1 ... 653 654 655 656 657 ... 1926
Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/12/17 12:33 p.m.
RevRico wrote: In reply to Mike: Android phone(lg g5) and tablet(Samsung tab 7 2), chrome browser. It seems blocking websites in chrome mobile is a thing of the past. I haven't been able top find anything about the "suggested sites" other than its based off where you visit, which looking at my suggested sites, is entirely false. I like the feature, I despise the way it's implemented.

So, if I'm thinking of the right feature, go into Chrome on the device, then Preferences, then Sync settings, and turn off the history sync, because berkeley that.

You can't turn it off directly, you have to adjust the privacy settings such that it cannot be on.

thestig99
thestig99 HalfDork
7/12/17 7:41 p.m.

BERK recurring dreams.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
7/12/17 7:45 p.m.

Friggin' stupid search engines. What the berk? I type in wrench, you show me a tool box. I type in welder, you show me an air conditioner. I type in Ferrari, you show me a Pinto. I type in Charlotte, you show me Tampa. I don't know who's in charge of this crap, but you can kiss my butt.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/17 9:17 p.m.
ncjay wrote: Friggin' stupid search engines. What the berk? I type in wrench, you show me a tool box. I type in welder, you show me an air conditioner. I type in Ferrari, you show me a Pinto. I type in Charlotte, you show me Tampa. I don't know who's in charge of this crap, but you can kiss my butt.

I want to know who decided to berk up google news. Used to be the searchbar would be a regular google search bar, now it ONLY searches news. So as news.google is my home page, I now have to go to google itself to do any searches.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
7/12/17 9:34 p.m.
thestig99 wrote: BERK recurring dreams.

I miss some of my more fun recurring dreams.

Like the one where I was inline skating down I-75 from Cincinnati to Atlanta, I would grab unto the back of Semi trucks and use them as a slingshot carving in and out of traffic. I would realize it was a dream crossing the bridge into Kentucky and would try to make it farther than I did in the previous dreams without wiping out and causing a massive multi car pileup. Sometimes when I wiped out I would restart in Ohio, other times I would wake up. It always felt so real. I guess it's because I was aware I was dreaming.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
7/12/17 9:39 p.m.
thestig99 wrote: BERK recurring dreams.

I've had recurring dreams all my life, but once I wake up and realize I've had the dream before, it goes away.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
7/13/17 1:44 a.m.

Because I'm a pathetic idiot, tried again on the Overwatch tonight.
The fact that going 3-12 is a great improvement indicates that I need to cut my losses and stop playing.
He says as if sucking at his hobbies is a new development.

yay

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 HalfDork
7/13/17 11:44 a.m.

In reply to SnowMongoose:

Pretty sure that's normal picking up something newish, or re-picking it up. I used to be quite good in the halo/halo 2 days. Went back and tried to play some newer PC FPS games and couldn't hit anything for some reason. Played campaign for a bit to try to recover the feel, and had to turn the difficulty way down to be able to get anywhere. Even managed to get halo running again, and Legendary kicked my ass.

Also, holy crap graphics have come a long way.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/13/17 12:05 p.m.

Ugh. I griped a bit about the 9-hour days that the 9/80 work week requires, but I am REALLY looking forward to having tomorrow off. I had hoped that with the show done I'd be able to get more sleep and things not related to SWMBO's non-profit done... but, alas, not yet.

About a week ago out of the blue SWMBO asks me, "So, do you have any idea who/what 'Buzzfeed' is?" Me, "Um, yes... they're one of the more well-known internet, well I guess it's safe to say 'news' sites. Why?" Her: "Because someone from there contacted me about doing a story on our show." Me:

Long story short (too late!) they had wanted to send someone out to actually attend the show and record footage and interviews, but realized that the show was too close to when they'd found out about it to do so and decided that they'd do the interview remotely after the show and have us send them B-roll footage for the interview. And of course, by 'us' it means 'me' since I'm the only one who can work with the footage. So instead of having nearly 2 months to process, sync, and edit the footage for the DVDs we do I had to try and throw things together in a few days to be able to send them a few minutes' worth of clips from the show. Which meant my staying up at least an hour longer than ideal the last few nights while still having to be up early to get to work. And this morning I ended up running about half an hour late to work because I had to wait to make sure all of the files uploaded properly to Google Drive (yeah, getting them ~2.5GB of video took some time to upload...)

