1 ... 796 797 798 799 800 ... 1926
Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
5/26/18 7:44 p.m.

Pretty sure I broke my pinky toe this morning. The dog startled me and I kicked the bathroom door right in the end. Ripped the toenail off and now that I'm home the pinky toe is very swollen and I've got a really nasty bruise on the bottom side. Perfect thing to happen just before vacation.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
5/26/18 9:03 p.m.

Went to a cookout today that got really awkward when an ex of one of the participants showed up.  People, relationships come and go.  When they come to an end, be mature and move forward like a berkeleying adult.   Respect for self and others is an admirable trait.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/26/18 9:11 p.m.

It wasn't your ex was it? 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
5/26/18 10:28 p.m.

Ha!  No chance of that, i’m on poor terms with just two of my exes and don’t circulate in either of their circles.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/26/18 11:07 p.m.

So...that's a minor win, then.laugh

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/18 11:21 p.m.
Stefan said:

In reply to mad_machine :

Find another place to work.  That place has rot from the top down and will never, ever get better until it collapses on itself.

Being owned by MGM, it will never collapse. On the good news front, my immediate supervisor was asking about my working 6 days. I told him no. I do not mind the occasional 6 day week, but I do not want to be consistently scheduled for 48 hour weeks plus the OT that comes with loading shows in and out. I realize that in entertainment it happens, it's part of the job, but I do not want to be scheduled for a 6th day when all my to list says is "projects"

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
5/27/18 3:25 a.m.
T.J. said:

Tommy Robinson was arrested this morning. Worse yet, is that several 'news' sites have dissappeared their articles about it, so it is almost like it never even happened. 

That's a tough one for me because well he's English which automatically means he's a wanker but goodness I don't think we summarily executed German infiltrators during the Battle of the Bulge as quickly as he was convicted by the judge and the news blackout jiminy if only the squareheads/Paris buns could just do the same for royal weddings.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
5/27/18 3:49 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
T.J. said:

Tommy Robinson was arrested this morning. Worse yet, is that several 'news' sites have dissappeared their articles about it, so it is almost like it never even happened. 

First, I had to google what a Tommy Robinson was, and then I found a never ending supply of stories about his being arrested for some sort of douchebaggery outside a court.

Yes. Douchebaggery. Outside of a court. Citizen journalists are mega arseholes. But. Did you at least notice what he was highlighting?  Gnarly stuff. Despicable stuff. He's possibly a massive E36 M3head himself but why tippy toe around the crimes being prosecuted within? I don't remember McVeigh being protected by a cone of silence lest prejudice enter the process. Different country I know.indecision

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
5/27/18 12:18 p.m.

Just replaced smoke detector batteries in my houe and my folks. 

The rant: why the E36 M3ty mounts? Why cant i get one with a stud and a wing nut? Shouldn't have take 2 hours.....

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/18 5:05 p.m.

Note to self - don't mess about with your tow vehicle on the weekend if you have to tow your car to the track on Wednesday.

Yay me, my inverse Midas touch struck again.

I had planned to service my truck last weekend - it's an old Powerstroke and both the oil change and more importantly, the fuel filter change, had been overdue. But I had to work part of last weekend at short notice, and the one item that had to give in was the service work on the truck. Yes, I should've known better.

Pulled the fuel filter out this afternoon (and yes, it was well overdue a change), only to discover that someone (not me) had messed up the threads on the stand pipe/fuel check valve that goes into the filter. I guess the stand pipe coming out with the filter was a bit of a clue, especially as the standpipe has a left hand thread and the fuel filter doesn't.

So I'll be standing in line at the parts counter at the local Ford dealer on Tuesday as soon as they open in the hope that they have the parts I need. If they don't I won't have the truck back together in time for the tow, and thanks to some other unplanned expenses I don't have the cash to rent a tow vehicle as I already have to rent a trailer.

At least I should be able to get my entry fee back if I cancel on Tuesday.

Oh, and I had to drive the Mini again as I've disabled the truck, and now of course my clutch foot is complaining again. Which is just the berkeleying icing on the cake.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/18 5:14 p.m.

In reply to dropstep :

Wish you the best, my GRM brother!

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/27/18 7:52 p.m.

3rd consecutive weekend of auto x today and the RX7 decides not to start this morning with a dead battery. Try rolling it down the hill in my driveway to pop start it to no avail, just grumbles and doesnt really want to fire. E36 M3, battery must be really dead.  Pull the FRS up and try to jump it, turns over really weak a couple times and goes flat. Keep charging it, keep charging it. Battery just wont take enough juice quick enough to start it.

Power to the door lights keeps flickering on and off now, like the 200A breaker is making intermittant connection. This is not surprising to me, because the little reset lever fell off weeks ago and got stuck under the battery (mounted in the passenger side storage bin) and instead of fishing it out i instead mangled the switch with a pair of vice grips. Also of note, I had been disconnecting the breaker every time I parked the car due to an intermittant issue with the battery draining overnight. Only happened a handful of times, but apparently last night had to be one of them. Of course I drove the car the past two days and it was fine frown

At this point, the clock is ticking and I've come to a decision point: skip at least the morning and fix the RX7, or take the FRS. I slapped the numbers on the Scion and said berkeley it, deciding to run SSM anyways to pick up any points I could. 

