1 ... 831 832 833 834 835 ... 1928
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/18 6:57 p.m.

yea, I hate it when migraines strike. I wish you well tomorrow Barefootskater!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/7/18 7:29 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

Been there and done that. Last week. 

I feel your pain. Literally. 

Todays rant: broke the duster doing a burnout because dallas was here and i was feeling 16 again. But it was AWESOME. so is it a rant or win?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/18 8:17 p.m.

Someone sent me a video from one of their tin foil news sites because they are still trying to "enlighten" me.  All I said in response was that if 9/11 really was an inside job done by Bush, Chaney, and a few cruise missiles then we owe a bunch of Muslims an apology for blaming them all for the bombing we did afterwards.  This seemed to upset him and he sent another silly video.  I told him his opposing messages were confusing me and then he threatened to tell people what an shiny happy person I am as if they didn't already know.      

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/18 8:40 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

It is interesting how the more uneducated one is, the more likely one is to want to feel superior to people who understand how "facts" and "reality" work.

What is depressing is when otherwise intelligent people ALSO fall for that conspiracy-babble stuff.

It is simple:  Bush & co. ignored the warning signs because they believed that they were all fabrications designed to bring his predecessor down.  Afterwards, the sweeping changes in privacy/"safety" policy can be easily explained as people in power being quick to exploit a situation for their own ends, which is an ability that anybody successful in politics will possess.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/18 9:05 p.m.
barefootskater said:

Woke up with a migraine. Past the point of manageability. Took some pills and hopped in the shower. Just got worse. Dinner came back up. Called the boss, boss says to keep him posted and take the day if I need. Coworker is pretty injured and I hate taking sick days. So I showed up a couple hours late and just power through. Can't eat, can't think straight. Sure as E36 M3 not gonna drive myself home.

Image result for what a lovely day meme

Except with sarcasm.

Red Bull: It's like Brawndo, but instead of mutilating thirst, it multiates migraines.

I personally think it is because of the ridiculously high levels of niacin.  That plus caffeine makes migraines manageable in a very short period of time.

Oddly enough, it makes me feel awful if I am not in the throes of incipient migraine (blind spots/tunnel vision, with a side of numb arms if it is going to be a Really Big One, I'm Comin' Elizabeth). 

But when I feel one coming on, I choke down a 8.4oz can and within fifteen minutes I will be a functional human being again.  Maybe a crabby a-hole with a monster headache, but a FUNCTIONAL crabby a-hole with a headache, not a mostly blind sit-me-in-a-dark-room-for-a-while crabby A-hole.

(I remember the time I put a 5.4 Ford engine in an E150 with my eyes closed, because I was in the throes of a migraine and I couldn't see E36 M3 anyway....)

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/7/18 9:54 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Im going to try that.  Has to be better than eating Excedrin migraine like candy corn or the prescription sguff tjat turns me i nto a poor approximation of a walking dead zombie. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/8/18 12:56 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

In reply to Knurled. :

Im going to try that.  Has to be better than eating Excedrin migraine like candy corn or the prescription sguff tjat turns me i nto a poor approximation of a walking dead zombie. 

Red Bull doesnt help me but heres a list of things that have helped others. Some of them seem a little weird but if you are like me....ill try anything to make the migraine go away 

Absinthe(possibly because of wormwood)

truckloads of magnesium(apparently mixed with zinc for best results)

dark chocolate (filled with magnesium)

nicotine (e-cig only. i admit ive found this helps in short intervals)

caffeine(a lot of it)

Apparently LSD and Psilocybin help but its not something i would recommend at all lol

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/8/18 5:42 a.m.

Ill have to try magnesium as well. .

Nicotine doesn't work, wont touch absinthe or lsd again, and caffene is a major part of my diet already.....

But im always willing to try a new solution!

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/8/18 6:17 a.m.
Antihero said:
Dusterbd13 said:

In reply to Knurled. :

Red Bull doesnt help me but heres a list of things that have helped others. Some of them seem a little weird but if you are like me....ill try anything to make the migraine go away 

caffeine(a lot of it)

Apparently LSD and Psilocybin help but its not something i would recommend at all lol

Shoot.  A fellow could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff!

