1 ... 717 718 719 720 721 ... 1927
Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/17 2:11 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

The last few calls I’ve gotten have hung up on me. It might be my greeting, done in a deep radio voice: Hello caller, you’re on WXYZ, tell us why YOU feel the age of consent is too damn high!

tellemarketer: huh?

Me: We’re speaking with NAMBLA head Dick Tutchens about why..,

them: click.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/30/17 2:36 p.m.

Performance punishment is a very real phenomenon

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
11/30/17 3:16 p.m.

On top of a fairly lousy work week my boss conveniently forgot to pay me. Again.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/30/17 3:25 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

On top of a fairly lousy work week my boss conveniently forgot to pay me. Again.

Where do you work? I'd be contacting the state pretty quickly.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/30/17 3:34 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

Yeah, back in the early '90s I had one of those.  A week later I'd go ask him for whatever he could give me, and I'd get half a check, backdated to before payday, with "ADVANCE" in the memo slot. 

I don't miss that bastard one bit, but in my field and location at that time, he was the only game going.

EastCoastMojo
11/30/17 4:35 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I am associated with a national company, but employed by one guy. My check is only one day late at this point, but when you live payceck to paycheck it it stressful nonetheless. This is not the first time he's been late but thankfully none of my checks have bounced.

It's really just the icing on a E36 M3 sandwich of a week where I feel constantly disrespected by my boss. I have tried to resolve that through dialogue with him, but ultimately I just have to suck it up. It is what it is and I don't have a lot of options.

jstand
jstand Dork
11/30/17 4:41 p.m.

Probably already been mentioned...

Every time I open a page with the Trivago ad in the side bar, my browser immediately jumps down to the ad, and I have to scroll back up to the top of the page.

EastCoastMojo
11/30/17 4:47 p.m.

In reply to jstand :

Yeah, that one's gotten me a few times too. I'll reach back out to Ed and see if we can block it.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/30/17 6:32 p.m.

4 days pf waiting for the xbone to finish updating. This is why i hate technology.  

All i wanna do is play a game 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
11/30/17 6:38 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

A few years ago my boss had live checks on a Friday and would pass them out at random times of the day - sometimes he was a richard and would wait until later afternoon burning those guys that ran to the bank and then grabbed a sandwich.  Then corporate stepped in and forced everyone to direct deposit and threatened to pay on a debit card if they didn't sign up for DD.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/30/17 6:54 p.m.

Why do I  feel the need to defend the FR-S to people who neither own nor have even driven one? I love that car. That's all that matters. I think the people that bag on it, especially when the issue of power comes up, are just looking for excuses not to own one. Oh well, I'm going for a drive.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/17 7:36 p.m.

"Summit carries everything, I should have no problem getting a trailer hitch tonight so I can be ready to install it this weekend, since I need to tow a trailer with my new car next weekend."

HAHAHA NOPE.

Rant is not against Summit.  Rant is against my dithering that got me to this position.

And I mostly want the hitch ASAP so I can wrestle a twin dizzy 12A engine and its weirdball transmission onto a low deck, instead of trying to heave it up into a truck.  I do plan on towing more hardcore but that is next year, not next weekend.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
11/30/17 7:48 p.m.

Screw you palmetto armory.

I ordered  a seriously expensive new scope and rings and magazines on the 21st for a even on the 3rd of December. They just dropped it in the mail freight ground slow boat from the East Coast. Looks like I am shooting 1-3 and iron sights on a 300 yard range this weekend.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
11/30/17 9:01 p.m.
Knurled. said:

"Summit carries everything, I should have no problem getting a trailer hitch tonight so I can be ready to install it this weekend, since I need to tow a trailer with my new car next weekend."

HAHAHA NOPE.

Rant is not against Summit.  Rant is against my dithering that got me to this position.

And I mostly want the hitch ASAP so I can wrestle a twin dizzy 12A engine and its weirdball transmission onto a low deck, instead of trying to heave it up into a truck.  I do plan on towing more hardcore but that is next year, not next weekend.

Last time I went to buy a hitch, I came home with a new truck.

SWMBO won't let me look at hitches alone anymore...

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
11/30/17 10:50 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

4 days pf waiting for the xbone to finish updating. This is why i hate technology.  

All i wanna do is play a game 

Sounds like you need to hardwire your console or check your network settings.

