1 ... 755 756 757 758 759 ... 1926
barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
2/22/18 10:05 a.m.

Scraping ice from my windows. That is all.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/22/18 10:06 a.m.

(Are you familiar with the Barrington area of Northern Illinois? )

You built/bought a house on top of a swamp because of the exclusive area and you are mad at me because your septic is failing? 

You don't want a mound system because it will ruin the look of your yard? You are running out of options, lady. If you value the look of your home more than being able to E36 M3 and shower, well, that's on you.

I'm just the wind up shiny happy person running your soil test. I'm running it honest and true. I don't give a damn if you like the results.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/22/18 7:31 p.m.

Not really a rant, but an odd observation...

I work in a research area, and my building constantly have visitors from various places.  So while most people dress business casual, its not that uncommon to see people in suits and ties.

Of course, the suit and tie is an image thing- dressed to impress and all.  But it's all about image, right?

I find it really odd to see those dressed so nicely where image matters to use a very colorful, casual backpack for their stuff.  At least, if you are going to use a backpack, you should use a nice leather one.  But in my early time, a suit would clearly mean a leather brief case.  Another acceptable thing would be a black computer bag (very black).  A colorful backpack just does not fit the image of a suit and tie.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
2/22/18 7:37 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I was headed up to Crystal Lake one day and I saw some really nice homes so I thought it would be a nice area to live until I saw the Barrington sign.   Whoops - where’s Lockport? 

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
2/22/18 8:04 p.m.

Shout out to 'weekend-racer.com' for being unresponsive to emails, super late to give updates to order status, AND inexplicably electing to instruct the postal service not to actually deliver my item, opting to make me make a special trip to the post office tomorrow.  

Any of those alone would be enough for me to never order from them again, but all three?  

berkeley weekend-racer.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/22/18 8:14 p.m.

Open air garages.  Two cars with problems, rain and icky gravel driveway.  Guess what got done.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/23/18 1:57 p.m.

I ate some ham that might have been in the fridge too long...  crying

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/23/18 2:34 p.m.

Im still hurting. This is taking forever to heal.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/23/18 3:40 p.m.

Holy crap, I’m getting spammed by senior magazines. 

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
2/23/18 3:41 p.m.

Kids are having a sleepover at a friend's so the wife wants to go do something when I get off work. All the indoor ranges close the same time I get off so I'll probably get stuck doing something I don't want to do.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
2/23/18 5:01 p.m.

I have an elderly family member that posts this picture on Facebook at least once a week. I seriously doubt she has ever seen any of the star wars movies. I just don't have the heart to tell her. 

However it's getting harder and harder for me to resist posting this reply.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
2/24/18 1:05 p.m.

Seriously government stop screwing with the tax laws. I got a bill that would kill a man from 20 paces for the 2017. Between the health care changes and the raising on the social limit and the adjustment to rates I am cutting a serious check this year.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/18 1:36 p.m.
alfadriver said:

somebody sign you up for the AARP?

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
2/24/18 1:42 p.m.
mad_machine said:
alfadriver said:

My wife had been getting AARP mail and I laugh every single time I hand it to her. My bruises have mostly healed now...

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/24/18 1:51 p.m.
mad_machine said:
alfadriver said:

Technically, we've been affiliate members for an insurance break for over a decade- AARP is not allowed to deny membership based on age.  But they make have let the 50 thing out of the bag.

Dirtydog
2/24/18 2:03 p.m.

What's more fun than doing a 4 wheel brake job, that has to be done,  on a gravel, soggy driveway?     Being half way done and having to finish in the rain.  Errrr.

Dirtydog
2/24/18 2:05 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

AARP s also good for hotel breaks.  Been a member for a long time.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
2/24/18 4:41 p.m.

It'd really have been nice if the gentleman who originally built my Miata had properly stripped out the wiring and started over.  Instead he spliced in just enough, the absolute bare minimum of wiring, and shoved all the rest of it to the side.  It means that as I reassemble this thing (putting together a 302 Ford which I've literally never seen before) I have to figure out which bits of automotive wire are incredibly important and have to stay RIGHT THERE.   And which bits are just flotsam.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/24/18 9:01 p.m.
logdog said:

I ate some ham that might have been in the fridge too long...  crying

Still enjoying this.  Officially diagnosed as food poisoning and I just have to ride it out.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/24/18 9:03 p.m.

In reply to logdog :

Ham poisoning is the worst. Stay hydrated! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/25/18 12:32 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

I hear ya, Spud. The Manic Miata went through a number of changes in development, plus the PO made a halfhearted attempt to make it easily switchable from OBD-II compliant to fighting trim. So there are tons of unidentified wiring around, which may or may not be abandoned. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
2/25/18 6:01 p.m.

Hey AutoZone, it'd be really neat if your computer looked up the correct oil filter.  I need a 64 not a 46.  Bought the stuff for an oil change.  Changed the oil in the Passat.  Drained the oil from the Suburban.......and couldn't thread on the new filter.  Take it back for an actual AC Delco piece.  Still no love.  Take it back again.  Put old filter on the counter and threaten severe pain if the next filter doesn't fit.  Look up direct swap for the one I have and end up with a Fram.

At least it fits. frown

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/25/18 7:01 p.m.

Trip to Summit Racing.  Turnpike to I-77S, which has a fun interchange that loops through a couple long sweeping bends with a short straight in between.  I accelerate, corner, accelerate down the straight - hey, there's some broken up pavement there (concrete, not asphalt) but my MTB/rallycross brain sees a path I can zip through without hi-

---***BANG!!!***---

Son of a bit..!!!!

Hit the R/F into a hole I didn't see so hard that the car jumped in the air.  Whoever suspension engineer decided that "rides on the bumpstops" is a good idea must be from somewhere with glass smooth roads.

When I got to Summit, no bubble in the tire (yet), but I could see a rubber mark about 6" long and 1/2" up the face of the wheel.  And I have the tires aired up at 50psi hot.

And it turned out that they did not have the part I wanted in stock at THIS store, anyway.  When I looked it up at home, I forgot to make sure that the Akron location was my "home" store. 

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/25/18 9:22 p.m.

Hello? Car Dealers? How hard is it to have engine bay shots of a car for sale?  I want to know if it is even worth my time to look at a car and i don't want one with some ebay hot air intake. I don't need 50 pictures of the outside of the car. I need at most a Front/Side/Reat/Side/front 3/4 and rear 3/4 for both sides.  I need Interior from each door opening and back seat from between front seats and front from the back, I need a dash shot from the driver side and a close up of the mileage, I need a center console picture clearly showing auto or manual and a truck shot.  That is a max of 20 pictures for a 4 door car or SUV/CUV/Van.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/26/18 8:03 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

The pot holes are ridiculous this year. 

1 ... 755 756 757 758 759 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AsF9zSZaPUaCqvXtchNoGOLA9XiTYmyv2RTQDjoVaWwikhMBjZ15Vm5zHoVobyyQ