1 ... 793 794 795 796 797 ... 1926
AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/16/18 10:13 a.m.

In reply to Furious_E :

I dunno, weather online claims a good bit of rain still. 

Now my rant is trying to find suitable junk tires to drift with ASAP. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/16/18 10:32 a.m.

This "why" phase my actually be the death of me. Especially when it turns into a loop.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
5/16/18 1:38 p.m.
RevRico said:

This "why" phase my actually be the death of me. Especially when it turns into a loop.

Why would you die?  Why does something turn into a loop?

I survived my daughters.  Now, in their twenties, I have to explain why the gender wars have approached 1984 levels, and how I've spent my life accepting and welcoming new ethnic groups and languages, and now we are becoming tribal, and I think being too tribal is not a good thing, but I don't have to accept lies just because ...Oh, never mind.  "Why" was easier.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/16/18 2:28 p.m.
Sine_Qua_Non said:

Really? You have to be on my roof? berkeley!

what else is on your roof to attract the snake?

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
5/16/18 7:38 p.m.
mad_machine said:
Sine_Qua_Non said:

Really? You have to be on my roof? berkeley!

what else is on your roof to attract the snake?

If it were my roof, there'd be bullet holes to go with the snake!

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
5/17/18 11:47 a.m.

Been one of those weeks with my Ford Expedition/whole car fleet. We were supposed to take the GFs car down to Memphis (12+ hour drive), but her car had its recurring issue of valve cover bolts stripping out of the head for no reason flare up again last week, and so it was dumping oil and down for the count. 

Fine, take the Expedition. Pulling into the hotel parking lot (friend getting married), and the battery light pops on. Battery is new, so it had to be the alternator. Because it's wedding weekend and I'm 800 miles from home, take the car to a dealer saturday morning. Luckily, they really helped me out, and did get it done. Downside: It's a dealership. $.

Get back, move my 318ti to get gfs car off the street and into the driveway. Then, key won't turn in the ignition. Now, the BMW is stuck in the street. (borrowed some car dollies, and my roommates' labor to get that one resolved).

As we're moving the BMW back into the driveway, I notice a flat tire in the Expedition. Fine, throw on a spare... that was manufactured in 2001. 

Neighbor helped me air it up, but I'm getting 4 new tires now (all of them were 6-8 years old and I can't afford to not be able to get to work.

So, in one week I'm out $1k on a car I've been planning to sell soon anyway. And the passenger window/door still don't open from the inside. What a berkeleying week with a car that's on its way out the door.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/17/18 11:57 a.m.

Boss, I appreciate that you have a project you are freaking out about and want me to get started on.  I am in fact starting on it.  But in the exact same schedule slot, you yourself assigned me another project with the exact same priority.  That other project will not be done in zero time no matter how much you want it to be.  I will do what I can but I can only physically work on one task at any given time.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/17/18 11:59 a.m.

In reply to classicJackets :

I had a similar issue with my old E36 once. Stopped for coffee on the way to work one day, got back in the car, and the key just wouldn't go into the ignition...WTF?!?!? There's some pin on the back on the ignition cylinder that stops doing something it's supposed to do on its own and has to be manually reset. Should be a bunch of write ups on Bimmerforums and the like, if you haven't already figured this out yet.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
5/17/18 2:42 p.m.

Just got off the phone with Mom.

Dad's cancer is back. Been in remission probably 20 years. Don't have a good feeling about this.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/17/18 4:41 p.m.

In reply to SaltyDog :

Ive gotten that call.  Cancer is a motherberkeleyer.  Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.  :-(

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
5/17/18 4:53 p.m.

The guy that designed the front accessories drive on the duster made it damn near impossible to turn the engine with the crank bolt or set timing. 

I could really kick my own ass some days. But there is no other real solution. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/17/18 5:50 p.m.

Maybe this should go under the confession thread instead, but I've been reading this thread from page one in another tab. I'm up to page 209. I really wish I could have been around for some of the members who are no longer with us, they seem like great people, and I'm not being sarcastic when I say that.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/17/18 6:17 p.m.

...And I've lost my debit card.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
5/17/18 8:26 p.m.

Opening night for my kids youth baseball team, I hobbled out there with the torn meniscus and broken foot. Was a solid game even though they lost, but man do I hurt. Sometimes being stubborn just doesn't pay off. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/17/18 9:04 p.m.

With the rate that people wreck FR-S /BRZs, you'd think there would be more parts floating around. Beat to E36 M3 bumpers are being sold on E-Bay for $250 + $150 for shipping. Who's hoarding the bumpers?

Part duex: State Fram is only willing to fix half of a haggard bumper cover. I should have kicked it loose before I turned in the claim. Being honest gets you screwed. Lesson learned. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/17/18 10:11 p.m.

so I am sitting in a hotel room in Stevensville MD, just on the otherside of the bridge from Annapolis.. what and where are all these fellow hotel stayers coming and going to at 11pm?

