1 ... 607 608 609 610 611 ... 1927
ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
3/16/17 5:59 p.m.

I have no idea why, but ever since daylight savings time kicked in, the freakin' morons on the road have been putting in overtime. Holy berkin' hell traffic's been horrible ! Most days I'm lucky just to get the car back in the yard in one piece. You damn tractor trailer drivers sure aren't helping, either.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/16/17 6:44 p.m.

damnit.. why couldn't fiat have just called the new car the "fiat spider" do you know how hard it is to wade through all the junk on ebay for fiat 124 parts now?

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
3/16/17 6:48 p.m.

In reply to ncjay:

Amen.

You may be onto something with the DST correlation though. I had to listen to someone whine today that they still hadn't adjusted to the time change and claimed it was almost as bad as jet lag. I'm sure it won't surprise anyone to learn that this person didn't even work the weekend, and slept through the damn time change anyway.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
3/16/17 7:15 p.m.

I did read that accident rates go up immediately following the time change. I can believe it.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
3/17/17 7:58 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: damnit.. why couldn't fiat have just called the new car the "fiat spider" do you know how hard it is to wade through all the junk on ebay for fiat 124 parts now?

It could be worse. Try searching for Honda Fit parts. You'll come up with all sorts of things that fit every kind of Honda.

lrrs
lrrs Reader
3/17/17 10:21 a.m.

Why do some (many in my case) co-workers feel the need to make others jobs harder ?

Example - I ask the construction manager for an update, they say use the schedule from last week, no changes, we will send you an updated schedule when there are changes. I update all my project sheets and sent them out to the teams with in a couple of hours of the original ask and get an immediate response from the construction manager that all my dates are wrong and they send me an email from 2 days earlier that was not originally sent to me with new dates. Not only that, but all the dates on the sheet are not in a date format, they are all separated with a ., 3.1.17 so that linking or copy and paste blows up all my calculations. When you ask them to use a proper date format in the future, they come back and ask what the date should look like. Really ?

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/17 12:38 p.m.

I just want six hours of uninterrupted sleep. I've worked the last 10 days straight, staying over three nights because of snow. I was looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and then digging out the house since I am off. Instead I will be going in for 7am because we may get more snow.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/17/17 11:24 p.m.

Last year at this time, I'd already taken the kids fishing and they caught fish.

This year, the weather is extending a huge middle finger.

There is more ranting to be done about other subjects, but if I could get some time on the water I'd probably get to a better place mentally and not give two E36 M3s about them.

Heck, having an actual E36 M3 to drive might do the same thing.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/18/17 12:43 p.m.

Some drunk dumbass decides to fall over right in front of me. Everyone else freaks out and trys to get him help. Help consists of much jiggling of the neck and a folding chair. Completely ruined WEEN's Homo Rainbow. The rest of the concert was good, however.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/18/17 4:18 p.m.

Geez shipping companies, maybe it's the car guy in me, but I expect something called "track package" to be faster.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
3/18/17 5:45 p.m.

If you need an old CRT for whatever reason avoid RCA, berkeleyer was leaking either mains or HV onto the antenna ground line. Good thing I was wearing shoes at the time and quickly figured out why it burned to lean on the metal railing next to me while wriggling the coax connector.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/18/17 7:30 p.m.

I think I got screwed by my own lack of due diligence on my miata. Time to get it on a frame rack and see if its actually as bent as i think it is. 2500 bucks.....

berkeleyityberkeleyberkeleyberkeley.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
3/18/17 8:36 p.m.

Started installing my Jass Performance low-profile headlights. They look cool, but man is the whole process...fiddly. And whoever designed it didn't understand the concept that two things cannot physically share the same space at the same time

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/18/17 10:03 p.m.

I hate sitting in a restaurant after we're done eating and the bill is paid. If there is an alcoholic beverage left, fine, take your time and finish it. But water? Nope that's free ok come on let's go better places to be.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/20/17 8:40 a.m.

everybody was in slow reverse yesterday. I do not mind (too much) if people at least manage the speed limit, but when everyone is 5 below it and accelerating SLOWLY from a stop... it makes me want to get out and walk

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/20/17 5:32 p.m.

