1 ... 608 609 610 611 612 ... 1927
Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/21/17 3:31 p.m.

Been over a week since I registered for the Riviera performance forums- they require an admit to activate the account, and mine still isn't active. Had been hoping to solicit advice for parts from other vehicles to pull at the pull-a-thon this weekend, but I guess that's not happening (at least there).

Schrödinger's Flight Service
Schrödinger's Flight Service MegaDork
3/21/17 3:34 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun:

Is that like a support group for a Betty White Track and Field competition?

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/21/17 4:03 p.m.

So you see those stickers on large trucks that say "Passing Side" on the left, and "Suicide" on the right?

The van tooling along all by himself in the left lane below the speed limit had them on his van.

So I had to go to the suicide side.

Duh- if you want me to pass on the left, you can drive in the left lane.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/23/17 10:46 a.m.

Oh yes, worthless prick of an uncle of mine. Your sympathy from your new house on your third vacation in 6 months REALLY helps fix my falling apart house and screaming child I never had time to financially prepare for. Oh there's nothing you can do? YOU GOT THE WHOLE FAMILY berkeleyING TRUST. You CAN fix it, but you're to berkeleying greedy and too much of a snake to actually do what's right. I sincerely hope one of your kids gets the disease my father, your berkeleying brother, had. Maybe when you have to deal with dialysis clinics, hospitals, and giving everything up to cover healthcare and nursing homes you'll understand why the next time I see you I'm ripping your finger nails off. Miserable scumberkeley, don't ever berkeleying call me again.

Ashyukun
3/23/17 11:08 a.m.

As I expected, at my appointment on Monday the doctor ("physician's assistant", technically...) ordered a round of blood tests. Which was what I expected- they have to do them periodically and (unlike SWMBO) I'm very easy to draw blood from, so I generally don't care beyond the time it takes. After he punched in the order for the in-house lab he noted that I needed to go first thing in the morning. So I asked, "They open at 8am, right?" "Yes," he says.

Get up early this morning and drive down to the hospital to be there when they open at 8am so I can make the 9am meeting I have. Get to the lab door- and the sign says that they don't open until 8:30. It clearly used to be 8:00 since they had just performed some surgery on the first zero to make it look like a three- but regardless, I had to decide whether to sit and wait for 30 minutes and risk being late to my meeting or go in to work and come back tomorrow at the right time.

I opted to wait, and managed to still get back in time for my meeting, figuring it was better to lose the 30 minutes than have wasted the gas and time AND have to do it again tomorrow. All of which could have been avoided if the PA would have told me the right time. I swear, SWMBO and I really need to try and get in at the small family practice right around the corner- she already refuses to see this particular PA and we've on a number of occasions gotten frustrated with the staff.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/23/17 11:17 a.m.

I popped the bald tire on the back of the miata. And have nothing on hand to put in its place. And its perfect convertible weather for the next few days.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/17 11:32 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

Put Miata on jackstands, toss wheels into another available vehicle, head to tire store to have new tires purchased and installed, return to Miata, install and go for a drive.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/23/17 11:39 a.m.

I'm a cheap bastard. I ordered the cheapest set of tires I could find for it since I'm not sure the 14th are staying. They won't be here till Monday. Damn it.

Ashyukun
3/23/17 11:50 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote:
Appleseed wrote: Today ended like it started: total berkeleying dumpster fire.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Glad I'm not the only one today.

I'm hoping mine gets better or at least doesn't get worse... there's some potential for some definite fireworks at work depending on a few things. I really wish I could find another job...

pheller
pheller PowerDork
3/23/17 5:27 p.m.
  • 1) If you're going to buy my truck to flip it, just tell me so. I'm asking what I am because A) I know a lot more about it than you do and B) it's a heap oh and C) I want it out of my hair

• 2) Don't flag my Craigslist posting because you want to hide the fact that you bought it for cheap. I like broadcasting what I sold my stuff for so that it helps cool the market. When people don't know what they should be paying, they pay too much.

• 3) When you flip said truck for $1500 more than what you paid for it, don't lie to me about it and not return my license plate. I know, you don't want to get a new plate because that would put it in your name long enough for the state to get curious about your off-the-books dealership. A temp tag might also tip off potential buyers that you haven't owned the vehicle very long.

• 4) Don't make me feel bad by telling me the truck you bought from me broke down and that's what you can't return my plate.

• 5) Don't get mad when I flag your post.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/24/17 7:08 a.m.

I have enough rage in me this morning to flip over a car.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/24/17 8:49 a.m.

Mandatory meeting all day, 2 hours from home, in downtown charlotte. That lets out at the height of rush hour. After a brutal week and lots of overtime (that doesn't benefit me due to being salary). And they expect me to be happy about it. At least we get free crappy sandwiches.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
3/24/17 1:38 p.m.

