1 ... 668 669 670 671 672 ... 1926
Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/18/17 11:30 a.m.
Karacticus wrote: After having transitioned my home and auto insurance from one carrier to another in mid-July, effect August 1st, with plenty of notice given my old carrier, I now have to talk personally to my agent before he will cancel the policies!

Just say, "This is exactly the kind of bullE36 M3 that caused me to look elsewhere. You can keep covering me as long as you like but I will not pay a cent after midnight 7/31/2017."

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/18/17 11:40 a.m.

In reply to Chadeux:

The comments sections of almost any place not strictly moderated tend to be worse than Mos Eisley, and it only seems to be getting worse.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/18/17 11:45 a.m.

How much drama can one family make from the sale of a collectively owned vacation home? Stay tuned to find out!

Also, going on vacation with the in-laws (to this house that is getting sold--so probably the last time?) My BIL is living in his own little world. Look dude, nobody wants your opinion. You've been laid off from your last 3 jobs, the longest you've held a position is 2 years, you're 31 and you live with your parents--all the while not doing a goddamn thing around the house.

Stop talking like you're an expert in the world of finances and politics and real estate and everything else. Maybe start talking about your resume. That might help you get a job. And based on your political leanings, this is preemptive: If I hear you talk about Mexicans one time, I'm going to throw a bucket of water on your head. I've worked with more Mexicans than you've ever known. All of them--every single one of them--work way harder than you, and nothing is beneath them--nothing should be beneath you, but whatever.

Oh, and while we're at it: I've had significantly more experience with boats, with Lake Michigan, and with trailering boats than you have. Do not give me advice. Especially seeing as you've never done so much as hold the line when launching it--whereas in the past year, I have replaced the batteries on both of these boats, repacked the bearings on the trailers, changed the lower unit oil on the one.... Just don't tell me what to do. At all. Unless you're telling me there is a log in the water and I'm on course to hit it, just shut it.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/18/17 7:50 p.m.

I am really growing tired of babysitting my aging boss and working 50+ hour weeks for no extra bucks. Performance bonus is not based on my performance, but rather his, amd he is not motivated to make the goal since my bonus money comes out of his pocket. Sick of this game. Thinking of just taking next week off. I've only taken 4 days off this year so far.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/17 8:45 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: Hey Rock Auto...5%? really? that's your idea of a loyalty discount? That's just insulting, I KNOW what you charge just for shipping.

I just bought a bunch of parts from Rock Auto because it was cheaper, even with shipping, than our cost would have been from any of our parts suppliers, and I can buy from them without any markup at all.

Buying from Rock Auto = cheaper than retail can buy from our own suppliers even with shipping factored in. I can buy parts at jobber cost from NAPA, WorldPac, O'Reilly's, any dealership network I care to think of, hell even probably Autozone but berk Autozone because one of their salesmen tried to burn me a few years ago and I can hold a grudge with a deathgrip.

Chew on that.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
8/18/17 9:21 p.m.

So apparently my 20 year high school reunion is this fall. I have no intention of going. I hated that place like you can only imagine. But curiosity got the better of me and I got to browsing around on the reunion Facebook page. It's like looking at someone else's school. I don't recognize anyone. Some of the names sound a little familiar but not a single person that is recognizable in the least. Even in the yearbook pictures that have been posted.

At this point I'm not even sure I actually went to that school.

I wonder if my memories are really mine or my mind just created them after some traumatic experience.

I think I need a beer.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/17 9:32 p.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: I wonder if my memories are really mine or my mind just created them after some traumatic experience.

Yeah, sounds like high school.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/17 9:41 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: I wonder if my memories are really mine or my mind just created them after some traumatic experience.
Yeah, sounds like high school.

Yep. Sounds about right.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
8/18/17 9:45 p.m.

In reply to Nick (Bo) Comstock:

+10 years.

It's a good thing that I married my wife the year of my 10th reunion. It means that every significant reunion is the same year as a significant anniversary. Sorry- gotta spend vacation time with my wife.

It's funny that in my home town, my wife has more friends (she worked there 2 years before we met here) than I do. Have no reason to contact anyone from HS.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/17 9:08 a.m.