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/8/18 7:33 a.m.

The dancer and I got to bed later than usual last night- not ideal, but not complaining. At very slightly before 4am we're awakened by a massive thunderclap followed immediately by our alarm system screaming at full blast, waking us ALL the way up and scaring the crap out of us. After finally getting it disarmed and the Dancer telling the monitoring company that they didn't need to send the police, we never completely figured out what happened- but the best I can figure is that the thunderclap was strong enough that it shook the windows enough to set off the vibration sensor on a window that doesn't close as solidly as the others (because the cable for our rooftop antenna goes between the upper and lower parts of the window).

Took us (and the terrified dog- both from the alarm and the storm) a while to get back to sleep, and of course I wake up this morning feeling completely exhausted. I really should have just called in sick and gone back to sleep.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
8/8/18 8:56 a.m.

Added to the list of things I am incapable of doing in the morning before consuming my first cup of coffee:  Making a cup of coffee. 

Kind of a Catch-22 thing, huh?  I selected "big mug" button on the Keurig, but failed to pour the mug full of fresh water into the machine.  Machine proceeds to dispense large mug of coffee into a mug already full of water.  Needless to say, it didn't all fit.  Even worse, the resulting brew was very weak.  Grrrrrr!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/8/18 9:03 a.m.

I was going to post this in minor win but it seemed too negative- I'm surrounded by projects, low on time and funds because of them, work is in a state of minor chaos, and generally there's just too much going on for me to really track it all.  BUT for some reason I'm feeling way better mentally than I have in a long time... go figure.  I don't want to examine it too closely lest it disappear, so for now I'm just enjoying being happy and hoping that manic isn't actually the right word.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
8/8/18 9:42 a.m.

Last week they milled up the main road near my house.  Yesterday they repaved it......in a driving rain.  I couldn't believe my eyes (literally the number one rule when laying asphalt in to NOT do it in the rain).  I actually stopped and asked the foreman WTF he was thinking.  Some BS answer about having to get it done.  Great, I hope the city has some sort of warranty on this work cause it's gonna be pure E36 M3 in a year.

Personal rant, I've had the engineless MX-5 sitting in the garage for a couple of weeks now and haven't actually done any work on it.  I need someone to kick me in the ass on that project!

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/18 9:53 a.m.

Checked my bank account this morning and found the balance substantially lower than expected. Looking at transactions, there was a several hundred dollar transfer through Western Union. Huh, that's funny, I've never used Western Union in my life. 

So, call the bank and dispute the charge on that end, they recommend that I call WU as well and open up a dispute with them as well. An hour and a half later, both entities manage to get the 5 or so pieces of information they actually need from me and now it may take up to 90 days to actually resolve the issue and get my money back. Both parties are insisting it will be quicker to resolve through the other, which is not instilling any confidence. Still need to stop by the bank after work to get a new debit card and the police station to file a report...what a PITA frown

While I'm not going to go hungry or miss a mortgage payment or anything over this, it still sucks, especially with vacation a few weeks away - this is basically spending money I had been setting aside for that. I would totally advocate for public stoning as a punishment for cases of fraud and identity theft. 

BenB
BenB Reader
8/8/18 9:54 a.m.

