1 ... 605 606 607 608 609 ... 1926
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
3/12/17 2:05 p.m.

A 94 year old driver just tboned the viper. So I get to berkeley with that now. Was coming home from cars and coffee and she did not stop and a stop sign. 15k worth of custom rims are shot. Suspension sion is bent. Entire passenger side will need to be repainted. Already called insurance and told them to start pulling the deminiahed value paperwork and to send an appraiser. Car looks ok but easy 35-40k in damage if the suspension is bent.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
3/12/17 2:48 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe:

I think that might qualify as a major rant.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/12/17 3:09 p.m.

I hate selling cars. Typically I am not opposed to periodically thinning out the fleet, rather the actual thankless process of making the sale happen.

This time, however, I need to part with both my E30 and DC4. Making room for the new purchase means the headache of selling two cars mixed with the unpleasantness that comes from parting with beloved companions.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/17 8:36 a.m.

Barely got the Samurai running and struggled through this weekend's offroad rally. Got a late arrival penalty because it gave a ton of trouble to start in the morning, even though it started fine over the previous 3 days.

Now here's a riddle for you:

Q: What's worse than no AC in a hot climate?

A: No cabin fan in a hot climate.

(the fan whirs away but there's almost zero airflow from the vents)

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
3/13/17 9:29 a.m.
The0retical wrote: If you are scared of driving in the snow stay put until it stops snowing.

1000 times this!! I would add "and the roads are cleared," too.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/13/17 9:33 a.m.

Enough berkeleying around with the time.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
3/13/17 9:45 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Now here's a riddle for you: Q: What's worse than no AC in a hot climate? A: No cabin fan in a hot climate. (the fan whirs away but there's almost zero airflow from the vents)

My E36 M3 coupe had that + the drivers side window wouldn't go down.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
3/13/17 9:59 a.m.
nderwater wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote: Now here's a riddle for you: Q: What's worse than no AC in a hot climate? A: No cabin fan in a hot climate. (the fan whirs away but there's almost zero airflow from the vents)

With the Ranger, the blower motor would whirl and move almost no air at all. Pulled it apart to find 20 years of tiny leaves, and the "condenser" was coated in organic schmutz. A good cleaning helped a million percent.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
3/13/17 10:13 a.m.

Two left turn lanes, I'm behind a 90s maroon Sentra in the outer turn lane, next to me a police officer in the inner turn lane, light turns green and Sentra is not paying attention, then when she gets going she cuts the turn short almost forcing the officer into the curbed divider, despite the lane in front of him being clear she's still ahead of him, clearly still distracted she's all over her lane, then she realizes there's a marked cruiser next to her and slows waaaaaay down and changes lanes...and he passes her?!? WTF that's exactly the type of person who needs to be pulled over.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
3/13/17 10:15 a.m.

It's 10 degrees with 30-50mph winds here in Central New York. Terrific. And then Facebook reminds me that a year ago I was driving my Miata with the top down.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/13/17 10:17 a.m.

I feel like E36 M3. The cold medicine aint working.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/17 10:54 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote:
nderwater wrote:
With the Ranger, the blower motor would whirl and move almost no air at all. Pulled it apart to find 20 years of tiny leaves, and the "condenser" was coated in organic schmutz. A good cleaning helped a million percent.

I probably have this in combination with some stuck/broken flap in the HVAC box from yesterday's vertical shock. It worked at the start of the event.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/13/17 12:25 p.m.

After a relatively upbeat weekend given Thursday night/Friday morning's ER visit for SWMBO where I finally picked up what I hope will be my Challenge car (much thanks to eastsidemav, KyAllroad, and wae for their help), I was hoping to have a fairly relaxed start to the work week. NOPE.

Got in to find a nastygram email from my boss needing to know exactly what all the personal paid time last year was for (he knew it was all for the Dr. appointments & PT for my Achilles', but needed to know what was what) and a note from my on-site supervisor that said boss had called him Friday after getting the supervisor's note that I was going to be out with the boss noting that I had been out a lot of Fridays/Mondays this year. Yeah, berkeley off- my wife spends the night in the ER, I'm staying home and looking after her the following day (especially since I got no sleep that night either).

And the icing on the cake for the day- SWMBO had a follow-up appointment at the actual Doctor (well, Physician's Assistant- close enough) after her aforementioned ER visit. We expected it to be nothing more than them checking her over and confirming that she was recovering nicely. She gets in and they tell her that the culture came back from the ER visit and they're not seeing any of what they should be for it to have been a kidney infection- so they're now back to more seriously thinking it is her gallbladder, and she's going to have to go back in the next few days for an ultrasound to see if it is gallstones. And if it is? She'll almost certainly have to have surgery to remove it.

