 18yo me I would tell him to take better care of my knees. Damn they a hurtn'

Payin' for the sins of your youth are ya. BTDT

Old timers in the gang used to tell me wait til ya hit 50, although I was in my 40's at the time I was still the youngest. Yea, berkeleyin' right. I felt bulletproof.

Little stuff at first, they was right. Knees are about the first to give ya any trouble.

What I learned the hard way: good shoes, particularly on concrete floors. Keep hydrated, my joints hurt a lot more w/o ample fluids. Lose weight, knees ain't meant to support 50+ lbs over their design weight. I don't take joint supplements but I oughta.

Most important, you ain't 20 or 30 no more, don't act like it.

Welcome to the club.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/17 6:41 p.m.

couple of days ago I had an itch in my ear. Like a dumbass I stuck a finger in there and gave it a scratch. Well, seems I did more than scratch the itch, I scratched that sensitive skin and my finger was dirty. The pimple that developed feels like it will pop soon, as it is incredibly painful

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
2/22/17 6:43 p.m.

In reply to fasted58:

Too many years crawling around under crawl spaces dragging totes filled with mud, dirt and gravel. I'm only thirty damn seven. The cortisone shots have stopped working.

1 ... 597 598 599 600 601 ... 1928

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tXFZy3NTjB72BKrwuVN2jSmrLNrJMFwarnJHUeMoTYy9OUaJXOSWIzj3h8iehzBz