Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/18 7:26 p.m.

Finals. Uuuugggggh

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/18 7:35 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Get one of those hand pumps that threads onto a gallon jug of gear oil, looks like hand soap pump with a hose attachment.  Fill an empty coolant jug with ATF, then install pump and pump fluid into trans through the fill plug on the side.  Very very easy.  The one I have has a clip on the handle so you can twist the hose 270 degrees and clip into place, so you can just store the pump in the jug and the hose end is pointed upright so it won't drool.

I think it was about $20 at Advance.  Given the number of transmissions and rearends I'd process,  making fluid installation painless is a no-brainer.  (Mazdas past 1980 cannot be filled through the shifter)

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/18 8:12 p.m.
Knurled. said:

Noticed that they were playjng the hell out of Black Sabbath and post-Sabbath Ozzy on the radio.  Four songs in a row, then about once an hour or so.

I am conditioned to thimk that sudden attention to a celebrity means they died.  Crud, time to go to FARK and check the headlines!

*whew*  He's not dead, but it is his 70th birthday.

The FARK.com headline:  "Somehow, Ozzy Osbourne has survived 70 years. Happy Birthday and Long Live The Prince of Darkness"

Second comment:  Wait, what does Lucas Electrics have to do with Ozzy?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/3/18 8:20 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Problem is that i cannot actually get a hand or wrench TO the plugs. At all. Without trans removal. And  exhaust removal. And....

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/3/18 11:50 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

Second on the 7-layer.

Taco Bell well pretty much make whatever you want from what they have. You can do a no-cost substitution from meats to beans at most locations. 

I miss the fries. I used to get the supreme loaded fries, sub beef to beans, add guac.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/4/18 7:35 a.m.

ALS sucks.

I've known of two other people who got it- two hockey players from UM.  But now I personally know someone who has it.  What a horrible disease.  

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
12/4/18 7:55 a.m.
alfadriver said:

ALS sucks.

I've known of two other people who got it- two hockey players from UM.  But now I personally know someone who has it.  What a horrible disease.  

Yes it does.  My father passed away from complications from ALS a little over 7 years ago.  You (and the person you know) have my greatest sympathies.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
12/4/18 8:36 a.m.

Mrs VCh is the technology breaker.  For her birthday last weekend, I got her a new computer.  Even set it up for her- logged onto wifi, the wireless printer, etc.  Everything works 100%, all she has to do is turn it on.

Just got a text.  "Printer isn't printing.  Tried wi fi, tried plugging it in."

WTF???????????????????????????????????////  angry

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/4/18 8:46 a.m.

You replaced my moldy breakfast sandwich with expired coupons? You haven't even been opened 6 weeks, how are your coupons expired already?

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish Reader
12/4/18 12:24 p.m.
RevRico said:

You replaced my moldy breakfast sandwich with expired coupons? You haven't even been opened 6 weeks, how are your coupons expired already?

Haha.  Some places deserve to go out of business.  But seriously, if they gave you valid coupons, would you really go back?

My rant - I'm working lots of extra hours and accepting lots of extra responsibility for no extra money.  Meanwhile, I'm not spending as much time with my kids and wife, which sucks.  I would like to at least get paid to miss out on valuable time with them.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/4/18 12:27 p.m.

I just realized my favorite pair of jeans are no longer wearable. I somehow wore the crotch out. I just noticed I can see my underwear. Good thing I have lots of people to talk to face to face today.

RIP US Polo Assn distressed jeans, 2012-2018

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/4/18 4:56 p.m.

My wife before she met me bought a 2002 explorer.....its the worst car ever with lots of weird stupid things i have to fix, The shifter assembly broke, theres a nanny lock to prevent it going into gear from park that you have to manually disengauge now, the tranny has lost overdrive........stuff like that.

I would go thru and fix it but its dented up, she hates it and its only upside is its got nice winter tires and its not worth it to do much else but sell the carcass to someone Now that she wants to drive it to work again i resurrected it and its started a leak i cant find. Nothing drips so from what i can tell its leaking steam.....from somewhere. Before i met her she apparently overheated the car "many times" so im thinking something is just slightly slightly warped and i cant find it. 

So now im gonna do something i hate....im gonna shove some stop leak in it and see if itll run a bit longer. If that doesnt happen...craigslist

RevRico
12/4/18 5:13 p.m.
bigeyedfish said:
RevRico said:

Haha.  Some places deserve to go out of business.  But seriously, if they gave you valid coupons, would you really go back?

I would consider going back actually, just not any time soon. It's a new super gas station, and since they compete with Sheetz, I want to support them. The food was good enough that this morning was my third visit in 4 days. It's two strikes against them now, but being 2 miles from home and just a  different  food option holds a lot of favor for me. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/4/18 8:37 p.m.