Back in the day, I used to download PS3 system updates to a USB drive (negating the need for the PS3 to actually download the update), and just let it install updates from the USB. Check and see if Xbox offers something similar.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/30/17 11:21 p.m.

Dear eBay seller,

As the buyer of your item, taking 9 days to ship said item is not acceptable. Especially since your "Item has shipped" email shows that you have only printed the shipping label. And that was 2 days ago. So no, my item has not shipped yet. Thanks.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/1/17 12:13 a.m.

My new cell phone company is terrible. Thank goodness they're cheap, because they're downright awful.

Every single contact is a disappointment. It feels like they randomize my requests and double-down. Call to discuss activating a new phone? Nope, I'm going to give you the PUK for your old SIM card, and suggest you talk to a department that isn't here. Trying to get your service activated on our bring-your-own-device plan? Nope, I'm going to insist you have to buy one of our phones. Interested in a quote on a new phone from us? That's the business department. You're not business? That's still the business department. Asking the business department for a quote? Nope, that's consumer. Nope that's telesales. Nope, you need a department that went home an hour ago. Ordering new SIM cards on the web? Awesome, overnight shipping is $10, thanks and "see you back here tomorrow." Actually sit on the order from Friday to the following Wednesday, and ship 2-day.

The above may not be in chronological order.

Anyhow, I have a new phone, so it turns out I need a SIM. Phone support can't send it out. I have to go to a store. The closest store is across the street from where my wife is, so I call her and ask her to drop by and pick one up. 

Twenty minutes later, she arrives with a nano-SIM free of its card, Scotch-taped to the back of a business card. "No charge" she said. They admitted they didn't have one ready to sell, so they just gave her some old one. When I tried to activate, the online tool tells me that it's not eligible for activation, and that it may be associated with another account.

If I wasn't saving ~$140/mo against our old carrier for our two lines of service, I'd leave them in a heartbeat.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
12/1/17 2:45 a.m.

Paying my credit card bill normally takes about 60 seconds.  

Not this time, 30 minutes and a phone call.  

Would have been nice of them to tell me that they changed their password requirements and invalidated my password sometime in the last month.  

Bonus points for my feeling like an ass for snapping at the dude who helped me, I work retail, I should know better than to abuse a fellow drone.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
12/1/17 6:00 a.m.

I had a nice 3 hour lunch and garage tour with a former boss/friend who is also a car guy. Then the mailman left the letter  (unsigned) from the HOA committee equating property values with my car trailer that's parked beside the garage. They ruined a perfectly enjoyable day.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/1/17 3:20 p.m.

I am going to leave at noon I told them. . .. . .  

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
12/1/17 5:39 p.m.
wearymicrobe said:

I ordered  a seriously expensive new scope and rings and magazines on the 21st for a even on the 3rd of December. They just dropped it in the mail freight ground slow boat from the East Coast. Looks like I am shooting 1-3 and iron sights on a 300 yard range this weekend.

They don’t have a good reputation for quick shipping.  

Burrito
Burrito Dork
12/1/17 5:44 p.m.

I've been working swing shift for the last 3 months because one of the other mechanics got himself a nice hernia and is on light duty.  I just just watched that mother berkeleyer lift a nearly 100lb gearbox from ground level.  Totally just hinged at the waist and hoisted it up to chest level.  He's supposed to be on a 20lb restriction...

Either I don't need to be here, or he's trying to hurt himself to get another month off.  It's fine, though.  Totally fine.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
12/1/17 6:15 p.m.
wearymicrobe said:

Looks like they also lost a complete upper of mine coming back from threading. Yeah. Not with a lower so not the end of the world but it had some cool custom parts.

Also found all the leaks in my Cadillac and the thunderbird has a replacement manifold. So much better now. But need to mock up a PCV system for both cars this weekend for the draft tubes so I don't die from affixation.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
12/1/17 6:52 p.m.

I have chunks of rust in my teeth. 

Pattyo
Pattyo Reader
12/1/17 7:03 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Is this Datsun related? Their are prone to speed holes if left to their own devices.

1 ... 717 718 719 720 721 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V9o7qulCco5H4WU3rSgU8sgYUqJfFibKXiFQWneA2CTJZ4hLjJ2lHNe9uUAkt9qI