1 ... 766 767 768 769 770 ... 1927
Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
3/15/18 3:37 p.m.

New aldl cablr came today. However no software did. So, since i have the 8192 baud computer, winaldl wont work, my laptop doent have Bluetooth so u cant use aldldroid. Which leaves me with tunerpro. Wich is a royal pain in the ass to use and get set up. I now have to pull the computer out, see what .bin it has on the prom, find the .bin and .adx and some other file, make everything talk to one another, then hope the error code trips while its all working.

berkeley.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/15/18 5:44 p.m.

Parts are piling up in the shed to maintain/repair 3 cars.  Looks like my hand(s) are being forced to do get off my butt, and do something.  Gawd, I wish it was 50-60 degrees out there in the open air garage.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
3/15/18 6:15 p.m.

In reply to Dirtydog :

If it makes you feel any better, im in a holding pattern due to health issues with my bodymans father. Need the truck together to finish stuff, need it apart to finish other stuff, and keep getting told "tomorrow "

NickD
NickD UltraDork
3/15/18 6:37 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

I'm currently being held up by a stupid EGR cap for my Miata. Can't go further with the supercharger install until I put the header blanket on, can't put the blanket on until the EGR cap is in. And now I'm being told it won't be here until Wednesday. Guess I'll spend this weekend yanking my rollbar to swap in the fuel pump, because the harness bar on a Blackbird GT3 bar is right over the fuel pump

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
3/15/18 11:40 p.m.

How can USPS tracking be so bad?
Is it simply that they're government funded and know they can do whatever they want?
DHL handed off my parcel at 3 this morning, nearly 20 hours later USPS claims they're still waiting for it.  

berkeley those jagoffs

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/16/18 8:12 a.m.

The only good thing about being hearing impaired with a head cold is I'm less likely to hear your bullE36 M3. 

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
3/16/18 10:40 a.m.

I hate working in sales. I hate the fact that my whole purpose in being employed and spending 8-10 hours a day away from my family is to try and get other peoples money out of their pockets. I don't care about money. As long as I can support my family I have enough and the rest is just wasted on me. I don't want a ton of money, and I definitely don't feel that I have a right to other peoples money if only I can upsell them on a little more junk. I need to find a line of work where productivity is based on actual productivity and not just on numbers.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
3/16/18 11:32 a.m.

It's been 2 weeks and my roll bar has still not been shipped. I'm not quite ready to go nuclear on the guy, but I'm getting there.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/16/18 12:57 p.m.
SnowMongoose said:

How can USPS tracking be so bad?
Is it simply that they're government funded and know they can do whatever they want?
DHL handed off my parcel at 3 this morning, nearly 20 hours later USPS claims they're still waiting for it.  

berkeley those jagoffs

I have found that USPS does not update their tracking UNTIL the package is actually in my hands

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/16/18 5:52 p.m.

I've hit a logistical snag, or rather several, ahead of the season's first auto x events next weekend. Got a call from the tag and title place today that the antique title and registration for the RX7 is being held up because they forgot to collect a berkeleying $5 fee for the county, due to the fact that they are located up the street from my work in the next county over, which does not require this fee. Timing was going to be tight as is, but the odds were previously pretty good that my plates would be in by next weekend, say >75%. Right now, they're looking pretty slim.

This was, of course, a contingency I had planned for. My parents have an "extra" truck, a 2000 Tundra, that figured, worst case scenario, I could borrow and just rent a Uhaul trailer for the weekend. What I didn't account for until today, when the prospect of needing that option became very real, is that my dad is going to be away on a ski trip next week and always takes that truck to the airport because he is anal about leaving his new truck, a '17 Tundra, unattended in long term parking for a week. The suggestion he take the new truck instead was not met well and I dare not even ask about towing with that one. I'll avoid the whole rant about his vehicular useage for now.

So my options at the moment look like either a) paying a lot more money to rent the trailer AND a truck, likely from Friday evening to Monday morning or b) say berkeley it and just throw an extra plate on and drive it there. Leaning towards the latter, as it is at least insured, but I won't exactly be inconspicuous with big ol' racing numbers on the side and a borderline obnoxious exhaust. I need to see what the potential consequences are vs the cost of truck and trailer.

Of course, this could have all been avoided had I gotten the tags late last fall when the car was first made road worthy, but since I'm a cheap ass I didn't want to pay insurance on it for it to sit all winter. Oh well, I still have options, better than issues with the car (knocks on wood.) Might all be moot anyways, as there's now discussion of a potential major snow storm next week and I don't know what that would do for our venue, but I'm not holding my breath over that.

Furious_E
3/16/18 5:53 p.m.

Also, i need to learn to ramble less in my posts cheeky

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/16/18 6:01 p.m.

In reply to Furious_E :

Can you just take your dad to the airport, and arrange to leave the truck there once you are done towing with it and catch an uber home so he can drive it home upon his return?