I just took the Miata to one of those chains that changes your oil in a jiffy, to get it inspected. I wouldn't trust one of these places to even check my oil, but this location has managed to do NC inspections on all of my cars for almost 20 years without screwing anything up. So, today, the only person there who knows how to drive a stick weighs 300 lbs (he told me during the later conversation). My car sits about 1" lower than stock, and has never had trouble getting into and out of that same bay, year after year, so I went inside the office to watch from there. I should have known there would be trouble this time when the tops of the tires disappeared into the wheel wells when he got in. So, Big Guy pulled the car into the bay, and hit one of the metal safety guards hard enough that the car bounced back. He backed up, and ran it forward again, with the same results. By then, I was already out of the office, yelling at him to stop, but he managed to do it a third time before I got to him. He got out, moved the guard, and ignored me when I told him to get someone else to move the car. The manager showed up, and while I was distracted talking to him, Big Guy tried again and managed to snag on something, so the car wouldn't move at all. After yelling at him to get the Berkely out of my car and yelling at the manager to let me pull the car out so I can take it somewhere else, we checked under the car and of course, it was now sitting high enough to pull out of the bay. The manager told me customers aren't allowed to pull cars into the bay, so they got some kid ("Sure I can drive a stick."), who ran the car all the way through the bay, over the lift they use for rotating tires, and out the door before he could stop it. I was lucky they didn't have another car ahead of mine in the bay. He then started to get out and almost let the car roll down the hill. Once I retrieved my registration and gave the manager my thoughts on the competence of his people, I took the car to another shop, who inspected the car with no problems at all. They were also kind enough to check for damage from the first place. Great way to start the day.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
8/8/18 1:59 p.m.

Good:  MeTV is airing the first season of WKRP in Cincinnati on weeknights.

Bad:  According to the tv listings, they’re skipping the turkey drop episode.

Ashyukun (Robert)
8/8/18 2:04 p.m.

Despite having Barq's with lunch and sipping on iced tea now, I'm still reaaaaally close to just falling asleep sitting here at my desk.

Since I've not been able to ride this week due to the weather and banging up my hip a slight bit, I decided that since the weather is halfway nice that I would walk down the library about a quarter mile away. Since I know books are dangerous to me (I get sucked in and don't want to put them down- great on vacations and travel, bad when there's work I need to be doing) I figured I'd check out their CD selection and bring a few back to listen to after lunch on my work computer. Do so, grab 3 discs, and get back up to my desk- and realize that I had forgotten that the newest 'upgraded' laptop they gave me doesn't have an optical driver. So now I have to wait until I get home to listen to any of them. frown

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
8/8/18 2:23 p.m.

Moved my zephyr for the first time in 10 months and apparently when the u joint locked up during a second gear burn out last summer it killed the pinion seal. No more rock auto u joints for me.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/8/18 2:24 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

Despite having Barq's with lunch and sipping on iced tea now, I'm still reaaaaally close to just falling asleep sitting here at my desk.

Barqs doesn't have caffeine, IIRC. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
8/8/18 2:32 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Actually, it does- at least the normal, non-sugar-free kind does. Thinking about it though I realized that I had actually gotten Dr. Pepper and not Barq's- I was just too tired to remember which I'd gotten (if I'd gotten when I'd wanted for lunch I'd have definitely had Barq's as at the pizza place I wanted a slice from Barq's is the only thing they have that I really like, but the line there was out the door + 12 people so I got Jimmy John's instead).

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/18 2:33 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Hulu.com has them, no waiting.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
8/8/18 3:03 p.m.
mtn said:
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

Barqs doesn't have caffeine, IIRC. 

Barqs has bite- Bite meaning caffeine, most places anyway. If you buy it in UT though it is labelled "caffeine free". Guess where I live!

As for the Red Bull migraine remedy, I'll try to remember that. Usually the stuff makes me sick though so I don't often partake.

Furious_E
8/8/18 3:15 p.m.

Addendum to my previous rant:

My bank used to have reasonable hours, where I could actually access them at times other than Saturday morning without taking off from work. That was literally the only reason I did my banking there. Since they were bought out sometime last year, that has apparently changed. Looks like I won't be getting a new debit card until Saturday. And I'll soon be moving my accounts. 

Furious_E
8/8/18 3:18 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

berkeleying Utah, closest thing to a theocracy this side of Iran. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/8/18 3:24 p.m.
Hungary Bill said:
Antihero said:
Dusterbd13 said:

In reply to Knurled. :

caffeine(a lot of it)

Shoot.  A fellow could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff!

You are not wrong lol

Its actually kind of interesting that the things that seemsto help migraines are primarily psychoactive stuff

1 ... 831 832 833 834 835 ... 1928

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HC2KnIeMmDcQg3bl8yBloVNfO1zG9QK7ZaHdk8PREvRQuAgjeVWwSHDr12PvUFdy