Man. I live in a food mecca or something because a gas station would not even occur to me as a food option.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/4/18 10:22 p.m.

I'll always remember,  what I can't forget. 

RevRico
12/4/18 10:30 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Aren't Sheetz all over Ohio by now? Or maybe you have Get Go if giant eagle goes that far west? Fast food joints that happen to sell gas, basically. With coffee bars and pizza ovens. 

But no, as I've ranted about time and time again, my town is almost desolate for food options. Particularly at breakfast time and overnights. What isn't a chain uses the same suppliers, so it's all the same food almost everywhere you go. There are a few gems, but only for dinner and only open like 3 nights a week. 

Oddly, the second best place for tacos in town is a Sunoco station with a Laredo taco inside. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/4/18 11:04 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to dculberson :

Aren't Sheetz all over Ohio by now? Or maybe you have Get Go if giant eagle goes that far west? Fast food joints that happen to sell gas, basically. With coffee bars and pizza ovens. 

But no, as I've ranted about time and time again, my town is almost desolate for food options. Particularly at breakfast time and overnights. What isn't a chain uses the same suppliers, so it's all the same food almost everywhere you go. There are a few gems, but only for dinner and only open like 3 nights a week. 

Oddly, the second best place for tacos in town is a Sunoco station with a Laredo taco inside. 

i lived in a small town where there was a little diner in a gas station that served great buffalo burgers, small towns can be weird

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/5/18 1:12 a.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to dculberson :

As someone who grew up in Maryland and loves sheetz chili dogs I can tell you they are not all over Ohio. 4 hour drive for the nearest one too me.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/5/18 1:56 a.m.

I am of the opinion that unless you have a disease such as Crohns, IBS is all mental. Meaning that it is stress that causes it, not any actual gastrointestinal issue. Well, now I have my own anecdotal proof of that. For the worlds worst silver lining, at least we have a stockpile of wipes. 

On a somewhat related note, and first world problem, while well intentioned, gift cards are a crappy way to help someone. Give them Cash or a check. Or bring a meal. But I have $100 to spend at Panera. It is a PITA to get to Panera from my house or work, and when we were in the hospital, we had zero desire to leave the hospital. And it doesn’t really help me with the funeral bill, although no one was expecting that. And it wasn’t going to help with the hospital bill either.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/5/18 8:38 a.m.
stanger_missle said:

RIP US Polo Assn distressed jeans, 2012-2018

But the real question is: Are you allowed to go to any Corvette Club meetings until you get another pair?

devil

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
12/5/18 2:52 p.m.

Had to sell my Durango online, now I regret it, because no matter how you word your ad, the idiots come out of the woodwork. 

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/5/18 3:15 p.m.

My '97 Ford Ranger keeps breaking things that are no longer available.  Today one of the little plastic thingys that holds the cruise control button onto the steering wheel just cracked off. Its hanging by the wires.   The last "no longer available" vacuum hose that cracked off was a special 90 degree hose with 1/4" on one end and 3/8" on the other.  So that meant buying a  3/8" brass elbow and a  1/4" to 3/8" reducer piece to make the turn and the tube transition size.    No, I could not find a elbow that was also a reducer.  Grrr. 

This after it started throwing P0171/P074 Lean condition codes - which means one or more of several things varying from a dirty MAF wire to a vacuum line fell off somewhere, all the way up to a leaky intake manifold.     Hopefully this is fixed with the new hose.

And its going to need a new clutch soon and rear brakes.  Grrr.     The truck is indestructible, its all the little wear-out parts that drive me crazy. 

And lets not get into finding no longer available weird hoses for my pristine 2004 MSM turbo Miata that has dry rotted 5/16" (i.d.) water hoses all over the place.  I am gradually changing those...   

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/5/18 3:50 p.m.

In reply to jharry3 :

That's my major beef with Ford products - their OE parts supply tactics are terrible.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/5/18 4:01 p.m.

I’ve eaten at Sheetz. I’m sorry but it was mediocre and the food was average price. I didn’t find it any better than a Subway. Which to me is “well I don’t feel like eating but I need some calories” food. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/5/18 6:21 p.m.
dculberson said:

I’ve eaten at Sheetz. I’m sorry but it was mediocre and the food was average price. I didn’t find it any better than a Subway. Which to me is “well I don’t feel like eating but I need some calories” food. 

I was 12 the last time I ate there so it may be a huge disappointment as an adult.

Have too go to physical therapy for sciatic nerve pain. The lady said atleast your young, I feel about 70

1 ... 884 885 886 887 888 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qcnHAVu70OGLa6UYWENSWBcNnoMxSFYXtDNcg2mcuddmAIqjLw5yu7wIokyuBl5G