Pissed me off big time this morning, but actually turned out to be a good day. I got to auto x the FRS for the first time and its a way easier car to drive so I was able to focus morre on my driving, rather than also worrying about sorting the car. Obviously way uncompetitive in SSM, not that the Mazda or I am either at this point, but I was only 1-2s off the DS Twins on RE-71s with my chinesium all seasons. 

And talk about first world problems,  I couldn't auto x my one sports car today, so I took the other one instead, wah wah wah cheeky

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/28/18 11:25 a.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan :

I predict he will be killed in prison. 

The UK Stasi is currently able to do what they want and also prohibit the media from reporting on it. 

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/28/18 11:39 a.m.
dropstep said:

Being off work and stuck inside 80% of the time is starting to cause some depression issues. Normally I wouldn't share that on the internet but my wife and kids have enough to deal with. Hopefully June 14th I get medically cleared.

Dude, I'm sorry.  I go completely nuts when stuck inside.  Have you heard of Garage 54 on youtube?  If not, here's something to break the monotony:

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/18 12:03 p.m.
T.J. said:

In reply to nutherjrfan :

I predict he will be killed in prison. 

The UK Stasi is currently able to do what they want and also prohibit the media from reporting on it. 

Do they have the Aryan Brotherhood in prison over there? If so, he should be quite safe.

Also, most of the plentiful articles I can find about it are from British newspapers.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
5/28/18 1:19 p.m.

And somehow someone got a hold of my debit card information and now I get to go to the bank tomorrow and see how this is going too work out. Losing money always sucks, it really sucks when your income is currently half it's normal. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/18 2:25 p.m.
dropstep said:

And somehow someone got a hold of my debit card information and now I get to go to the bank tomorrow and see how this is going too work out. Losing money always sucks, it really sucks when your income is currently half it's normal. 

Skimmer on an ATM. It even gets computer security professionals who know quite well how to look for them, like myself last month, and this guy. I'm pretty sure the one that got me was installed INSIDE the ATM. I checked all the machines I used before the money started disappearing, and they all had the anti-skimming hardware on the outside.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
5/28/18 4:54 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:
dropstep said:

Skimmer on an ATM. It even gets computer security professionals who know quite well how to look for them, like myself last month, and this guy. I'm pretty sure the one that got me was installed INSIDE the ATM. I checked all the machines I used before the money started disappearing, and they all had the anti-skimming hardware on the outside.

Just weird since I hadn't used my card in 2 months. My wife's card gets used all the time. Bank already cancelled the card via there fraud line and started a dispute on the charge's. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
5/28/18 5:02 p.m.

There is a special place in hell for the guy that designed the 88-98 chevy truck door

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/29/18 1:05 a.m.

I just posted 7 things on Craigslist. I'm waiting for my phone to start sounding like the high score in Galaga.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/29/18 8:56 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:
dropstep said:

[I work for a company that makes, among other things, fraud products/services for the financial industry. Prior to this I was in corporate Risk Management at a bank]

The skimmers are really, really good .Even with the anti-skimming hardware on the outside, the fraudsters can get around them. And they have cameras there too--usually the camera is about the size of a credit card, twice as thick, and made of the same plastic as the rest of the ATM. You'd never notice it. Or it is on a wall behind it. The skimmers are really well attached. I have seen them where I grabbed them and pulled, putting my whole 200lbs into it, and I could barely get it to budge. It just barely moved, and snapped back into place. 

The one that got you likely was not internal to the ATM; much more likely is that someone was watching the ATM from a nearby parking lot, and after about an hour, went and grabbed it and moved it on to another. They good fraudsters don't typically leave them on any particular ATM for very long. 

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
5/29/18 6:56 p.m.

One of our pet rabbits passed away last night. He was the first pet my wife and I had together - we had him for 7 years, and he was at least 2 or 3 when we got him from the shelter. He had a good long life, but it still sucks.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/30/18 7:52 a.m.

I really should have just called in sick today and gone back to sleep... apparently when I loaded up a table we borrowed from my work this morning I spaced on closing the gate across our driveway and our dog got out. Thankfully while he of course wanted to go explore the front yard he came back in when the Dancer saw him out front and called him- but she's (unsurprisingly) very upset at me about it since it could have been a lot worse.

Makes what I initially came here to rant about- an eye exam yesterday that says I need bifocals- even more minor. frown

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
5/30/18 7:55 a.m.

An hour of my life to flaky training videos that wont let me take the test. berkeleying technology.....

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/30/18 8:06 a.m.

Forgot to pay the waterbill. It won't hit my credit, but it was $10 extra that I didn't need to spend.

1 ... 796 797 798 799 800 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cWCvKuRZrS2eskAFxALnYtIdGEhqrpku3QfPDIZNJ9Cw48PJW5zDnA7VJot10wMq