1 ... 809 810 811 812 813 ... 1929
Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/20/18 1:25 p.m.

In reply to imgon :

Honestly, most are probably scams to confirm if they're sending to a valid email. No clue exactly how that works with CL's email anonymization, but I get the same thing all the time too.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/20/18 5:14 p.m.

I have a hobby website, www.figmentsandphragmites.com/ It's nothing more than a blog for my boats and stuff and how I am rebuilding them to suit my uses. I am getting really sick of all the people CALLING ME to help me upgrade my site for more business.

More business would be great.. if I was selling something

I can tell they have never looked at my site, if they had, they would not bother calling me, so what makes them think I would trust them with redoing it for more traffic and business?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/20/18 5:45 p.m.

I'm going to be homeless in about 5 weeks. I'm about to loose my job.

"But things will get better, Appleseed."

No. No they won't.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
6/20/18 8:01 p.m.

I hate knowing a thing, and then forgetting that thing until it's just a bit too late.  Like, for example, hemi powered Dodge trucks built in the 2010 range have air conditioning lines running above the left valve cover...that are directly connected to the evaporator, which cracks when you move them a bit to get the valve cover off.

Poop.

On the upside, it needs an engine, so I won't lose my shirt.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/21/18 7:13 a.m.

One thing my new, longer commute has taught me, is that there are a lot of non-functional brake lights out in the world. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/18 7:46 a.m.
mad_machine said:

I have a hobby website, www.figmentsandphragmites.com/ It's nothing more than a blog for my boats and stuff and how I am rebuilding them to suit my uses. I am getting really sick of all the people CALLING ME to help me upgrade my site for more business.

More business would be great.. if I was selling something

I can tell they have never looked at my site, if they had, they would not bother calling me, so what makes them think I would trust them with redoing it for more traffic and business?

Damn, they're calling you *on the phone*? So far they've just spammed me with emails. And if I'm really unlucky some high-level manager will see one of those emails, and then I'll have to craft a serious and professional response to their boilerplate shotgun-blast of alleged problems with the site...

Ashyukun (Robert)
6/21/18 7:47 a.m.

In reply to Mike :

I think there are a higher percentage of non-functional drivers than non-functional brake lights...

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
6/21/18 7:54 a.m.

Has it really been almost three months?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/18 9:19 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I'm going to be homeless in about 5 weeks. I'm about to loose my job.

"But things will get better, Appleseed."

No. No they won't.

Honestly the only times my life has clearly gotten better are when I left university and when I got my first full-time job.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/21/18 10:02 a.m.

The worst part about loosing the job is the boss is someone who used to be my best friend. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/21/18 10:27 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I'm going to be homeless in about 5 weeks.

Find a new room mate situation. 5 weeks is plenty of time if you start now. https://chicago.craigslist.org/d/rooms-shares/search/roo

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
6/21/18 10:50 a.m.

All the parts to get the transmission and engine into the Beetle have finally arrived.  I just had surgery and am not supposed to lift anything over 8 lbs for the next four weeks.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
6/21/18 10:57 a.m.

I got the dash all back together in the truck and now the Mode door doesn't work. It worked fine before I pulled it all apart...

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/21/18 11:04 a.m.

Rosa Mack. She is the topic of my rant today. This woman has been giving everyone my cell phone number for the 6 years I've had it as part of her strategy to hide from her debt collectors. As a result, I get several calls a week, sometimes several a day looking to speak with Rosa. A few years ago I tracked her down and found out that she worked as a janitor at a high school a county over. That was not too hard to figure out as the school also thinks my number is her number. I called the school a handful of times trying to get them to take my number off their calling lists to no avail. (Good morning Cougars, this is vice principal Smuckitelli calling to let you know about a big baseball game coming up this week.....blah, blah, blah). I've gotten calls from her church friends, her pastor and even some family from NYC. I just add them all to my blocked callers list, but they keep coming up with new numbers to call from.

I also get calls from her pharmacy telling me to get my refills, and from her doctors sometimes.

No idea who this woman is, but I really hope the debt collectors catch up with her and she gets it good and hard.

I should've changed my number after the first month or two, but back then I figured the calls would stop when they figured out this was no longer her number. Now after 6 years, I don't really want to get a new phone number and I am also tired of the Rosa game. AARRGH. berkeley you Rosa!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
6/21/18 11:38 a.m.