Me being me I've of course Googled the berkeley out of the operation, and thankfully it seems to be pretty straightforward and simple- but it's still going in and removing an organ and anything that involved anesthesia can run into trouble. Not to mention the 1-2 week recovery time, which I have an REALLY hard time seeing SWMBO coming anywhere close to following along with.

AND we're supposed to be going on vacation in a month to South Carolina and have a largely non-refundable reservation renting a house. Guess the recommended vacation insurance wasn't such a good thing to have decided to pass on...

dropstep
dropstep Dork
3/13/17 12:36 p.m.

The weather sucks, facebook memories lets me know i usually have my station wagon out by now and craigslist is making my head hurt today.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/13/17 12:54 p.m.

Got 5 inches of snow, and its still snowing. 3 weeks ago, it was pushing 70.

berkeley you Mother Nature, you crazy.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
3/13/17 8:37 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: I feel like E36 M3. The cold medicine aint working.

X2. I was mentioning to my wife last week that I haven't been sick all winter.

Then today....

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
3/13/17 8:48 p.m.

Rather disappointed in my current employment situation. I gave them two weeks notice and was asked to stay a bit longer, which I did, but now they seem to be pushing me harder and trying to see if they can reach my breaking point.

Just have to ride it out and remain professional.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/13/17 11:15 p.m.

In reply to Tactical Penguin:

Or quit Scarface style.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/14/17 5:06 a.m.

I've been up for 22 hours. A dorm spot finally opened up so I can grab a nap before today's snow filled 12hrs and my room is directly under the pool table in the lunch room. Since runs are being cut the guys waiting to go out are passing the time with... pool.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
3/14/17 8:02 a.m.

Almost got hit by a stoeln car Saturday. two d-bags stole a brand new STi. It's all over the local Subaru Facebook pages and now the one idiot is on Facebook asking for sympathy for his hurt leg. Never mentions the STOLEN car, or the minivan he totaled next to me.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/14/17 8:07 a.m.

In reply to Jerry:

Call his ass out.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/14/17 8:10 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Got 5 inches of snow, and its still snowing. 3 weeks ago, it was pushing 70. berkeley you Mother Nature, you crazy.

I wish we got the snow. We have freezing rain, 60mph gusts, and coastal flooding. There is still the potential for up to 6 inches of snow atop all the rain and wind we got last night. Not what I want to deal with on my Friday.

People at work know I have a capable SUV too, so they are expecting me to make it in

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
3/14/17 10:51 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

Oh about 200+ people have so far.

imgon
imgon Reader
3/14/17 12:39 p.m.

Stupid storm, knocked out the power, waited an hour and a half and figured it was out for the duration of the storm as supposedly we are just at the beginning. Dragged the gen out got all my cords hooked up, cranked it up and discovered the utility power had come on about 2 minutes before. Took it all apart and switched back over to utility. Maybe I should have posted this in the first world problem thread?

wae
wae Dork
3/14/17 6:30 p.m.
imgon wrote: Stupid storm, knocked out the power, waited an hour and a half and figured it was out for the duration of the storm as supposedly we are just at the beginning. Dragged the gen out got all my cords hooked up, cranked it up and discovered the utility power had come on about 2 minutes before. Took it all apart and switched back over to utility. Maybe I should have posted this in the first world problem thread?

Had nearly the exact same thing happen a couple weeks ago! Our power had been out for 2 days so I had the motorhome parked in the driveway, running the generator to power a few things in the house. I took the RV back when the power came on, but later that night it went out again. After an hour of darkness and the power company saying that our ETR was 0800 the next day, I went and got the RV again and brought it back. As I was backing in to the driveway, the power came back on.

Look at the positive side: You can tell all your neighbors that they can thank you for getting the power back on so quickly. If you hadn't gone through all that work, the power would still be out!

My daily rant: You stupid PT Cruiser. First you just up and die in traffic and now you're intermittently holding on to the key and not letting ago. Couldn't do that while the temperatures were in the 70s, could you? Had to wait for it to get below freezing so I can not only freeze my man-parts off but now your plastic is all nice and brittle. Fantastic!

1 ... 605 606 607 608 609 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eHFeUuIHTritZ5nTsYacasCvAkxucXwgWcpYC8thsTFexPwAPNHvXacsdx5ISRUI