1 ... 807 808 809 810 811 ... 1927
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/18/18 1:37 p.m.

If there aren't at least 15 bottles of shampoo in the shower, double check,  because you're probably not dating a female.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/18/18 1:43 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

cheeky

Bottles of shampoo? Not to many. Now, bottles of frilly-smelling lotion, body spray, etc? TONS of those. I swear, when I had long hair I think I had more hair care products than she uses...

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/18/18 2:39 p.m.

I think someone snuck into our house and took a photo of the bathroom when I was still married to the Ex-SWMBO:

Not pictured:

The 30 bottles of shampoo/conditioner/body wash/face wash/foot wash/razors/etc stuffed into the shower stall.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/18/18 3:07 p.m.

I cannot figure out what I want to do. Last week I was set on finding a Lexus GS and having that as my only vehicle. This week, I'm waffling between grabbing whatever I can find for $3,500 or less and living with that as my only car; putting the proceeds of the sales of the rest of the vehicles towards the loan on the wife's new car (or else the baby's 529 or our IRAs). 

I really wish that I didn't care about cars. It'd be so easy to do. Maybe I'll just get a Lexus ES. I dunno.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/18 3:13 p.m.

So, I asked a young man working at Goodwill if he wanted a job. He's probably making minimum wage and I'm paying close to twice that.

His response? How hard is it and is it in the A/C? frown

I guess he's staying at Goodwill. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/18/18 4:00 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I'll throw my nice wheels and tires on my GS and sell it to you for $3000. Bonus is I can deliver it to Chicago in about a month. Minus is it has 275k miles or so but I would trust it to drive cross country. I'll even fix the couple little issues it has right now. (Stereo not working, I'll retrofit. climate control actuators need replaced.)

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/18/18 4:05 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to mtn :

I'll throw my nice wheels and tires on my GS and sell it to you for $3000. Bonus is I can deliver it to Chicago in about a month. Minus is it has 275k miles or so but I would trust it to drive cross country. I'll even fix the couple little issues it has right now. (Stereo not working, I'll retrofit. climate control actuators need replaced.)

Sending you a PM. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/18 6:58 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

In reply to Appleseed :

cheeky

Bottles of shampoo? Not to many. Now, bottles of frilly-smelling lotion, body spray, etc? TONS of those. I swear, when I had long hair I think I had more hair care products than she uses...

I do, in fact, have long hair.  99 cent bottle of shampoo, 99 cent bottle of conditioner so I don't generate some sort of mega-knot-fro-thing, because my hair is so unruly that a ponytail is the sensible option, and I'm good for 2-3 weeks.

(Seriously.  You should have seen it when I tried to have short hair.  It was like Albert Einstein and Nikola Tesla had a kid, and that kid mated with a sheep, and out popped me)

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/18 7:01 p.m.
Toyman01 said:

So, I asked a young man working at Goodwill if he wanted a job. He's probably making minimum wage and I'm paying close to twice that.

His response? How hard is it and is it in the A/C? frown

I guess he's staying at Goodwill. 

It was in the 90s today inside the shop, with humidity enough that it was condensiing on the floor.  I'm thinking that kid is smarter than I am right now.

In related news, teh RX-7 needs a clutch, an oil change, a transmission, and some drivetrain geometry re-engineering,but somehow sitting here at home in the air conditioning is a higher priority.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
6/18/18 7:58 p.m.

4 hours in the driveway pulling the dadh. With 95% humidity anx a heat index of 104.

berkeley this noise...

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/18/18 8:29 p.m.

The parts store *did* have what I needed, and the counter guy understood immediately why I needed the 338mm front disk and not the 319mm front disk.

I've taken to buying the body wash at Lidil. It's a buck, my wife likes the smell and it works. If I need a really good degreasing, I use Dawn mixed in with some of the play sand I keep around for different things.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
6/18/18 8:41 p.m.

Listed my runabout on CL this morning. Got a text within an hour, an email within 2 hours and a 2nd text within 3. yesyesyes

email guy wants to come see it, we just need to sync our schedules.yes

1st text gal and her family came to see it tonight, like it and want to bring the dad to look it over.yes

2nd text guy is in the next STATE, and has sent 15+ texts asking for info that is in the ad or for a picture of something clearly shown in the ad!  no (Imagine 14 addition thumbs down here)

Funny how one bad "buyer" overshadows the good ones. And it's only been on CL for 10 hours. I Hate dealing with MOST people! And don't get me started on ebay buyers!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/18 10:57 p.m.

So replacing the input on the intake did not fix my Disco's CEL. According to the codes, the injectors are unable to compensate for the amount of air getting into the engine and both sides are lean. This means it is somewhere in the intake. 20k miles ago I had a new engine put in and all new gaskets were used to install the intake onto the heads.. so this makes it sound like a hose.

In playing with the hoses, I discovered that one was only held in place with a plastic zip/wire tie instead of $2 hose clamp. It came right off of the intake when I tugged at it. I am really getting sick and tired of fixing the shortcuts the "mechanic" who put the engine in did.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/18/18 11:15 p.m.

If 25% of the things I do each day work out, its a good day. Right now we're hovering around 11%.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/19/18 5:01 a.m.

You're a video on demand service. Wouldn't it make sense to, I don't know, let people buy/rent/stream your videos straight from your website?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
6/19/18 7:20 a.m.
mad_machine said:

So replacing the input on the intake did not fix my Disco's CEL. According to the codes, the injectors are unable to compensate for the amount of air getting into the engine and both sides are lean. This means it is somewhere in the intake. 20k miles ago I had a new engine put in and all new gaskets were used to install the intake onto the heads.. so this makes it sound like a hose.

