1 ... 681 682 683 684 685 ... 1927
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/12/17 1:57 p.m.

Doctor's office, I would like to offer you my sincerest berkeley you today. When I scheduled my initial visit to your office, I did my research and chose a specific doctor that I wanted to see based on the reviews and feedback that I found online. I called to schedule my appointment and my day & time were confirmed. When I arrived at your office two weeks later I was told that there was no appointment on the books for me, but as a consolation prize I could see another doctor who was available. Since it takes weeks to get seen I consented to seeing this other doc, and was thoroughly unimpressed for many reasons that I will not go in to. When I came in today to pay the part of my bill that you neglected to charge me for when I was in previously, I requested to schedule my follow up visit with the original doctor, and I am now being told that they have to get authorization from the doctor I actually saw before I can "switch". 

wae
wae Dork
9/12/17 6:05 p.m.

Chrysler, why the heck did you use a friggin torx bolt as one of the three bolts that holds the engine bracket to the block?  Every other bolt is a regular hex head.  That one could have been too.

Bill, why didn't you remember that the last time you screwed with this you ran into the same problem of not having a torx bit at the junkyard with you?

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
9/12/17 6:22 p.m.

Just how many berkleying spots welds does a radiator support really need to be bonded to the unibody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/12/17 7:28 p.m.

I very much appreciate  the fund raisers for the two hurricanes, and that they will likely cover all but one island in support too.

But what about Cuba?  We may not like their government, but the people there are suffering too.  Cuba had the most hours of being hit by Irma, especially at Cat 5 and 4.  Not many people are talking about them. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/17 7:45 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

I have seen next to nothing on damage in Cuba. I assume they are hurting, but it's like they fell into the same black hole NK did for news coming out

oldsaw
oldsaw UltimaDork
9/12/17 7:50 p.m.

Another berkeleying 10mm disappears and the idiot responsible is too damn close for comfort.

So, I'm pulling the wiper motor Sunday and having trouble engaging the bottom bolt with a 10mm socket and the 4" extension it was attached to. Naturally, fumbling fingers lead to a gravity induced escape into the nether regions of a Sonoma's guts. There were only a couple of death rattles until the final thunk and it wasn't the kind you hear when metal hits driveway asphalt. Strong flashlights and an over/under inspection reveal - nothing.

Somewhere, comfortably nestled in a nook close to Mr. Bell Housing, there is a new owner-installed option.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
9/12/17 8:04 p.m.

My wife wouldnt let me tell my son to clothesline the kid on the other flag football team with the big mouth. Was a really long hour.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
9/12/17 8:55 p.m.

The most important part of communication is listening. Let me complete what I'm saying before you say no. Because someone over 16 WAS there to accept your ex-husband's service, but you didn't want me to finish my sentence. Problem solved. Have a nice day. #YouGotServed

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/13/17 6:48 a.m.
mad_machine said:

In reply to alfadriver :

I have seen next to nothing on damage in Cuba. I assume they are hurting, but it's like they fell into the same black hole NK did for news coming out

Most of the national news barely covers them.  They only seem to cover the USVI, St Maarten, and Barbuda only when mainland US citizens are involved.  My wife found a lot of Cuba news while looking through Puerto Rico news to make sure her family and the rest of the island is ok.  Then I managed to watch an Al-Jazzera report on Youtube which was pretty bad.  Places we were wandering around just a week and a half ago were up to people's waists in water.  And some more buildings were very damaged.  That was just in Havana- when the news from their cays, and the issues that many of the resorts and towns out there were totally wiped out.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/13/17 7:31 a.m.

Of three cars which are classed as mine and thus I could drive to work on a day we're still getting rains from Irma on...

1. The DMC, technically drivable but ill-advised due to frame problems and the fact it would take some time to check over everything to make sure it was ready for the road.
  2. The 'new' Jeep, also technically drivable but the last time I took it further than around the block I had to limp home several miles with the transmission locked in 1st gear- and I've not yet totally determined what caused that.
  3. The Riviera, which has been my 'drivable' car for a while now- but currently has a drive wheel hub disassembled to replace (what may not have been) a failing wheel bearing

Which mean I either had to ride my bike or the scooter to work this morning, or risk driving the Jeep in limp mode. Opted for the bike- and of course got rained on for my trouble.

Trying to pull the bearing on the Riv last night I pretty badly banged up the thumb and a finger on my hand- all for something that may in the end have not been necessary but certainly is now because the old bearing assembly came apart when pulling it.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/13/17 1:22 p.m.

And now we can add car accident that mangled my ony driving car to the list of E36 M3 i didn't need 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
9/13/17 1:52 p.m.

CBC had lots of coverage.  Havana had four feet of water downtown, and the beach with all the tourist hotels (Veridero?) was beat all to hell.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/13/17 8:55 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

And now we can add car accident that mangled my ony driving car to the list of E36 M3 i didn't need 

Follow up: the at fault little old lady has horrible insurance.  Miata has bent spindle, wheel, subframe, trashed axle and differential, and a fubard body kit and quarter. 

Its totalled.  Again.

berkeley.

Guess its time for a parts car. Or to turn this into one.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
9/13/17 9:06 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear it. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/13/17 9:07 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Sorry to hear this. Were you injured?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/13/17 9:15 p.m.

Thank god not hurt. Just got done inspecting the damage before pisting. Its even sort of still drivable. Rear is making nasty noises though. And ill need to throw the factory 14s back on.

Is what it is.  Just really didn't need this. Especially since we were planning to go away for the anniversary this weekend in it. Guess we take the minivan...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/13/17 10:03 p.m.

I spent my last dollar on a loaf of bread. I have no money. None.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
9/13/17 10:24 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I spent my last dollar on a loaf of bread. I have no money. None.

I once lost 21lbs in 14 days. Poverty diet. Yay.smiley

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/13/17 11:11 p.m.

Whatever audience Velocity is trying to reach w/ a few of their new shows... it ain't me. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
9/14/17 6:48 a.m.

I wrote down some of my honey-do list last night.

Now I wish I hadn't. It's long.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
9/14/17 9:18 a.m.

I feel like someone is going to get their ass chewed out for buying auction cars from Texas. 

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
9/14/17 9:41 a.m.
tuna55 said:

I wrote down some of my honey-do list last night.

Now I wish I hadn't. It's long.

Tell me about it. I feel like there is no possible way for me to complete everything that needs done around the house (due to entropy), and yet paying someone to do it would cost way beyond what is reasonable for us to spend on housing. I could probably spend $200k on our house and not be done. And even then that's not effortless - hiring contractors never is.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/14/17 10:02 a.m.

Oh, that is opening a rant. Not all of this am I even capable of doing myself, but in the next 1-2 years we need to...

• Paint the bathroom
  • Retile the bathroom
  • Fix the leaky sink in the kitchen
  • (probably) replace the water heater
  • rebuild or retuck the chimney
  • rebuild the deck
  • rebuild the front steps
  • possibly build a handicap ramp
  • paint the living room
  • new carpet on the stairs and hallway
  • new screen door
  • scrub all the walls and floors and everything because the damn house still smells like skunk.
tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
9/14/17 10:07 a.m.

For the record, my "we don't have money for this big job yet" honey-do list is even longer and more daunting. This is just the "do it now" list.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/14/17 10:14 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

Because cigars stink like ass!  

(Sorry, that's a whole different rant.)

1 ... 681 682 683 684 685 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VjMXDpA1dkEIuRNHyFojKzy68X9UOMcv0hoE2ArZ3B8luGnkWmstFLGh68qFuA9A