1 ... 794 795 796 797 798 ... 1927
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/18 8:11 p.m.

last upgrade of win10 saw a new partition added to my HD. All 498mb of it. Now I get constant reminders that "disk E" is almost full

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/18/18 8:35 p.m.
RossD said:

Did the Flyin Miata ND LSx swap thread go away? Why can't I find it?

This one?

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/18 8:41 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
RevRico said:

This "why" phase my actually be the death of me. Especially when it turns into a loop.

Why would you die?  Why does something turn into a loop?

Arg.  Sorry, had an otaku moment.

(there's this thing with people dying and time loops and stuff, and, okay, it's kind of like The Matrix in how it combines action with philosophy, except with disarmingly cute art instead of goth chic, ok?)

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/18/18 8:45 p.m.
RevRico said:

Maybe this should go under the confession thread instead, but I've been reading this thread from page one in another tab. I'm up to page 209. I really wish I could have been around for some of the members who are no longer with us, they seem like great people, and I'm not being sarcastic when I say that.

I'm now completely caught up to current.

My takeaways: I'm exceedingly happy I have never had an interest in marriage, I really wish I could have known Curmudgeon, and some thoughts, well I should probably keep to myself. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
5/18/18 8:46 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:
RossD said:

Did the Flyin Miata ND LSx swap thread go away? Why can't I find it?

This one?

Thanks!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/18 8:52 p.m.

In reply to JamesMcD :

I’m short but I always by tall shirts for work so they stay tucked in if I have to climb on or under something. I learned that early on when I was on the news sliding out from under a bus with my shirt halfway up my back. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/20/18 11:48 a.m.

if we get any more rain, I am going to wind up like Kevin Costner from Waterworld.

warpedredneck
warpedredneck Reader
5/20/18 4:36 p.m.

Shiney, happy douche nozzles, who drive 60 kph (40 mph) in an 80kph (50mph) zone, and speed up too 110 when you get a chance to pass them, but slow immediately to 60 when you get a double line or oncoming traffic!

all i have to say its a good thing for the douche nozzle  that my kids were with me, or else i would have dumped the ass hat ass in the ditch.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
5/20/18 4:37 p.m.

All four cars in my personal fleet now have check engine lights on.  Maybe that belongs in first world problems.

Turbine
Turbine GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/20/18 10:30 p.m.

Replaced the motor and trans mounts in my e36 this weekend. Bimmerworld group N motor mounts and RE trans mounts.  Everything seemed to go smooth until I started the car. I’ve ridden in cars with solid mounts that vibrate less. I rechecked the torque specs, but couldn’t get a torque wrench on the upper trans mount bolts so I guessed. No change whatsoever. 

On top of it all, it looks like my oil pan gasket or rear main seal is leaking. 

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
5/20/18 10:44 p.m.

Plumbing.

Plumbing to me, is like snakes to Indiana Jones. One solution. Overkill. (spoiler alert - as of now, the plumbing is STILL winning! grr.)

My master half bath (aka the wife's bathroom) has had a water leak with the faucet for a while. Finally became intolerable, because if left unattended, it could start causing damage to the house. No worries, I find a matching faucet on Amazon (because the ones at my local stores, which I like to support, are just utilitarian.) Got new braided supply lines after church and figured it should be a straightforward swap. I put the faucet in 17 years ago, it has been left alone since then. Pedestal sink, access is OK. I have all the tools I should need.

- After the supply lines are removed, the plastic nuts that hold the faucet down to the sink will not budge. After a few choice words, I end up breaking out a chisel and just snap them, amazingly, without damaging the sink!

- The new faucet comes with a new drain. I decide to install that too. Unfortunately, the old trap is corroded and gunky to the point that i cannot in good conscience reuse it, and in fact, it has nuts that are frozen and by now, no longer sealing the 'slip' joints that plumbing drains use.

- At this point, I realize the sink bolts (toggle bolts with large washers+ rubber washers) are loose, and it's not going to be worth fighting with them. I can get them loose, so break out the bolt cutters and just remove them. Lift the sink off the pedestal, and it's off like a shot to Lowes (local store is closed now). Pick up new drain lines, 1/4" Toggler wall anchors, 1/4"x20 hex head bolts to reattach the sink. If you haven't used the Toggler Snap-Toggles before, they are amazing, http://www.toggler.com/

- Cleaned out the sink and I used the Fast Orange tip from a couple weeks ago to clean the lime and crud from where  the old faucet was. It worked pretty well. Mounted the new faucet to the sink.

- The sink mounting didn't give me any trouble other than needing one person to hold it while I ran the hex bolts in. And it's solid.

- supply lines would be easy, but left for last. No reason to hool up a water source till I have a drain!. The drain drops to an extension (new, purchased on the second trip) then a J trap, then to the wall behind the sink. I use all the new nuts and angled washers, and it seems together. Tighten using channel-locks, and time for the supply lines. No issues there.

