1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 1926
Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
9/22/11 8:40 a.m.

I wonder if I'm the only one who glances at this thread title and keeps seeing "Minor Threat rant..."

Nevermind... carry on...

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
9/22/11 8:43 a.m.
Conquest351 wrote: Guy comes in, asks for an oil change. I tell him I have vehicles on the lifts and when they're done his will be right in. "I have a 10:30 appointment!"

I'll tell ya... this one really grinds my gears. People who take appointments and are never on berkeleying schedule.

When it is your time they are wasting by not being able to keep to a schedule they themselves set - they don't much care to hear about it. Be one minute late though and they will gladly tell you about it, threaten to charge you for the time or give your spot to the next guy even though they weren't ready for you when you got there.

So to all you doctors, dentists, cable guys, and contractors/estimators...

• BUY A berkeleying WATCH - LEARN TO USE IT
  • Do not over-book your time. If you are late every berkeleying day... maybe you aren't as efficient as you think you are.
  • COMMUNICATE. Call and say you are running late. Don't make me leave a paying job to sit in your crappy office for 2 hours while you play catch-up. Nobody is too sick to come tomorrow or they would have gone to the berkeleying emergency room.
  • It is YOUR berkeleying FAULT. Lose the attitude. Maybe even try an apologetic one on for size.

Alternatively... just hang a first-come, first-served sign and don't put yourself in that position in the first place.

Special hate for you motherberkeleying cable guys... berkeley you. berkeley you and your 4 hour window that you NEVER EVER MAKE. berkeley you right in your time wasting shiny happy people with a chainsaw.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
9/22/11 12:27 p.m.

My rant- school zones. 15mph, not a kid in sight. Cop with radar is there, though.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
9/22/11 12:37 p.m.

why is it i can find the most awesome deals on Craigslist when I'm not looking for a car, but when I am in the market, nothing is available?!?

And, if something is, the person won't respond to my email???

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
9/22/11 12:52 p.m.

Why is it that people seem to take a narrow, two lane, barely maintained county road and turn it into a Finnish Rally Stage each morning in lieu of commuting? I swear I've see guys in lifted trucks blow by at 70, passing three and four cars at a time. This in a spot where if you screw up, you get close and personal with Mr. White Oak and his friend Mr. Pine Tree quickly.

Or the stunt I saw one day: One guy couldn't make it past car #4, so thought he'd pull in front of car #3 he'd just passed. Car #3 didn't take to that idea, so just matched his speed. I was Car #2, and got concerned when the truck now in the opposite lane realized that the garbage truck coming at him was going to win the oncoming war of physics. Fortunately, he slowed down and dropped in front of me, like I'd hoped rather than go out in a blaze of glory.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
9/23/11 7:13 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Special hate for you motherberkeleying cable guys... berkeley you. berkeley you and your 4 hour window that you NEVER EVER MAKE. berkeley you right in your time wasting shiny happy people with a chainsaw.

fasted58
fasted58 Dork
9/23/11 7:38 p.m.

The younger guys at the beer distributor never rotate the cold beer to the top stack in the display cooler, they just pile the warehouse temp beer on top of cold beer or they let the cold stock run down to nothing before they restock w/ warehouse warm stuff. Young guys will close out the lottery machine waaay before closing time too.

The old timers always rotate the cold beer to the top and never let the stock run down, lottery stays open w/ in five minutes of closing.

WTF happened to work ethic here, I know this ain't national security here but dammit.. if ya can't count on cold beer and a lottery ticket WTF can ya count on?

Drewsifer
Drewsifer Dork
9/24/11 9:25 a.m.

Why the hell is a degree so important these days? I'm not say going to college is a bad thing, but have people forgotten how much EXPERIENCE is worth? I can't find a job to save my life right now because I don't have a degree. But in the Army I was responsible for over 50 million dollars of equipment. I managed a small base by myself for berkeleys sake!

So screw all of you who won't hire me. Now I have to go live with my in-laws like a loser.

RossD
RossD SuperDork
9/26/11 3:15 p.m.

Why does every ad on Craigslist under the 'Antiques' section have in the title that the item is 'old', 'vintage', or 'antique'? Damn it, thats why I clicked on that section; to look at old E36 M3!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/26/11 3:50 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote: Another one... How is it that if you go somewhere like an automotive service facility, you can just demand not to pay for things? We have Shop Charges. They cover little expenses like brake cleaner, washer fluid, red rags, etc. People just come in and say, I'm not paying that. What other place do you go that you can say that? Go to walmart and tell them you're not paying tax? Go to a restaurant and tell them you're not paying a tip? Drive through a toll road and say you're not paying the toll? Doesn't work that way. Also, it's called "FLAG RATE"! Just because they complete a 6 hour job in 2 hours doesn't mean you only get charged 2 hours. That is how mechanics make money, by being good and fast. I'm not taking money out of their pockets and punishing them for being good at their jobs.

Because 99% of businesses call that little E36 M3 "overhead" and it's built into their normal rate. Also, my appliance repair guy only charges actual time when he comes out to fix my washer. Why should I pay you 6 hours of money for 2 hours of work? Union knuckleheads don't even get that. 1 hour of work = 1 hour of pay.

The "automotive service" industry is the most berkleyed up thing I've ever seen...

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
9/26/11 3:54 p.m.

Why does it say paperjam when there is no paperjam?!?!?!

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
9/26/11 4:16 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Why does it say paperjam when there is no paperjam?!?!?!

Because printer?

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
9/27/11 1:20 a.m.

PC load letter?

9/27/11 6:39 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Why does it say paperjam when there is no paperjam?!?!?!

insert toast

fasted58
fasted58 Dork
9/27/11 8:33 p.m.