Or a bad mass air sensor, or a bad oxygen sensor, or a weak fuel pump, or a bad fuel pressure regulator, or...

Ashyukun (Robert)
6/19/18 7:52 a.m.

There are some days when I honestly wish that I either wasn't as good at as many things as I am or that I was better at telling the wife, "No- I just spent 3 full days in the hot sun fixing your car, I'm going to spend an evening relaxing," instead of working on something else for her on the computer until 11:30 at night.

At least I was able to ride my bike in to work today- I really do need the ability to vent physically (man do I miss doing Kendo...) as well as mentally. Hopefully with rehearsals now running later into the evening I can try and diagnose what is wrong with the Rampage's ignition circuit and bring it back into the land of running vehicles...

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/19/18 8:46 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

I've been there, man. I've been there.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/18 8:57 a.m.

Got a new water pump put on the Corolla - turns out the leak was the water pump gasket and not the pump itself, so I didn't actually need to buy a new one - and after the 2nd attempt at putting it on and having it seal properly, this time with FIPG instead of an actual gasket, it springs another leak...possibly from something nearby and possibly even from the FIPG'd seal. And then the alternator fails. Just great.

I am just so sore and tired this week. Probably because some company in the nearby industrial park has an alarm that goes off many times every night anywhere from midnight to 5am. Oh and did you know that if you're cutting your toenails and one of them tears, that could immediately put you at risk of getting an ingrown toenail? True story. And the 24-hour offroad rally is this weekend. I already feel almost as E36 M3ty as if I'd just finished one.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/18 8:59 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
mad_machine said:

Or a bad mass air sensor, or a bad oxygen sensor, or a weak fuel pump, or a bad fuel pressure regulator, or...

Mass Air sensors and O2 sensors are new as of last fall. I even had to buy OEM o2 sensors from Rover as my disco hated the aftermarket ones.

What is odd, it is not running bad at all. no misses, no hesitation, no bad idle. If not for the CEL, I would never know something was wrong. That hose though, when it came right off of the intake with only a slight tug, seems to me, would hopefully be the issue

Ashyukun (Robert)
6/19/18 10:46 a.m.
Knurled. said:

I do, in fact, have long hair.  99 cent bottle of shampoo, 99 cent bottle of conditioner so I don't generate some sort of mega-knot-fro-thing, because my hair is so unruly that a ponytail is the sensible option, and I'm good for 2-3 weeks.

(Seriously.  You should have seen it when I tried to have short hair.  It was like Albert Einstein and Nikola Tesla had a kid, and that kid mated with a sheep, and out popped me)

I mainly just needed shampoo and conditioner for mine, which is pretty much what the Dancer uses on hers- but I did spend a lot more time dealing with mine since my hair gets very wavy/curly when it is long and I had to spend the time to blow-dry it and braid it into a ponytail if I didn't want it to look like a giant poofball on the back of my head. eastsideTim is probably the only one here who has ever seen it when it was long...

The second time I let my hair grow out (after my first wedding) it was because the then-wife really liked it when it was long. A few weeks before we separated and moved out to our own separate places I got up relatively early on a Saturday morning and went to a barber shop and had them cut the ponytail off and buzz my hair down to relatively short overall. The look on her face when she got up and saw me was priceless- and was probably the first time it hit home that while she was the one who wanted out of the relationship that I was done with trying to hold things together and was going to pave my own way ahead as well.

I've kept my hair at about a #2 (more recently a #1.5) clipper cut for the intervening 14 years and never regretted it- it takes me a literal fraction of the time dealing with my hair compared to then, and my wife loves it nice and short.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/19/18 10:54 a.m.

Swank hasn't posted here in ages. He still has the top spot on the leaderboard, but for how long? Will Swank ever make a return?

davefla
davefla New Reader
6/19/18 12:05 p.m.

I've been sweating bullets over programming a datalogger/sensor combination in a project that I inherited (from someone who isn't just retired, but sadly also deceased.) The new sensor I purchased isn't directly supported by the vendor's 'free' code generator app.

So I contact the Sales Engineer assigned to our account, who suggests that I specify the previous sensor model in their catalog in the code generator, as mine "is a follow" of the old model ... Except the new model is a five wire, embedded microcontroller, serial communicating smart device and the old model is a three wire passive sensor.

There are times when good Customer Service means having the honesty to say 'dunno' or even "BERK you, figure it out yourself" rather than wasting time with uselessness.

Ashyukun (Robert)
6/19/18 2:40 p.m.

Checked weather forecast before deciding to ride the bicycle in to work today- not showing any rain at all. Yay, ride bike (even though it's like 90 out).

Fast forward to 10 minutes ago: pouring down rain outside. Great... now it will either be raining on me, or at best will be muggy AND hot and the roads will be slick. Oh, and the plan was to work on trying to fix the Rampage's wiring when I get home- which will now either be in the rain or at least more miserable due to the mugginess AND the fact that the Rampage's windshield seals leak and it will likely be damp inside as well.

Berk.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/19/18 3:20 p.m.

I may of found a buyer for my poor Mustang. The only problem is that I last saw the title in 2010 or so. I was stupid and had my then-wife added to the title. I have no idea where the original title is, so I have to jump through hoops to get a duplicate from a state I haven't lived in since 2010.

I'm currently sitting at my local credit union so I can get the duplicate title request notorized (because Nebraska). The guidance for who has to sign the request is not very clear but it does specify that all signatures must be notorized.

I'm so done dealing with vehicles titles!

1 ... 807 808 809 810 811 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KPxjjWARuSaYGl2oredp6YI2YU2BEaHpk0fTNgChxTG92PH91wsVjTiIRf4CRSau