1 ... 696 697 698 699 700 ... 1927
Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/17 8:17 p.m.

I can recommend the RS and as a bonus, you can see out of it!  Not something many can say about the mullet mobile :)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/17/17 8:20 p.m.

For what it's worth, I'm not going to do anything rash. Once in a while I have a good old fashioned freak out, feel like E36 M3 for a day, put my pants back on, and go to work.

I appreciate knowing you guys have my back if it ever got real bad.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
10/17/17 8:44 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

We all need to vent from time to time.

This is a great place to do it and always know someone is concerned, listening and willing to help somehow.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
10/17/17 9:39 p.m.

"A mind that is never stern or indignant is either without love, or else is dead to the distinction between right and wrong." - Archbishop Fulton Sheen

From this weeks CERC e-mail. smiley 

Stefan
10/17/17 10:46 p.m.

You’re damned lucky that you’re sick, because this Kardashian bullE36 M3 ain’t playing much longer.

I’ll watch quite a lot of bullE36 M3, but that is one of the few things that will make me leave the room after I think less of you as an intelligent person.

berkeley.  berkeley.  berkeleyity berkeley.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
10/18/17 12:12 a.m.

Side effect of not being able too walk is i cant sleep for E36 M3. Burning zero energy during the day makes for long nights! 

wae
wae Dork
10/18/17 1:17 p.m.

I don't know what 35 inch pounds of torque feels like.  That's why I bought a torque wrench.  Of course, when the torque wrench stops measuring torque and just acts like a plain wrench, aluminum transmission pan bolts snap off.  So here I am, a couple hours before I'm supposed to load a car on the trailer to head to Gainesville, and I need a new bolt so I can finish up the transmission service...

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/18/17 1:28 p.m.
Stefan said:

You’re damned lucky that you’re sick, because this Kardashian bullE36 M3 ain’t playing much longer.

I’ll watch quite a lot of bullE36 M3, but that is one of the few things that will make me leave the room after I think less of you as an intelligent person.

I had a roommate for a while that watched them, and the Bachelor. I watched about 15 minutes of the Bachelor. I couldn't believe people spent their time watching that. I've never regretted time I've spent more than that. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/17 11:46 p.m.

I have to sand down the highspots on my Boat's deck before I can lay C/F. I went down to the last independent auto parts place today, the one place that had LONG sanding boards of any quality -and they are closed. Bought out by the Advanced down the Street and shut down angry. As much as I prefer to buy local, I now I had to resort to Amazon for a nice wooden sanding board instead of the nasty floppy plastic/rubber things that Advance/Pep/Autozone sells

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
10/20/17 1:41 a.m.

Got my official feedback for the supervisor spot I didn't get.  

They said I should pick up some supervisor shifts to gain experience.  

They tell me that knowing full well that only supervisors can take supervisor shifts.  

That's some Kirkland Signature bullE36 M3 right there.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
10/20/17 8:26 a.m.

So yesterday a friend had a minor accident leaving her car undrivable.  She asked me to help load it on her trailer after work (whole other side rant here about the joys of loading a disabled car on a trailer on the side of a freeway with 6" between the white line and the trailer wheels) which took me a couple of hours last night.  When I made it home there was a noticeable "coolness" from SWMBO.  No good deed goes unnoticed I suppose.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/17 9:04 a.m.

today is the first day back after two weeks of vacation.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/20/17 11:00 a.m.

Had a co-worker look at her pallet of freight and flat out refuse to touch it, all the while implying that I should do it while they B.S. and drink coffee.

You don't give a E36 M3 about doing your job? Funny, I don't give a E36 M3 about doing YOUR job either. 

Good day.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
10/20/17 11:57 a.m.
mtn said:
Stefan said:

I had a roommate for a while that watched them, and the Bachelor. I watched about 15 minutes of the Bachelor. I couldn't believe people spent their time watching that. I've never regretted time I've spent more than that. 