All day I've had the E36 M3s and felt like I've been punched in the gut. Wondering if I undercooked the sausage in the pasta I had for dinner last night. I was planning to have it for dinner again tonight, but now debating tossing it instead out of an abundance of caution. I leave Thursday on a ski trip with my dad, so further illness right now would be most unwelcome.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/20/17 5:43 p.m.

Parts car offer got turned down. And the guy is horrible with communications. Hes at least willing to work out a deal on parts, but the "I'll get back to you " wont happen any time soon without me being that guy. If i didn't want the parts, id be looking elsewhere.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
3/20/17 6:24 p.m.
mtn wrote: I hate sitting in a restaurant after we're done eating and the bill is paid.

Not to mention the waitress and restaurant want to flip the table.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
3/21/17 7:20 a.m.

I miss the days of being able to pop a new game in and go. Last night, I had a brand-new Xbox One game that had to do a day one 42 gigabyte patch. Well, guess I'll wait a few hours while that downloads. It's only been 5 years of waiting to play this.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
3/21/17 7:28 a.m.

Got a call Sunday almost at midnight, a bud's wife went into labor at 27 weeks. I flew over there and watched hung out on their couch while their four girls slept, didn't want to sleep because they'd freak out if they woke up and I wasn't there to explain. I maybe dozed an hour.

The church has signed up to take shifts to cover the kids while Mom and Dad spend a lot of time in the hospital and Dad can still go to work sometimes.

Six weeks and counting... It's going to be a sleepy time ahead!

NickD
NickD SuperDork
3/21/17 7:34 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: The church has signed up to take E36 M3s to cover the kids...

I'm childish and laughed at this. I believe you meant "shifts"

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
3/21/17 8:18 a.m.
NickD wrote:
tuna55 wrote: The church has signed up to take E36 M3s to cover the kids...
I'm childish and laughed at this. I believe you meant "shifts"

HAHAHA! yes, shifts. 1 hour of sleep caught up with me today.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
3/21/17 8:42 a.m.

Berk You Microsoft!

Why did you have to take pivot tables and charts out of access?

I have to port information back into excel now to do a pretty basic thing.

ITS BULL!

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/21/17 8:58 a.m.
NickD wrote: I miss the days of being able to pop a new game in and go. Last night, I had a brand-new Xbox One game that had to do a day one 42 gigabyte patch. Well, guess I'll wait a few hours while that downloads. It's only been 5 years of waiting to play this.

I miss the days of having time to play video games (or at least being willing to prioritize them over other responsibilities).

Prioritizing as an adult definitely sucks at times, though at least yesterday afternoon's was one largely a win-win type. I have a growing backlog of shows that I need to catch up on- last week's Expanse & new Samurai Jack for example, plus all of Iron Fist that dropped Friday. Instead with it being around 60 out for once, I opted to work on the Riv and try and get the radiator hoses replaced.

Of course I didn't manage to complete that- that would have required GM making it remotely easy to get to the hose clamps that hold the hoses on. Instead they made them about as difficult as possible to reach- I was seriously at the point of debating testing whether or not the AC system had a charge or not and disconnecting it so I could just pull the radiator out completely (wouldn't be quite that easy, as the Riv has a transmission cooler as well) to get to the hose connection. May still do that for re-attaching it though if the AC doesn't have any refrigerant since removing the AC was a definite consideration for weight reduction.

Recon1342
Recon1342 New Reader
3/21/17 3:06 p.m.

So I get in to work yesterday, boss tells me- "there's a machinery guard that needs installed. Everything is over there."

So, off I go to install said guard. Slight problem- the fabricator clearly never measured anything because there's no way this thing will clear the gearbox mount. What does the boss say? "Just notch the motor mount." Oh yeah, because messing with structural steel is a great idea...

What a berkin' mess that was...

1 ... 607 608 609 610 611 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5HFYe8lj2ACU7ZZWoby6UrZ7WVswPenYtipfrwEbKRATXYJ17X8wfm7DD3cUks6w