Dear GM, could you engineer the valvetrain in the '14+ trucks to actually hold up past 20k miles? That'd be swell. Thanks.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/24/17 2:13 p.m.

I desperately want a financial news site done GRM style.

Bloomberg lacks prospective and commentary and Yahoo Finance lacks balance and objectivity….no personality or bad personality; pick one.

GRM overlords, do you realize that you have the absolute nicest site in the known universe…are you aware of the fortune you could make showing others how to do it right?

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/17 2:19 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: I'm a cheap bastard. I ordered the cheapest set of tires I could find for it since I'm not sure the 14th are staying. They won't be here till Monday. Damn it.

Then you've consciously made decisions to put yourself in this situation. I wish you luck, but I have little sympathy since a cheap set of tires from Costco or another local tire shop would likely only cost a few bucks more and get you on the road faster.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/17 3:00 p.m.
RX Reven' wrote: I desperately want a financial news site done GRM style. Bloomberg lacks prospective and commentary and Yahoo Finance lacks balance and objectivity….no personality or bad personality; pick one. GRM overlords, do you realize that you have the absolute nicest site in the known universe…are you aware of the fortune you could make showing others how to do it right?

Grassroots Financesports? That's an oxymoron, like Grassroots Spacecraftsports

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/17 8:21 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
RX Reven' wrote: I desperately want a financial news site done GRM style. Bloomberg lacks prospective and commentary and Yahoo Finance lacks balance and objectivity….no personality or bad personality; pick one. GRM overlords, do you realize that you have the absolute nicest site in the known universe…are you aware of the fortune you could make showing others how to do it right?
Grassroots Financesports? That's an oxymoron, like Grassroots Spacecraftsports

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/24/17 9:30 p.m.
Stefan wrote: In reply to Dusterbd13: Put Miata on jackstands, toss wheels into another available vehicle, head to tire store to have new tires purchased and installed, return to Miata, install and go for a drive.

I essentially rented a used tire last night from my friend at the tire shop. Im going to enjoy this weather.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
3/24/17 9:59 p.m.
Stefan wrote: a cheap set of tires from Costco

The least expensive tires Costco sells are significantly more expensive than cheap tires elsewhere.

Obligatory rant:
Local honda kid (He AXes, he's not that bad) has been raving about how the Honda Fit he just bought has been a dream of his since they came out.
FFS, dream bigger than a damn Honda Fit.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
3/25/17 7:17 a.m.
SnowMongoose wrote:
The least expensive tires Costco sells are significantly more expensive than cheap tires elsewhere. Obligatory rant: Local honda kid (He AXes, he's not that bad) has been raving about how the Honda Fit he just bought has been a dream of his since they came out. FFS, dream bigger than a damn Honda Fit.

Like I said in the "It's Slow, It's Stock and I Don't Want To Race" thread, there was a kid at my work whose dream car was a base model Cobalt. Not a Cobalt SS, just a regular Cobalt. Really?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/25/17 8:23 a.m.

berkeleying craigslist people. Need i say more?

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
3/25/17 9:17 a.m.

Who only has one set of wheels for a Miata? I'm feeling twitchy right now only having two sets. Just for giggles last month I bought back a set I'd sold last year but then sold them again two weeks ago for a $50 profit. My eyes are always open for 4x100 and cheap.

My rant (obligatory) is that a friend of mine has something like 10-12 sets and I can't hope to match him.

dropstep
dropstep Dork
3/25/17 9:29 a.m.

Sold one of my home toolboxes last year too make space in my garage, now i need more space for tools again!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/25/17 9:37 a.m.
NickD wrote:
SnowMongoose wrote:
The least expensive tires Costco sells are significantly more expensive than cheap tires elsewhere. Obligatory rant: Local honda kid (He AXes, he's not that bad) has been raving about how the Honda Fit he just bought has been a dream of his since they came out. FFS, dream bigger than a damn Honda Fit.
Like I said in the "It's Slow, It's Stock and I Don't Want To Race" thread, there was a kid at my work whose dream car was a base model Cobalt. Not a Cobalt SS, just a regular Cobalt. Really?

Let's be fair: have you seen the weird E36 M3 we like?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
3/25/17 9:50 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Let's be fair: have you seen the weird E36 M3 we like?

Emphasis on weird, this kid's dream car isn't that far from beige accord territory.

Obligatory rant:
Finally got my laptop back from Costco concierge service, it now takes up to 15 minutes to connect to my home wifi in the morning.
So, my ass gets to jump through their hoops again, all in hopes of getting my money back like I wanted at the beginning.
If I didn't work for the company I could have complained my way into a refund back in October when I started the process, bah.

1 ... 608 609 610 611 612 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vrN62IeNkvFAmlIsx1vd6EXKs9FdC0NdJzabPgFVjUANzxoRzBRfVjBeqVq4eit1