I hope that one HELL of a piece comes out of this and it gets lots of publicity for SWMBO's non-profit and brings in lots more money- so we can buy some real photo/video gear.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
7/13/17 2:26 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: Because I'm a pathetic idiot, tried again on the Overwatch tonight. The fact that going 3-12 is a great improvement indicates that I need to cut my losses and stop playing. He says as if sucking at his hobbies is a new development. #yay

Is it you or the rest of your team? Because a lot of people on Quick Play are apes. You can play absolutely out of your mind, but if your team has no healers or no tank or Hanzo and Widowmaker on attack (They always travel together, those two), then you're going to lose. Also, who are you playing, because there are some really weak characters at the moment (cough Roadhog cough)

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/17 2:36 p.m.

I'm an idiot. I ordered a new "Action" Camera before my recent Track Night and it didn't show up, USPS tracking was wonky, etc.

Turns out, even though I'd looked at the ordering details, etc. several times before and since I didn't catch that I had sent it to a previous work address. Sigh....

I guess I can try to drive down there and ask if the mail room could locate it for me :/

I'm just really, really annoyed with myself right now.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/13/17 2:50 p.m.
Stefan wrote: I'm an idiot. I ordered a new "Action" Camera before my recent Track Night and it didn't show up, USPS tracking was wonky, etc. Turns out, even though I'd looked at the ordering details, etc. several times before and since I didn't catch that I had sent it to a previous work address. Sigh.... I guess I can try to drive down there and ask if the mail room could locate it for me :/ I'm just really, really annoyed with myself right now.

I did that before. Right after I bought my first miata in California, bought a clutch and flywheel from eBay with free shipping. It got shipped to my parents house in PA, and cost me a extra $70 to have shipped to me. I had completely forgotten about my eBay address when I changed things.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/17 3:59 p.m.

In reply to RevRico:

Glad I'm not the only one to have done something like that.

The USPS just told me the package was rejected and was sent back to the vendor.

Hopefully I can get them to send it back to me at the proper address.

If not, I'll get a refund and chalk this up as a learning experience.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
7/13/17 7:49 p.m.

Stopped at advance auto so my friend could price some parts for his omni, 2 guys in a cutlass asked what year my malibu wagon was. Why does everyone think its a g body.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/13/17 8:06 p.m.

Two migraine days in a row, along with 2 12 hour work days anx still behind. Seriously thinking about skipping the autocross this weekend, but dont want to let the challenge team down and need the stress relief.

This blows goats.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/13/17 8:20 p.m.

My bike has been down for two months because I got a hair up my ass to modify it. Who blows apart a running bike during prime riding season?

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/14/17 7:35 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: My bike has been down for two months because I got a hair up my ass to modify it. Who blows apart a running bike during prime riding season?

That usually seems to happen to me. :/

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/17 7:39 a.m.

In reply to Stefan:

I did that a couple times after moving to my new place last year. Fortunately, the old address was right up the road and my old roommate was still living there at the time. E36 M3 happens man.

