1 ... 728 729 730 731 732 ... 1926
Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/21/17 3:41 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

And now SWMBO is worried that we will have to put our luggage in the bed of the truck (it doesn't have a cover) and that getting a truck was a bad idea. -_- I really hope that the rest of the trip goes better than this last week...

The Beverly Hillbillies drove across the country with the old lady in a rocking chair in the back of the truck.   Your luggage will survive.   

I think the concern is the 6-12" of snow that we may be driving into/through along the way.... :P

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/21/17 4:12 p.m.

NY DMV is a large PIA.  Just thought I'd share that.  Did I mention , NY DMV is berkleyed up?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/21/17 9:45 p.m.

This is mostly on me, since I know the car has a slow oil leak, and I haven't checked the level in awhile... but wife told me today that the oil light has flickered a couple times on the Tribute (V6 Duratec). 

mtn:how long?

mrsmtn: uhhhhh....

mtn: great.

so I go to check. Dip stick is pretty dry. Enough on it to know there is oul in there, but not much. Go to the garage, grab the Mobil1. Start pouring it in... hey, that looks awful dark... aw E36 M3, that's a mix of old oil and probably some ATF. GREAT.

NickD
NickD UltraDork
12/22/17 10:49 a.m.

Any semblance of Christmas spirit that I might have had (and believe me it wasn't much this year) today just took out back and shot in the head.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
12/22/17 1:33 p.m.

Grocery stores are horrible enough on a normal day. This time of year, I'd rather be shot in the knee. Maybe you people should give some thought to what you're getting inside the store before actually getting inside the store and then standing there blocking the aisle discussing your dinner plans while everyone tries to negotiate their way around you.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/22/17 1:45 p.m.
ncjay said:

Grocery stores are horrible enough on a normal day. This time of year, I'd rather be shot in the knee. Maybe you people should give some thought to what you're getting inside the store before actually getting inside the store and then standing there blocking the aisle discussing your dinner plans while everyone tries to negotiate their way around you.

I bet I can beat you. See my post above about my botched oil adding? Well, since that was at about 10PM the only thing open was Wally World--which is admittedly where I buy my oil anyways. The only thing I buy there. But anyways, 10PM. Must have been 200-300 cars in the parking lot. It was PACKED. And to make matters worse, they were restocking. Impossible to navigate. Took me 7 minutes to walk back to the oil. 

Burrito
Burrito Dork
12/22/17 2:50 p.m.

Left work last night at 10:30pm, punched in this morning at 5:40am after tossing and turning all night (because that's what you do when you work swing shift.  Battle insomnia).  I feel like utter garbage; head is swimmy, more than a little queasy, zero appetite, and I have all the lethargy.  Really, really hoping it's just sleep depravation and not a cold coming on.  I was truly excited to start my 11 day stretch away from this E36 M3hole with a much deserved trip to my favorite pub, but it's looking like a long nap is more my speed today.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/22/17 4:56 p.m.

You know what's better than Motor Vehicle screwing you?  Having the Insurance Company do it to you too.  At the same time.  Gonna go now, need some Preperation H.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/22/17 5:07 p.m.

I am getting screwed by the NJ Motor Vehicle too. Brought home my boat last night, all the way from Quakertown Pa to almost NJ without any plates. Stopped by the DMV after work with a notarized title, and they will not issue me a title without pictures of all sides of the trailer and a pic of the VIN. I told them it would be tough to give them a top view as there is currently a boat sitting on it.

Trailers are a Serious PITA in New Jersey for some reason.

I really had to stop myself from laughing when they said I have to get the boat inspected by the USCG before they will issue a title. As the boat originally came from NJ she is insistent it is in their system. The boat was registered in 1964 and left NJ in 1970... I am sure it is in the computers... sure it is

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
12/22/17 7:37 p.m.

Took the family out this evening, a little dinner and a visit to the book store.  Left the dog in her crate......return home to find the teenager failed to securely latch dog crate.   Dog has shredded said teenagers "flour baby", shat up the floor, tracked flour all over the room, torn up anything left out and generally destroyed her environment.   

Girls are still cleaning, I'm wondering how long before teenager admits her culpability in this E36 M3-show.  She has a hard time accepting or admitting that anything is ever her fault.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
12/22/17 7:46 p.m.

Apparently picking up a truck, thats full of gas, already loaded with free firewood thats been cut specifically for you, with no timetable for return of the truck is too much like work for some people.  Been waiting for him almost 2 weeks now.

berkeleying ridiculous. 

