1 ... 806 807 808 809 810 ... 1929
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/17/18 10:29 a.m.
kazoospec said:

The internet has convinced my son that an otter is an acceptable pet. 

it otter be!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/17/18 12:04 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Damn, well, that does suck. You wear a Miata as much as sit in it, so you don’t have a ton of options about position. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/17/18 12:12 p.m.
kazoospec said:

The internet has convinced my son that an otter is an acceptable pet. 

My wife, too. She can’t decide if she wants an otter or a fennic fox more. 

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
6/17/18 12:41 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Don't tell them about Capybaras.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/17/18 8:21 p.m.

ok.. I am done with this week. Yesterday I lost a friend to a horrible motorcycle accident, today my 95 year old grandmother trips getting up a kerb, falls, and breaks a hip.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/17/18 8:47 p.m.

Just got my new tablet up and running.

Dammit gboard, where is my permanent number row?

and can't take pictures smaller than 5 megapixel?  tablet is useless.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
6/17/18 9:02 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

Very sorry for the loss of your friend and best wishes for your grandmother's recovery.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/17/18 10:15 p.m.

When you go to order something online, and you have to put in the year, make, model and trim of your car, and despite doing that, the query still returns a bunch of results that you know won't work on your car.

I don't need 319mm front rotors. I need 338mm front rotors. They are not the same, and 319mm rotors are not an exact fit. Shut up, you're wrong. Now, I have to click on every rotor to see what diameter they actually are.

Oh, wait. More than half of them don't actually list the size of the rotor at all. They have the size of the berkeleying BOX IT SHIPS IN.

I guess brick and mortar stores are still good for some things after all. I'll be heading down to my local one after work tomorrow. 

But I swear if they have to order the parts, I'm going to buy it online, anyhow, given that my local brick and mortar is the corporate office and local distribution center for the region. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/18/18 1:03 a.m.

<Edited by moderator> Political part removed.

---

This was not directed at anyone or any post on this board, this was prompted by a discussion today with friends that are a whole lot less open minded than they think they are. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/18/18 1:14 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

Us verses them is what keep the machine running.

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish New Reader
6/18/18 7:15 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

I was in a parts store this weekend to buy brake line and fittings.  I was there for an hour and ended up leaving without getting all the stuff I needed.  It was painful how unhelpful the staff was, not for lack of effort, they just didn't know anything or where anything was.  On top of that, their prices are double the prices on Amazon.  I got home and ordered the stuff I needed on Amazon Prime.  Now I have to take stuff back to the local store.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/18/18 8:03 a.m.

Our local grocery store apparently no longer stocks Lava soap, Fast Orange, or anything capable of taking off anywhere near the kind of grease I typically get on me when wrenching heavily on the cars. Furthermore, they've recently rearranged the whole store and did such ridiculous things as put 'cleaning for men' and 'cleaning for women' in completely separate (as in, not even on opposite sides of the same one...) aisles. I mean, what the heck? Did you get THAT many guys complaining that they accidently bought girly-smelling shampoo or soap, or women picking up Brut or Old Spice without realizing it? And if you ARE going to make a whole separate section for 'cleaning for men' you should DAMN WELL have Lava soap in it.

Ashyukun (Robert)
6/18/18 8:10 a.m.

In reply to bigeyedfish :

I have really mixed results with the parts stores around me, and it heavily weighs on which staff are working there are the time. The one closest to me used to have several really good employees that knew their stuff really well- the last two times I went in looking for a specific loaner tool the new guys spent forever trying to find and then came back with the wrong one. Still no way around them for things you need in a hurry though... I had to drive half an hour away yesterday to the (semi-local) hub store for one of them which was the only place in several hours radius that had a short hose that had been damaged swapping the Mariner's engine. It sucked (though thankfully the Dancer needed to run an errand on that side of town as well) but it was the different between having the vehicle back together and drivable today vs. it sitting for another day or two until Amazon of RA could get the part to me.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
6/18/18 8:13 a.m.

The AC in my truck died Friday, the Miata is causing me migraines, I have far too many things to do at work today, and I have absolutely zero give a berkeley.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/18/18 8:23 a.m.