My rant: I need a new job (and am now actively working on that)

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
7/14/17 9:23 a.m.
NickD wrote:
SnowMongoose wrote: Because I'm a pathetic idiot, tried again on the Overwatch tonight. The fact that going 3-12 is a great improvement indicates that I need to cut my losses and stop playing. He says as if sucking at his hobbies is a new development. #yay
Is it you or the rest of your team? Because a lot of people on Quick Play are apes. You can play absolutely out of your mind, but if your team has no healers or no tank or Hanzo *and* Widowmaker on attack (They always travel together, those two), then you're going to lose. Also, who are you playing, because there are some really weak characters at the moment (*cough* Roadhog *cough*)

Junk or Pharah, Lucio if the team needs the heals.
As for the ape factor, I have trouble wrapping my head around them always being on my team.
Sociopathic team-blocking Mei? Widow player attempting 360 trick shots? Mercy who focuses entirely on their friend?
You'd think even with matchmaking (and I use the term loosely) being pretty random I'd be on the less ape-infested team somewhere around half the time, right?

Obligatory rant: roommate moved out, trash pickup was in his name, talked to the trash folks to transfer the account to me, they appear to have misunderstood aaaaand took the collection bin with them last time they collected it.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
7/14/17 9:39 a.m.

I'm very nervous about these newfangled office spaces they are trying to push on us. Ones were you have a very small desk, and it's based on when you arrive to the office. And no walls. The area so noisy that they are forced to pipe in white noise so that you don't hear every single conversation that is going on.

How in the world is that going to make me more productive? It's going to drive me totally insane.

I managed to survive in a cube farm- but at least those walls were high enough to attenuate the noise. Now I'm in a real office room that is practically heaven. Only to have all of that taken away from me in the interest of some kind of new concept that I still haven't heard is any good.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
7/14/17 9:51 a.m.
SnowMongoose wrote:
NickD wrote:
Is it you or the rest of your team? Because a lot of people on Quick Play are apes. You can play absolutely out of your mind, but if your team has no healers or no tank or Hanzo *and* Widowmaker on attack (They always travel together, those two), then you're going to lose. Also, who are you playing, because there are some really weak characters at the moment (*cough* Roadhog *cough*)
Junk or Pharah, Lucio if the team needs the heals. As for the ape factor, I have trouble wrapping my head around them *always* being on my team. Sociopathic team-blocking Mei? Widow player attempting 360 trick shots? Mercy who focuses entirely on their friend? You'd think even with matchmaking (and I use the term loosely) being pretty random I'd be on the less ape-infested team somewhere around half the time, right?

Yeah, not sure how that works. Seems like any time there's a Hanzo on my team they can't hit the broad side of a barn. Meanwhile the opposing Hanzo is apparently played by Chris Kyle and gets me with a headshot through a 6" wide gap in a building from 43 miles away

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/17 10:00 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: I'm very nervous about these newfangled office spaces they are trying to push on us. Ones were you have a very small desk, and it's based on when you arrive to the office. And no walls. The area so noisy that they are forced to pipe in white noise so that you don't hear every single conversation that is going on. How in the world is that going to make me more productive? It's going to drive me totally insane. I managed to survive in a cube farm- but at least those walls were high enough to attenuate the noise. Now I'm in a real office room that is practically heaven. Only to have all of that taken away from me in the interest of some kind of new concept that I still haven't heard is any good.

Ah, the infamous open-plan office with hotdesking. Most people hate it, but it does save on real estate and furniture costs, which means bigger megayachts stocked with more cocaine and hookers for the executives.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
7/14/17 10:38 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

Yeah, open floorplans suck. But they sure do look modern and shiny!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
7/14/17 11:10 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH: I'd guess that it isn't a savings since the old space and furniture was already there. I see stupid changes being made as a way for someone in the chain of command to have a new bullet point for their resume'. Then, after a few years of the stupid "open space" someone else can institute "semi-private" space and everyone can go back to their cubicles. The new exec gets a new resume' point which insists their way improved productivity and the cycle repeats itself.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/14/17 11:33 a.m.

Whether open plan offices work or not depends entirely on the type of work being performed. Not a big fan of hoteling desk space, though, unless you have a lot of people who are routinely in the field.

1 ... 653 654 655 656 657 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kAgpMjmzBHKO9Ha2VCq00rp6euPTSzk4Rh4uNerFlI7VjNxaDD3HutuoF7Zq33nh