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
12/23/17 7:58 a.m.

this is a VERY minor rant regarding the person who I barely know, but who is telling me how to paint my car:   

I'm glad you are enthusiastic about my car now being able to be driven.  I am too, FWIW.  Please don't, however, show that enthusiasm by telling me what color to paint my car.  Trust me, I've had years to figure that out, and I've already formed some strong opinions about it.  No, they don't involve your extremely unoriginal idea of flat black.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
12/24/17 9:57 a.m.

Dammit woman, check the tire pressure on your new SUV when prompted by the low air tire indicator on the dash. You ruined a brand new cooper tire because of low tire pressure and continued driving it like that. $200 down the drain for not paying attention or taking care it. That list of mine of things you won’t do or take care of is getting longer over the years that it is really starting to piss me off. Some of these things are stupid little things that your are beyond capable of doing but somehow can’t or won’t. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
12/24/17 9:59 a.m.

Ridiculously minor rant:

Why does the miata require dissassemly of the ball joints to change the strut? Thats just stupid.  

And the oil filter is a pain i  the ass to change.

Again, incredibly small and petty rant.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/24/17 10:00 a.m.
JoeyM said:

this is a VERY minor rant regarding the person who I barely know, but who is telling me how to paint my car:   

I'm glad you are enthusiastic about my car now being able to be driven.  I am too, FWIW.  Please don't, however, show that enthusiasm by telling me what color to paint my car.  Trust me, I've had years to figure that out, and I've already formed some strong opinions about it.  No, they don't involve your extremely unoriginal idea of flat black.

What about with red wheels?

imgon
imgon Reader
12/24/17 11:10 a.m.

In an attempt to keep our kitchen cleanish, I decided it would be a good idea to bring my grandson (we had been playing in the dirt in the backyard) in through the cellar and clean him off downstairs to avoid the wrath of SWMBO. On the surface this was an awesome idea, however I forgot that his present from Santa was unwrapped on the other side of the cellar door that we were about to go through, DOH! Naturally he immediately noticed it, now we have figure out how to spin this as it is way too late to go shopping. It had been a good day up to that point. Merry Christmas to all.

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
12/24/17 1:57 p.m.

I bought a set of glow plugs for our tractor a couple of months ago. I have no idea where I put them. I’ve been looking on and off for about a week and a half now. I’m about ready to order another set there by insuring the existing set will pop up.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
12/24/17 2:03 p.m.

The gauges I scored on eBay or delivered today. They're the wrong size. Normally I don't complain that it gauges too big, but I don't think I'll have the space for a full set

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
12/24/17 2:25 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

The gauges I scored on eBay or delivered today. They're the wrong size. Normally I don't complain that it gauges too big, but I don't think I'll have the space for a full set

Don't you hate that?  I bought a couple of 14 inch carbide metal cutting blades at a hell of a price on Amazon.  Such a hell of a price, I forgot the definition of non-ferrous for long enough to get them.  I wanted blades for cutting steel, which I remembered quite quickly upon opening the box, is a ferrous metal.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
12/24/17 2:59 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

in the back of my head I didn't think they made full sweep in the 2 1/16 size. Should have trusted that little voice. Oh well if they don't fit I can add them to my giant box of gauges

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/24/17 3:07 p.m.
Wally said:
JoeyM said:

What about with red wheels?

I was sitting here thinking olive green with red wheels as I read these posts. I know you don't want my opinion either.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
12/24/17 3:35 p.m.

Snowed out the family christmas at my dads. On the plus side i played in the snow with my kids for a while!

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
12/26/17 12:00 a.m.

Driving my recently hospitalized mother and looney-toons demented stepdad to Seattle for Xmas.  

Backseat driving and nagging from mom in the back seat, stepdad who is too far gone to drive adjusting wiper and defrost controls from shotgun the whole way.  

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/26/17 8:18 a.m.

Sister and Nieces down for the Holidays, they have been here 4 days, the non-stop fighting between my sis and her 16 y/o daughter is about to make me want to run away from home.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/26/17 9:40 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

And the oil filter is a pain in  the ass to change.

This

1 ... 728 729 730 731 732 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6wVeDJ0SFljtzzYu6TzVah8xGCnsA8m7VsxwNXnoehefnqP87SoWUChBM2xs5ThC