Broke my old, comfy glasses. Replacement temples  (arms) are $ 50. New spare glasses are giving me a headache. Contacts are dried up. Today is going to suck.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/18/18 8:42 a.m.

I'm starting to realize that I am well and truly overwhelmed. Too much going on, too many things on my plate.

bustedplug
bustedplug New Reader
6/18/18 8:54 a.m.

Saabaru p0303 p0304 ... that is all.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/18/18 9:05 a.m.
dculberson said:

I'm starting to realize that I am well and truly overwhelmed. Too much going on, too many things on my plate.

Sounds familiar. 

If I could get the wife to stop dragging home pointless baby stuff, I might be able to get ahead. But she seems to think that the baby needs every trinket imaginable. My goodwill runs are never ending. We need to stop buying E36 M3 so that I can keep the house clean.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/18/18 9:08 a.m.

Also, anybody think this is a dangerous move? We've got boxes of clothes that haven't been worn since we moved. I'm already 90% of the way through mine--most have gone out of the house, some to the basement as "work clothes", but hers haven't been touched. She says she'll get to it soon. Well, they haven't been worn in nearly 2 years. There is no chance they'll ever be worn again, right? She'll never fit into half of them again after the pregnancy*! Can I just toss em without telling her? 

No, that is a dumb idea. I like living. 

*This is not a weight thing either. I can just guarantee that she will not be fitting into a t-shirt she wore in highschool. Things have changed. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/18/18 10:00 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Maybe we should set up a gathering at BeerBarons new place?

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
6/18/18 10:42 a.m.

And I'm off work for 4 more weeks. My wife's going to shank me if I keep annoying her at this pace.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/18/18 12:41 p.m.

Did a little bit of work in the garage yesterday. Changed a headlight lamp on the Manic Miata - how hard could it be, right?  Pretty damn hard when you kick your 5-ton floor jack with your bare foot.

My right pinkie toe is about the size of my thumb, and about the color of a week-old plum. Stupid. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/18 12:47 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

Our local grocery store apparently no longer stocks Lava soap, Fast Orange, or anything capable of taking off anywhere near the kind of grease I typically get on me when wrenching heavily on the cars. Furthermore, they've recently rearranged the whole store and did such ridiculous things as put 'cleaning for men' and 'cleaning for women' in completely separate (as in, not even on opposite sides of the same one...) aisles. I mean, what the heck? Did you get THAT many guys complaining that they accidently bought girly-smelling shampoo or soap, or women picking up Brut or Old Spice without realizing it? And if you ARE going to make a whole separate section for 'cleaning for men' you should DAMN WELL have Lava soap in it.

Oh my this. The easy to get to drugstore does this crap.

Body wash "for men" is just like "women's razors".  Same product, gender-specific marketing, 50% markup.

i get my soap and shampoo in the "women's" aisle because the 99 cent shampoo and the five dollar Giant Tankard o' Dove have worked just fine on me in the past.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/18/18 1:09 p.m.
Aaron_King said:

In reply to dculberson :

Maybe we should set up a gathering at BeerBarons new place?

That would be awesome! If I can make it! The kids keep me pretty hopping by themselves...

@Duke: Sorry to hear about the toe. But... WEAR SHOES IN THE SHOP! Jeez. I'm uneasy sometimes in running shoes, prefer to be in boots. It's just not a place you want to be barefoot in.

Ashyukun (Robert)
6/18/18 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I don't mind some of the body wash 'for men'- I could generally care less what it smells like as long as it keeps me from smelling horrible, but the Dancer likes the more 'masculine' scents they use so I'm not going to begrudge paying a bit more so my wife thinks I smell great. They also seem to be much more keen on making Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash combos 'for men' which is fine by me because the less bottles I had to deal with the better. It just annoys me that the ONE kind of soap I would think that they could have to have in a 'soap for men' section is not there...

1 ... 806 807 808 809 810 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oEWidGuGS5cBaPXfKIck6wXuyEJqvy3QJHl6LfPnMdTw7cZvQF03WOTgka3jvidF