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
5/17/18 11:27 p.m.
Appleseed said:

With the rate that people wreck FR-S /BRZs, you'd think there would be more parts floating around. Beat to E36 M3 bumpers are being sold on E-Bay for $250 + $150 for shipping. Who's hoarding the bumpers?

Part duex: State Fram is only willing to fix half of a haggard bumper cover. I should have kicked it loose before I turned in the claim. Being honest gets you screwed. Lesson learned. 

Man every one around here even the tarted up ones seem to be driven by grannies.  Just once.  Once.  I'd love to hear one go around an intersection in 2nd or peel out from a light.  But no.  It's like you took a 180 of every cars and coffee Mustang owner and made them drive a Toybaru twin.  Boring boring people.  I grew up in the north of Ireland with the 'Twin Cam' crowd none of this 'Jackie Chan Bollocks'/Initial D bollocks (ref. below).  The intersections had more doughnuts than House of Pain had raps such were the shenanigans of 'Twin Cam' owners.

So given my perspective on Toybaru owners they don't wreck them around here.

Now for the none of this Initial D bollocks or 'Jackie Chan Bollocks". smiley 

In the video the trainees are the Toybaru owners the shell suit comedian is the true 'Twin Cam' owner.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
5/17/18 11:30 p.m.
mad_machine said:

so I am sitting in a hotel room in Stevensville MD, just on the otherside of the bridge from Annapolis.. what and where are all these fellow hotel stayers coming and going to at 11pm?

Soon to be former roommate has a house out there I should ask him.  But he's a former MPD.  Last time I asked an MPD about why there was all these coming and goings at a DC park I got a XXX answer.  Best not knowing. cool

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
5/17/18 11:55 p.m.

Not really a rant but a Honda Pilot in uber liberal rural/still in the city NW DC charged into the gap whilst we went between cars.  I slowed down almost to a stop he charged on and then I heard the whap of progressive yuppie SUV wing mirror on wing mirror.  Had a laugh watching him pull over to go back and check the damage I had already seen didn't exist.  Instead of being a macho driver in an appliance he should just push his kids stroller more assertively or really tacticool click down the child seat into the stroller or macho lift the less than 30lbs of plastic. Feminized males. angry

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
5/18/18 2:53 a.m.

People that think about politics too much   are weird. 

Furious_E
5/18/18 7:46 a.m.
nutherjrfan said:
Appleseed said:

Man every one around here even the tarted up ones seem to be driven by grannies.  Just once.  Once.  I'd love to hear one go around an intersection in 2nd or peel out from a light.  But no.  It's like you took a 180 of every cars and coffee Mustang owner and made them drive a Toybaru twin.  Boring boring people.  I grew up in the north of Ireland with the 'Twin Cam' crowd none of this 'Jackie Chan Bollocks'/Initial D bollocks (ref. below).  The intersections had more doughnuts than House of Pain had raps such were the shenanigans of 'Twin Cam' owners.

So given my perspective on Toybaru owners they don't wreck them around here.

Now for the none of this Initial D bollocks or 'Jackie Chan Bollocks". smiley 

In the video the trainees are the Toybaru owners the shell suit comedian is the true 'Twin Cam' owner.

So my twin has a twin at work. The same week I bought my FRS we had some 20ish kid with a BRZ in exactly the same color start working here as well. This kid would not disappoint you. He has a habit of sitting in the parking lot and revving the piss out of his car (which is an automatic, for the record) for several minutes before peeling out into the street. Fortunately, his car is pretty easily distinguished from mine be even the lay person by the big ass windshield banner, splitter, and super ricey wheels. 

Now that's not to say that I drive like a granny, but I also prefer not to make an ass of myself in front of my employer. 

Furious_E
5/18/18 7:48 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

Weather is not looking good for tomorrow.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
5/18/18 8:03 a.m.

Did the Flyin Miata ND LSx swap thread go away? Why can't I find it?

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
5/18/18 8:19 a.m.

I don't know how to wear a button-up shirt. Blousing it out like a Saved-By-The-Bell character looks ridiculous in 2018. But tucking it in tightly doesn't work because it pulls out if I have to reach for something on a shelf. In between looks messy and circumferentially non-uniform. I want winter to come back so I can wear a sweater to work again.

Maybe this goes in the first-world problems thread.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
5/18/18 8:43 a.m.

In reply to JamesMcD :

I'm 180 lbs and 6'-1". I've found different stores have different sizes. Some of the best fit ones are the Tall Mediums (usually online order only from Eddie Bower) or the kid stores like Hollister have slim fits or modern fits. It seems to help minimize the pull-outs... if you will.

1 ... 793 794 795 796 797 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LuK13Y8ibm46ER08N0WnMUB74neyQW7p4xivcR0erv4e0dgY2yv8kd10OfAeY5Sz