- the new faucet warranty states it will be void unless the faucet is flushed for a minute without the aerator... OK, good test for thr drain anyway, and. ARGH &*%^*()&! the drain is NOT holding water. The joint in the J trap is leaking, and as I look further, the extension pipe seperated from the drain when I was getting everything connected. Sigh.

- Adjust all drain stuff. Replace included rubber washer from J-trap kit with nylon one. Tighten all nuts again. and run water for a few minutes... dryness. Done!

.....took a while in the garage to put all the tools away (a rarity for me, but I'm trying to be better about that) and do some garage organization.

...then until she comes up for bed and there's a puddle on the floor because the J trap is STILL leaking. I just want to break stuff at this point. SOOOOO frustrating.

PLUMBING!!

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
5/20/18 10:59 p.m.

If the place you worship, or the place you used to worship feels like an organization, they’re doing it wrong. It should be an organism. We visited our old group and it was plastic, hollow, some great individuals but just a big place where folks check in and out. Glad we’re not there anymore frankly.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/20/18 11:26 p.m.

Anxiety can suck my ass! I've never dealt with anything that is so debilitating, confusing or frustrating. It seems so simple on the surface but it doesn't make sense at all.

sad

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/20/18 11:27 p.m.
warpedredneck said:

Shiney, happy douche nozzles, who drive 60 kph (40 mph) in an 80kph (50mph) zone, and speed up too 110 when you get a chance to pass them, but slow immediately to 60 when you get a double line or oncoming traffic!

all i have to say its a good thing for the douche nozzle  that my kids were with me, or else i would have dumped the ass hat ass in the ditch.

In situations like this the bump and run should be socially acceptable and encouraged. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
5/21/18 7:15 a.m.

The carport has turned into a dumpster fire. 

I hate depending on others to do things for me. Its a wonder some places stay in business. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/21/18 8:41 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:

Rain all weekend. Guess I'm not bringing out the challenge car to Carlisle. 

Plus side is, hopefully I'll just toss the miata around the track and drift it a bit. 

Not sure why I was stressing out so much about this weekend. It went really well overall!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/21/18 11:27 a.m.

Why must all the mobile word processing apps charge to print on my own damn printer? I can print from chrome and recipe apps for free, why should I pay you for the privilege of printing on my own Wi-Fi printer?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/21/18 11:49 a.m.

Looks like the plan of SWMBO and I joining forces to acquire a house of our own will not work. She has bad enough credit, that my near perfect scores will not pull through on its own. On my own, what I make, verses what I owe on the FR-S has sunk that .

The looming spectre of homelessness is now very real.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/21/18 11:52 a.m.
RevRico said:

Why must all the mobile word processing apps charge to print on my own damn printer? I can print from chrome and recipe apps for free, why should I pay you for the privilege of printing on my own Wi-Fi printer?

You are using the free version of the app, I assume?

The reason you can print for free from Chrome or a recipe app is that you didn't use either of them to generate the content.  If you're using the free word processing app and you can do everything, what reason would you ever have to pay for their product?

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/21/18 12:30 p.m.

I've been trying to fix my credit score after being unemployed for 4 months last year. I had an account in collections reported to Experian that is not mine. Its under the "HIGH IMPACT ZOMG" category. I filed a claim to get it removed since it wasn't my debt.

Three hours later I get an email stating that yes, it was an error and they had removed that account.

How much did my score improve from removing that "High Impact" collection account?

1 berkeleying point angry

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
5/21/18 12:43 p.m.

If I tell you you are not pulling your weight, don't get all huffy leave in the middle of the conversation then pull even less weight to show how mad you are. Especially when I was told to tell you to put your big boy pants on as people above are watching you. .

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
5/21/18 12:55 p.m.

I'm not allowed to take nsaid medications right now because of the broken bone in my foot. The ankle and knee joint pain hurts worse then the broken bone at this point 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
5/21/18 1:01 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Well if your homeless ass winds up in Central Texas you have a very uncomfortable couch to sleep on.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/21/18 1:22 p.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

Thanks, buddy.

Don't everyone think that I have no gainful employment. I do. So I ain't gonna go hungry.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/21/18 1:28 p.m.
wearymicrobe said:

If I tell you you are not pulling your weight, don't get all huffy leave in the middle of the conversation then pull even less weight to show how mad you are. Especially when I was told to tell you to put your big boy pants on as people above are watching you. .

That sounds like a person you should let crash and burn on their own merits, unless you were the one who hired them.

1 ... 794 795 796 797 798 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MiufxWyC2hiAS8328ShXd1q8yz8P0vjULQQHeGfU4nnQqtSkQfNl4o2WdqAmekf8