In reply to T.J. :

I wonder if she is dyslexic.  I have a client that CANNOT give the right number. Always swaps two digits. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/21/18 12:08 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

All the parts to get the transmission and engine into the Beetle have finally arrived.  I just had surgery and am not supposed to lift anything over 8 lbs for the next four weeks.

I hope recovery goes well!!!

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/21/18 12:10 p.m.

My cell number is from Nebraska, a state I have not set foot in in over 8 years. I have had the same number since 2002, so I'm really hesitant to change it. I don't know anybody I want to talk to still living there, so it makes it easy to screen calls.

This morning at 0711, I received a call from DirecTV. From a 402 number. It was bad enough when they would call once a day from a toll free number. Now they are resorting to local numbers? That's pretty low.

I used to be a customer but due to my living situation, I am not currently. If I wanted your service again I WILL CALL YOU. STOP berkeleyING CALLING ME YOU ASSHOLES.

I'm opening an FCC complaint since I have requested to be removed from your list at least 3 TIMES.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/21/18 12:10 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

I've got a couple people that do that with their email address. I get so many emails for "delores" culberson or "don" culberson or ... it gets tiring. Especially when some of them are job offers and the like where it's obvious they entered their own email address wrong.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
6/21/18 3:27 p.m.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/21/18 3:54 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

So its a 3.6L six with 6 cylinders and the transmission is present.

My deduction is that it is a 2012+ Sahara which about 1% had manuals, so its probably the 5 speed auto.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/18 3:54 p.m.

The longer I’m stuck behind this the more the offset plate bothers me.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
6/21/18 6:43 p.m.

Ok, you have learned that your XC90 isn't an off road vehicle by tearing the fuel line off.  Now, I get to wonder why Volvo runs the fuel out of the tank, through the filter, and then returns it to the regulator/pump assembly, instead of just doing that internally.  Next, drop the exhaust, driveshaft, heat shields and parking brake cables, and fuel tank straps, then go inside and pull the middle row of seats, the side panels, and the carpet to find the hole in the floor for the fuel pump.  Whats that, you say?  All your camping gear is in the back?  Ok.  Whats that now?  The handle that opens the rear hatch is broken?  Now, after standing up the third row seat and using a prybar to hold the carpet up because I can't get to the back to pull the side panels, the seatback won't fold down again? 

Well, it runs.  If you want the seat back folded, clean your junk out and i will start fixing.  Oh, and bring your money gun...

Supplementary complaint:  I can almost always see why stuff is assembled in a stupid way, if I factor in that almost everything stupid is done to make it easy to assemble the car.  For the life of me, I can't figure the sequence that makes the rear seat belt outer anchor bolt sensible.  Its hard to undo, and at least as hard to assemble.  That doesn't fit with my picture of the universe.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/18 6:55 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

My S40 also had some really weird stuff happening in the fuel system, the feed line doubled back to the tank but there was also a $300-ish fuel pressure regulator underhood.  On a returnless system.  (And dang it it was the same form factor as a $30 GM regulator, but 3.5 bar vs. 4 bar because why not?)

For me, the fuel line quick disconnect disconnected while I was a in a traffic jam on US23 on a Sunday afternoon, and I met some GRMers who towed me to their place about a half mile away from where I was stranded, and we fixed the car and I was back on the road and I really need to hit up another Detroit rallycross because I owe them all the beer.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
6/21/18 7:52 p.m.

Since starting treatment for gout then the broken bone in my foot I've been in more pain then when it was left untreated. No anti imflamatorys is hell every day. Midfoot arthritis hurts more then a broken bone.

Ashyukun (Robert)
6/22/18 7:56 a.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to T.J. :

I've got a couple people that do that with their email address. I get so many emails for "delores" culberson or "don" culberson or ... it gets tiring. Especially when some of them are job offers and the like where it's obvious they entered their own email address wrong.

I get at least an email a day for other people with the same first initial and last name as I have, since I got my gmail account very early on when they were invitation only. 99% of the time I just ignore it because it's crap that doesn't matter, but every few weeks I'll notice something that looks important enough to contact the sender and point out they have the wrong address- most of those have been people trying to send in homework/papers/exams to their teachers and sending it to the wrong address.

1 ... 809 810 811 812 813 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JjZZmEYKRgyJ1xBxXRIWqQbVIb524FCRRSnc2yj0gqaUk7RSZdWCl3aINROspNFz