Neighbor moved his business into his house/ garage, zoned residential. Don't affect me much. Now there's 18 wheelers making deliveries including pallet trucks dragging E36 M3 across the street, crappy looking work vans and his workers hoopties parked all along the street... everywhere but in front of his house. Other neighbors are getting pretty hot.

I'm gonna kick back w/ a cold brew n watch the fireworks

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
9/28/11 10:33 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: Neighbor moved his business into his house/ garage, zoned residential. Don't affect me much. Now there's 18 wheelers making deliveries including pallet trucks dragging E36 M3 across the street, crappy looking work vans and his workers hoopties parked all along the street... everywhere but in front of his house. Other neighbors are getting pretty hot. I'm gonna kick back w/ a cold brew n watch the fireworks

My neighbor runs a salvage business, repairing and flipping totaled cars. He parks his rig/car hauler on the road. Our narrow, dead end, back country road. I can bearly get my neon past.

I would love to go into E36 M3 with shiny happy person customers, but I don't want to violate my company's Internet/social networking policy.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
9/29/11 1:32 a.m.

Hey shiny happy person! Yeah, you! Pick a berkeleying speed will you? I'm trapped behind you for the next 10 miles with no way to pass. Stop jerking me around by going 5 under, then getting my hopes up by going 4 over, only to drop down to 7 under the speed limit. You're lucky the cops removed the push bars before selling me my cop car.

aggravator
aggravator New Reader
9/29/11 2:15 a.m.

hey you hypermilers, we can make more fuel! can you make up for all that time you made me loose?

9/29/11 6:56 a.m.

Hey rain, knock it the berkeley off already.

Thanks,
Northeast PA

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry Reader
10/1/11 7:10 p.m.

Took the daily driver/ winter assault vehicle to the local garage/parts store/ tire shop for a state inspection today. Told the service manager the CEL was on and I needed a clear sticker ( NH gives a clear sticker if the ODB-II cars fail emissions along with 60 days to fix it,which I knew this car would fail.. anywho). An hour later one on the techs comes out, tells me the car needs a ball joint, and the cat is loud..uh, what? I knew the donut gasket needs to be replaced along with the cat. He hands me the keys, the registration and tells me I'm all set. I drive the mile and a half home, look at the windshield and the old sticker is still on the car...argh.

fasted58
fasted58 SuperDork
10/1/11 8:19 p.m.

45, cold and rain, feels more like November than Oct. 1.

kabel
kabel Dork
10/1/11 8:27 p.m.

I hate the sound of the kid bouncing the basketball next-door, every day… thump, thump, thump

egnorant
egnorant Dork
10/1/11 9:55 p.m.

Just today!!

3 lane intersection with a car stopped in the middle lane, as I speed limit +5 my way in the right lane for a right on red and the shiny happy truck that was behind me decides that he wants to be first in line at the light. Does he go to the vacant left lane? NO..he does a full throttle acceleration and misses me by a foot off my back bumper, passes at about 20 mph faster than me and jumps in front of me. He has to REALLY get on his brakes and hopping sideways about 5 feet into the intersection......and proceeds to sit and wait on the light to go straight while the other 3 directions get their turn.

His sticker asking me "how is my driving" added even more time to my pizza delivery time. Wonder if they actually do anything as the sticker actually said "Drivers wanted...how's my driving and then the 1-800 number.

10 minutes later...2 lanes and a lady discovers that she wants to pull into a beauty shop on the right, but she is in the left lane!! So she stops and tries waiting until everyone clears out of the left lane....not realizing that EVERYONE is funneling into the left lane as the right lane is backing up further and further behind her. 45 mph zone and traffic slows to about 25.

Later on the same 2 lane, other direction same beauty shop. Fellow coming out of the donut shop (across from the beauty shop) while a car B has stopped to pull into the donut shop but cannot until car A clears the drive. So car A pulls out to go left and stops across both lanes while car C is trying to do a left tun into the donut shop from the left turn lane. Despite the 4 other entrances to the same shopping center, everyone has decided to use the same one at the same time. I led a convoy through the shopping center parking lot before the cop could get everything straightened out.

I'm driving the P71 tomorrow!

Bruce

AsianFemaleDriver
AsianFemaleDriver New Reader
10/1/11 10:27 p.m.

Dear Boston: if you insist on a yearly inspection on cars, why do you let cars with not fully functioning BRAKE LIGHTS drive around?? You gave my mother a parking violation ticket for an expired inspection sticker and yet don't care to stop a car with nearly no brake lights and make sure they fix it before they cause accidents? I see them WAY too many times each and every day!! Oh also, Bostonians, is it sooo hard to use blinkers when changing lanes or turning? I can't count how many times I slammed on my brakes and fear for my life when you make a sudden lane change in front of me! It is sooo conveniently placed right next to the steering wheel so you don't even have to take your hands off to tap it. It is not only courteous on the road to use it but also prevents accidents from happening - it could save your life! Please do not make me think you are ignorant fools.

Word of warning: if you are a car enthusiast and love to drive, then Boston is not a place for you. Live somewhere else for your own good.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
10/2/11 11:12 a.m.

Ever see Louis C.K.'s bit on white people problems?

We should rename this thread white people problems in its honor

Louis C.K. said: Here we make E36 M3 up to be upset about, like ‘how come I have to choose a language on the ATM machine? It’s bullE36 M3! I shouldn’t have to do that, I’m American!

http://comedians.jokes.com/louis-c-k-/videos/uncensored---louis-c-k----white-people-problems

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
58ciVNTC7f4ioMkIGEQoWsrpDwn6f13SoTEpKI6djmcfRIDLxtn8NRRMHp581VEW