1 ... 692 693 694 695 696 ... 1927
Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/10/17 8:58 a.m.

You know whats fun? Getting 80 cases, all of which have significant issues, with no documentation on anything, and the only person that knew quit.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
10/10/17 11:17 a.m.

19 years ago today my father passed away. It's been a long ol' road without my best friend. 

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/10/17 11:59 a.m.

Anyone friends with a Notary Public in Indiana? Because at the moment it's not anything automotive that may prevent me from taking the Rampage to the Challenge- it's government bureaucracy & a bumbling Sheriff who apparently messed up my title application form. angry 

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
10/10/17 1:59 p.m.
Ashyukun said:

Anyone friends with a Notary Public in Indiana? Because at the moment it's not anything automotive that may prevent me from taking the Rampage to the Challenge- it's government bureaucracy & a bumbling Sheriff who apparently messed up my title application form. angry 

Indiana titles dont need notarized so thats weird. 

Ashyukun
10/10/17 2:02 p.m.
dropstep said:
Ashyukun said:

You're right- but Kentucky titles do have to be, as does the application form you turn in to request a KY title when transferring a vehicle from out-of-state (in place of notarizing the title).

I think I've largely got it under control now... I hope. Will find out on Thursday when I (hopefully) take the truck in be inspected and registered...

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
10/10/17 2:51 p.m.

Got my flu shot this morning.  Now I feel like ass.  Work made them mandatory this year, might just take a day or two off to recover to spite them.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
10/10/17 3:21 p.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock said:

19 years ago today my father passed away. It's been a long ol' road without my best friend. 

April was 20 years for me.  Its a rough road.  

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
10/10/17 4:34 p.m.
Ashyukun said:
dropstep said:
Ashyukun said:

You're right- but Kentucky titles do have to be, as does the application form you turn in to request a KY title when transferring a vehicle from out-of-state (in place of notarizing the title).

I think I've largely got it under control now... I hope. Will find out on Thursday when I (hopefully) take the truck in be inspected and registered...

Weird ohio requires notarized titles but i can travel 20 minutes and buy an indiana car and have it titled in ohio without it being notarized.  Ive always thought that the state the title came from decided the notary/no notary side of it.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/10/17 6:53 p.m.
KyAllroad said:

Got my flu shot this morning.  Now I feel like ass.  Work made them mandatory this year, might just take a day or two off to recover to spite them.

I got one the year of the swine flu, because we were going out of country for a holiday, and it was highly recommended.  I didn't sleep for three days, my arm hurt so badly from the injection site.  I am in no way an anti-vaxxer, but I'm not super convinced of the flu vaccine being worthwhile for an otherwise healthy adult.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/10/17 7:26 p.m.

If it's that God awful,  why the hell get a flu shot?

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/10/17 7:50 p.m.

I'm always surprised and a little disappointed at how quickly I go from fairly happy when I'm on vacation back to normal when I get home. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/10/17 9:03 p.m.

While out delivering parts today, I had a delivery to the only salvage yard in my local area. While I was there, I inquired if they had any 84-87 CRXs in the yard.

The guy behind the counter just laughed heartily and said that he hasn't seen one come into the yard in over 5 years. He then wished me luck.

sad

It really sucks trying to find parts for this car. I want to keep it on the road because I feel it needs to be "saved". Its not nice enough to be preserved but I feel it should still be driven and enjoyed. You'd never think a mass produced Honda product from the mid '80s would be relinquished to unicorn status like a limited run euro sports car.

Ugh.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/10/17 9:46 p.m.
Appleseed said:

If it's that God awful,  why the hell get a flu shot?

Something about preventing the previous pandemic that all but ended WWI after it killed more people than the actual war did.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/10/17 10:16 p.m.

Doing the exhaust manifold gasket on the challenge car: Struggled with one bolt on the coolant return line hookup to the turbo for at LEAST 30 minutes. I did finally get it though. 

Ashyukun
10/11/17 9:27 a.m.

In reply to dropstep :

I think it comes down to the state that you're trying to transfer/title/register a vehicle in deciding what they want...

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/11/17 9:40 a.m.

There are a few people who can piss in my cornflakes with very minimal effort. 

They have all pissed in my cornflakes today. My attitude SUCKS. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
10/11/17 2:04 p.m.

Why is common sense so uncommon?angry

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/11/17 3:00 p.m.

Why don't people READ?! OMG work was full of stupidity that could have been prevented if any number of the parties involved had actually read any of the things communicated to them in the form of email. Email, the preferred form of communication since it can be documented what was communicated to whom and when, has no capacity to make the receiver(s) read the damn thing. Gah.

java230
java230 SuperDork
10/11/17 3:11 p.m.

This whole "adult" thing really sucks some days.

WilD
WilD Dork
10/11/17 3:26 p.m.

I'm going to return this to the truly minor rant thread by ranting about something that barely effects me.  My (possibly irrational) white hot hatred of "e-bikes", or rather the spin on marketing them.  It isn't a bicyle anymore, it has a motor.  IT IS A MOPED.  Sure, it's a light, quiet, generally imporved moped. But it's still just a MOPED and they have been around for a while.  Also NEWS FLASH mopeds don't belong on non-motorized paths and trails.  Take it to the road where it belongs.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
10/11/17 4:26 p.m.

Leg day for the first time in a couple months. I went light and was sore the same day, can't imagine what tomorrow is going to feel like. That's what I get for skipping leg day.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/11/17 4:31 p.m.
WilD said:

Take it to the road where it belongs.

But please wear a helmet and put lights on it because you whiz so fast in-through traffic.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/12/17 8:34 a.m.
SaltyDog said:

We were just talking about this at work yesterday.  The VAST majority of laws and regulations could be deleted, if only the general populace of the world could follow 2 simple rules:

1. Use common sense.
  2. Don't be a douchebag.
barefootskater
barefootskater New Reader
10/12/17 11:53 a.m.
Apexcarver said:
Nick (Bo) Comstock said:

April was 20 years for me.  Its a rough road.  

13 years this month. Can't count the question I wish I could ask.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/17 11:59 a.m.
Duke said:
SaltyDog said:

We were just talking about this at work yesterday.  The VAST majority of laws and regulations could be deleted, if only the general populace of the world could follow 2 simple rules:

1. Use common sense.
  2. Don't be a douchebag.

unfortunately, as we are seeing in some of the interpertations of the constitution, things that our fore fathers thought were understood and common sense were never written in, now that these things are forgotten, people keep trying to put their own spin on it.

Also going to add that different cultures have differnt definitions of "common sense" so things do need to be codified a bit.

1 ... 692 693 694 695 696 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TqBvRu4ypyyolfEvlBtYjY2qhRZ9f7U2UPoJKXptvutsaSiyDb4pZg0Fo8pqJavb