Rule in my house is no so-called reality shows on TV. Daughters used to get upset at me when I either turned the channel or turned it off when they lived at my house. Needless to say, nowadays I don't watch much TV. Even turned off cable and only stream now.

Stefan
10/20/17 12:03 p.m.
wlkelley3 said:
mtn said:
Stefan said:

Rule in my house is no so-called reality shows on TV. Daughters used to get upset at me when I either turned the channel or turned it off when they lived at my house. Needless to say, nowadays I don't watch much TV. Even turned off cable and only stream now.

Yeah, I had to point out that our 16 month old is watching more and more TV and that I don't want her watching anything except educational programming right now (if at all).

The funny thing?  This is almost exactly what she said to me once when I had Star Wars or some racing on while the kid was watching with me.

Yeah, my stuff is either educational or at least well written and doesn't promote being terribly vain and generally self-involved person.

imgon
imgon Reader
10/20/17 5:22 p.m.

Dear GM engineering dept; YOU BLOW! When a headlight burns out it, should not require disassembling the front of your vehicle to change said light bulb. Light bulbs burn out , frequently even and should be EASY to replace. You should not need more than one tool either, there is no reason to need three or more. On that subject if you have two screws holding the fender liner on, why do you feel the need to have 5 plastic clip/plugs? Either use 7 clips or 7 screws. The icing on the cake is after removing half the front of the truck you still can't remove the headlight assembly from the vehicle, you can only pull it out just enough to reach in behind to pull the lamps out, while having to break some of the plastic tabs that appear to keep the assembly held together. May your personal car become infested with all the bugs that make your skin crawl. That is all.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/20/17 6:05 p.m.

I bit the inside of my cheek while eating dinner.angry

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/20/17 7:16 p.m.

In reply to imgon :

You have a burnt out DRL on a Tahoe?  I need to get to one of those on my wife’s truck....

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
10/20/17 7:36 p.m.

Pulled this one out of my heini this week. '" If you don't want to run it out the back of the end zone don't take the hand off." I've been saying it ad nauseam since. angry

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/17 7:53 p.m.
Karacticus said:

In reply to imgon :

You have a burnt out DRL on a Tahoe?  I need to get to one of those on my wife’s truck....

The DRLs burn out all the time on those.  4157LL bulb.

You don't NEED to disassemble the nose to get to it, but it's faster that way.  A pair of kiwi pliers and the whole thing comes apart in like 20 seconds.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/21/17 6:34 a.m.

My god im tired and sore.  And out of caffeine. 

Brian
Brian MegaDork
10/21/17 7:41 a.m.

Canoe zombie threads pop up and you count off multiple posters who have since passed. Right in the feels. 

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/17 7:54 a.m.

In reply to Brian :

Take solace in the fact that the selfish actions of dickwads halfway around the world bring to mind memories of those who have passed on, and in a way keep the memory of them alive and fresh.

"See good in bad, I like, I like!"

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
10/21/17 12:31 p.m.

In reply to imgon :

You mean like this?

Granted, it's over the top so I don't scratch a $50 set of bulbs, but still

imgon
imgon Reader
10/21/17 1:21 p.m.

In reply to 1kris06 and Karacticus : I didn't go to that extreme, just undid everything I thought would loosen things up enough to get the assembly free, it sure felt like I went that far though. My DRL's burned out over a year ago and I didn't have to have them for an inspection so lived without them. On Tuesday morning one of my low beams checked out so it was time to dive in. Replaced both low beam, DRL's and turn/marker lights while I was in there. It seems to me if you make the lamps easy to pop out, you should be smart enough to make getting to them easy as well. Swapping out the 6 lamps took all of about two minutes, it took almost an hour to take everything apart and a half hour to re-assemble. I get it, you want it to be hard enough so average Joe brings the car back to your service department, but your techs then go bonkers cause you came up with such a dumbass design.

1 ... 696 697 698 699 700 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kd2lS4nXvgteD0Udwj5FZ9DEqL39r8tPhqDoZnmhBHImEHWsIdo1O0smKp5tW7Xm