1 ... 680 681 682 683 684 ... 1926
Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/11/17 7:43 p.m.

In reply to Nick (Bo) Comstock :

A burger is not a sandwich.  Neither is a hotdog in case that's your next rant. 

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
9/11/17 7:48 p.m.

In reply to Wall-e :

Anything that has bread on the bottom, stuff in the middle and bread on the top is a sandwich. Hot, cold, beef, chicken, ham... Damnit, now I'm hungry.

Thanks Wally frown

SaltyDog
SaltyDog New Reader
9/11/17 7:49 p.m.

In reply to oldopelguy :

Hopefully the care is better!

Hang in there!

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/11/17 7:50 p.m.

Nick would prolly flip out over a Primanti Bros. sandwich. 

Wall-e
9/11/17 7:52 p.m.

Apparently being off today is worse than going into work.  I should have known.  After a few years away the nightmares of utter helplessness started coming back about a week ago and I keep waking up to the stench of slow roasting death.  Today was a beautiful day to go outside and get something done.  Instead like an idiot I turned on the TV to watch the memorial service and then History Channel like The Wife asked me not to. Even my dog knew I was off and being the good boy he is, kept bringing me toys to cheer me up.  Thankfully if the pattern is right I should be good in a few days. 

Nick (Bo) Comstock
9/11/17 7:55 p.m.
fasted58 said:

Nick would prolly flip out over a Primanti Bros. sandwich. 

Looks like meat on the bottom to me.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog New Reader
9/11/17 7:56 p.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock said:
Adrift said:
Nick (Bo) Comstock said:

The next time someone makes me any kind of sandwich with any kind meat on it and put anything whatsoever between the bottom layer of bread and said meat I'm going to slap them in the face with it.

Sandwiches are meant to go

• Top bread
  • Whatever the berkeley else you want on it
  • Meat
  • Bottom bread 

Period end of story. If you are doing it any other way you are doing it wrong. 

Flip it over, then eat.

This particular instance was a burger. A burger that has definitive top and bottom buns. This one had the majority of the stuff in the correct position except for a piece of cheese. That one infuriated me.

If you happen to watch any of the cooking show, (I do) a lot of places will put the lettuce or cheese on the bottom bun, under the burger. They do this to keep the bottom bun from getting soaked from the juices and falling apart.

If you'd like to come over this endweek, we're having an outcook. Burgerhams and doghots.devilyes

Wall-e
9/11/17 7:57 p.m.

You should have something to eat.  Maybe a nice sandwich.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
9/11/17 8:02 p.m.

The bun is supposed to get soaked with grease. That's what makes them so good.

I don't know what that thing is that Wally posted but if you flip it over it looks like it would be pretty good.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/11/17 8:05 p.m.

I thought i was done with rants.

Im not.

Y'all have made me very hungry for a very meaty, greasy, need a shower afterwards philly cheese steak. But you can't get a good one anywhere within 50 miles of here.

Dammit.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/11/17 8:05 p.m.
SaltyDog said:If you happen to watch any of the cooking show, (I do) a lot of places will put the lettuce or cheese on the bottom bun, under the burger. They do this to keep the bottom bun from getting soaked from the juices and falling apart.

I take this as evidence that just because you got on TV doesn't mean you know what you are doing.

If the bottom bun isn't soaked through with meat-effluence, you have failed and failed utterly.  Don't pass go, don't collect $200, just go directly to failtown, population: YOU

There's flavor in them thar juices.  The bottom bun is also the first part of a bite to touch the tongue, where the taste buds are.   A juicy oozy bun is critical to the flavor experience of a good heart-attack burger.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog New Reader
9/11/17 8:08 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

HEY!

You're supposed to be taking better care of yourself! Remember??

If I have to start eating healthy, everybody else should too!

SaltyDog
SaltyDog New Reader
9/11/17 8:11 p.m.

I guess you could always take the unsoaked, unfalling apart bun to soak up all of those delicious juices.....smiley

Wall-e
9/11/17 8:12 p.m.

That is a pastrami sandwich from Katz Deli with a nice layer of mustard on both pieces of bread.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
9/11/17 8:15 p.m.

I have to agree with nick. Meat should be directly on the bottom bun.

Todays very minor rant is cops chasing a warrant jumper down the alley next to my house. I thought they were going to run over my kids.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/11/17 8:18 p.m.
SaltyDog said:

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

HEY!

You're supposed to be taking better care of yourself! Remember??

If I have to start eating healthy, everybody else should too!

I have been trying. But this thread has made me realize that everything in moderation is a good idea. I ain't had anything fried since ladt week. That sucks more than caffeine withdrawal....

And a philly cheese steak is healthy! It has multiple food groups. Meat, cheese, bread, vegetables....

SaltyDog
SaltyDog New Reader
9/11/17 8:24 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

I hear you Brother.

I'm trying to be good, to stay off blood pressure meds and not have to take anymore cholesterol meds.

Eating a lot of grilled chicken and vegetables. No salt, no butter, no fun!

Trying to stay out of the ER! According to you and oldopelguy, they're not much fun!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/11/17 10:15 p.m.

I got hit by a guy who's cut rate "insurance" with abysmal reviews online. This will not end well.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/17 12:00 a.m.

my lead, a many who flirts with a lifetime ban from driving and likes to do 100 in a 50 zone recently got into an accident that he kinda of caused, but he will never learn from it.

He drives a couple year old C-class with all the bells and whistles. Because it is a MB he feels it can do 100 in a 50 and that he can (and does) weave in and out of traffic like it is spec piñata. Yesterday he got rear ended by a kid who was trying to keep up with him. He got hard on the brakes to avoid hitting somebody and the kid's car couldn't outbrake the C-class. It does not look bad with just a broken plastic bumper, but the headrests went off and everything below the car is buckled.

sadly though, he doesn't see where his actions  led to this result

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
9/12/17 12:25 a.m.
Knurled said:
SaltyDog said:If you happen to watch any of the cooking show, (I do) a lot of places will put the lettuce or cheese on the bottom bun, under the burger. They do this to keep the bottom bun from getting soaked from the juices and falling apart.

I take this as evidence that just because you got on TV doesn't mean you know what you are doing.

If the bottom bun isn't soaked through with meat-effluence, you have failed and failed utterly.  Don't pass go, don't collect $200, just go directly to failtown, population: YOU

There's flavor in them thar juices.  The bottom bun is also the first part of a bite to touch the tongue, where the taste buds are.   A juicy oozy bun is critical to the flavor experience of a good heart-attack burger.

My preferred heart attack method is to lightly toast/fry the buns in the burger grease left in the pan.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/12/17 6:28 a.m.

Good think I had breakfast, so that I can rant- why do people park in front of mail boxes?

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/12/17 7:07 a.m.
mad_machine said:

He drives a couple year old C-class with all the bells and whistles. Because it is a MB he feels it can do 100 in a 50 and that he can (and does) weave in and out of traffic like it is spec piñata.

This is probably one of the funniest (presumably) autocorrect mistakes I've seen in a while...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/12/17 7:25 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun :

It a nickname for Spec Miata. It was done on purpose.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/12/17 7:38 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Ah, OK. I figured with the previous typo (many instead of man) that it was an autocorrect flaw. Still amusing though. :)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/12/17 7:45 a.m.

It's a pretty accurate description.

1 ... 680 681 682 683 684 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9dZUvCGdphbe4Ch8sxtz87ynFniYeMdluWhjKT0ajGjazEhxGEss2of8dAWdJPIu