Furious_E
3/16/18 7:00 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Not conveniently, I think he's flying out of Dulles for whatever reason which is 2+ hours each way in good traffic. There are really a couple other options for multi-way vehicle swapping here, so there ought to be a way to work this out when everyone is in a better mood. If my FRS were out of the body shop today, like it was supposed to be, I'd just let him take that. The nuclear option is just race the FRS instead, but I'm dying to drive the RX7 and want the points in SSM.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/16/18 9:50 p.m.

This cold sux. I coughed so hard today, I saw Jesus.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/16/18 9:55 p.m.
Appleseed said:

My wife is pregnant and has this cold, she coughed so hard she nearly made ME see Jesus!

on the plus side, she hasn’t been nauseous, still miserable and tired, but at least she can eat!

Hope you feel better soon.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
3/16/18 10:32 p.m.
93EXCivic said:
Appleseed said:

Daylight savings time sucks the sweat of a dead man's ass.

Wrong. Daylight savings time is awesome. Regular time sucks.

It's the changeover that sucks. Change to DST or change to regular time. After acclimating to either time it isn't bad either way. At least to me. Although I do enjoy the late sunsets during DST. Can get things done after work.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/16/18 11:27 p.m.

Movies made from "found footage" or shot in first person view really need to have warnings so they can be avoided. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
3/16/18 11:34 p.m.

Cobweb shaker first autocross event of the season is in 9 days.  Took the monster out for her first spin today and the oil leak is bad enough to track me by.  Tomorrow I have to pull the front end apart and reseal things.  

Recon1342
Recon1342 Reader
3/17/18 1:47 a.m.
RevRico said:

Movies made from "found footage" or shot in first person view really need to have warnings so they can be avoided. 

I cannot agree with this statement enough. 

If I want to watch a film, I’d like to actually watch the film, instead of being distracted by the shoddy camera work.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/17/18 7:26 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Testify, brother.  

Flynlow
Flynlow HalfDork
3/17/18 7:28 a.m.
Furious_E said:

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Not conveniently, I think he's flying out of Dulles for whatever reason which is 2+ hours each way in good traffic. There are really a couple other options for multi-way vehicle swapping here, so there ought to be a way to work this out when everyone is in a better mood. If my FRS were out of the body shop today, like it was supposed to be, I'd just let him take that. The nuclear option is just race the FRS instead, but I'm dying to drive the RX7 and want the points in SSM.

Could you run the FRS in SSM as an underdog, just to go for points? (I don't remember the autox classes anymore).  

Alternatively, does PA have a "trip permit" option at the DMV?  Virginia does, and you can do it solely online.  Basically gives you a one time temporary registration for moving a vehicle.  

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
3/17/18 7:32 a.m.
Recon1342 said:
RevRico said:

I cannot agree with this statement enough. 

If I want to watch a film, I’d like to actually watch the film, instead of being distracted by the shoddy camera work.

Yeah, ever since "Blair Witch" it's become a thing.  The tools that made that movie somehow pulled a fast one and got millions of people to actually watch their garbage.  Now other cheapskate movie makers want some of the action.

Furious_E
3/17/18 9:59 a.m.

In reply to Flynlow :

I suppose there's no reason I couldn't run the FRS in SSM, although with my driving I need all the help I can get from the car cheeky. Really wish the FRS was 5x114 bolt pattern so I could at least throw the sticky tires on it, because the fitment otherwise works out perfectly.

Idk about the trip permit thing in PA, but my coworker and I were calling about WV trip permits yesterday for a truck he's looking to buy next weekend. I know there at least they want to see the signed title and a BOS dated on that day. Not sure "I need to drive my race car to an event" would fly as a valid excuse...

I actually have options here, just got frustrated yesterday at the headache caused by $5. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/18 10:16 a.m.

Last night was a long night. 3pm in, 3am out. On the way home, idiot in the civic behind me decided he was tired of me only doing 5 over the limit and a light turning red was the perfect opportunity for him to use the turning lane to pass. If he had waited at the light and gunned it when it went green, I would have thought less of him, but that would have been the end of it, Instead he gunned it around me, ran the red, and plowed into a delivery van that had the green.

Thanks, idiot, you just ruined your car, hurt yourself, hurt an innocent driver, and made is ALL late to get home. I did not get in till almost 5 this morning due to this asshattery

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/17/18 10:59 a.m.
mad_machine said:

Last night was a long night. 3pm in, 3am out. On the way home, idiot in the civic behind me decided he was tired of me only doing 5 over the limit and a light turning red was the perfect opportunity for him to use the turning lane to pass. If he had waited at the light and gunned it when it went green, I would have thought less of him, but that would have been the end of it, Instead he gunned it around me, ran the red, and plowed into a delivery van that had the green.

Thanks, idiot, you just ruined your car, hurt yourself, hurt an innocent driver, and made is ALL late to get home. I did not get in till almost 5 this morning due to this asshattery

Didn't your Grandmother ever tell you, "Nothing good ever happens after midnight."?

1 ... 766 767 768 769 770 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M5HYFIuQvdCZyNdaK8XlRIGdkCyKl1G3JT3VRpZi7E2hHQV84NeV5xuDgs5ogm9G