In reply to Nick (Bo) Comstock:

Anyone that I wanted to keep in contact with after HS, I did. All 4 of them.

The rest of them weren't worth the effort. I'm sure they have fond memories of me as well.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/17 10:00 a.m.

I had close to 400 kids in HS graduating class. I think I kept in touch with 1

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
8/19/17 10:02 a.m.

Wife started a new job that has her working 10:30pm-10:30am. Its weird trying to sleep alone, on top of my normal insomnia problems, i now wake up a few times a night because she isnt in bed and i think shes having chrones relates issues.(thats usually the only reason shes out of bed past midnight). Weird first week.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
8/19/17 10:15 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: I had close to 400 kids in HS graduating class. I think I kept in touch with 1

I think we were close to 600.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/19/17 11:36 a.m.

Toen i grew up in regularly had graduation classes in the single digits. The high school i graduated from after moving had 500+. I kept up with 4 or 5 people from there. 3 of wich i still hang out with on a regular basis.1 i married. Im not going to any more reunions. The people i want to see from there are already at sunday dinner.

Rant: they had a play corn pit at the fair today. I am finding pieces of it EVERYWHERE.

EvanR
EvanR SuperDork
8/19/17 5:22 p.m.

I had an incident of age discrimination today.

I was eating in a restaurant and this kid started screaming at the top of his lungs, like he was simultaneously being beaten and raped.

Nobody did anything.

So I started screaming at the top of my lungs.

The restaurant staff informed me that I would either have to stop, or I would be asked to leave the restaurant.

I believe this is age discrimination.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
8/20/17 12:57 p.m.

All the turbo-y goodness decided to start leaking out of my car today, hoping that's an easy fix.

Also, I'm not sure what annoys me more, the fact that one guy who relieves me is always late...or that I have to suffer through a bullE36 M3 excuse every berkin' time.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/17 1:06 p.m.

I have spent several hours this morning going through the SanFord thread. I'm downloading all the images, in the correct order, so I can repopulate them from Smugmug. Thanks Photobucket.

I did learn something. I apparently take way too many pictures.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/20/17 2:00 p.m.

I love unicorns. I just found a vehicle that has a place in my desktop wallpaper rotation, a 2010 Porsche Cayman S Transsyberia. Not only that, it's one of the very few with the super loud black and orange paint, and the Hella lightbar that precluded a sunroof. The S Transsyberia combined the higher output V8 from the GTS with none of the street focus. It's like an off-road focused GTS. Most deleted the graphics and the lightbar, so they just look like a standard S with alcantara. I want this one, in all its halloween-colored glory. Theoretically, I can afford this. It would, considering where I am in life, preclude too much, such as an actual car. It'd have to be my only ride, and I've been stuck in an automatic SUV before.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
8/20/17 3:59 p.m.

I had a deal on a car I have had my eye on for a while. I moved a TON of cash out of an account to pay for it and now I no longer have the same deal now that I am ready to pay for it. Price has gone up, well that is fine with me I am going to walk away.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/20/17 4:19 p.m.

No Prowler?

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi PowerDork
8/20/17 5:59 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I had close to 400 kids in HS graduating class. I think I kept in touch with 1

I graduated with 17 others, I've not seen any of them since that day.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
8/20/17 8:23 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

Yes prowler, money should transfer tomorrow on that, no 911 though and there was some cash to be made in that.

Business has been good, like really good lately so stocked by up on some of the cheaper things that have popped up for later sales or builds. Even found some 5.3/6.0 ls motors for sale that I would like to pickup as well this week.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
8/20/17 8:29 p.m.

Heel?!?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/20/17 8:58 p.m.

Cloud cover for the eclipse tomorrow.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/21/17 7:39 a.m.

It being cloudy for the eclipse today would just be the icing on the cake for a very up-and-down few days. Hopefully it will be clear this afternoon...

1 ... 668 669 670 671 672 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OZAfu9uSIE3QUKWXKiSp9VsvSAEDfHENQrHDepaSgRKWDEZlwwyYwd22A3kNIJRL