1 ... 893 894 895 896 897 ... 1929
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/18/18 6:48 p.m.
Knurled. said:
kazoospec said:

"Talking in your sleep" by the Romantics is already a stupid, repetitive song.  When played twice back to back on one of the few radio stations I can pick up at work, I want to hurt someone. 

Listen to pop country for a day, and Talking In Your Sleep will sound like The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Sunrise, sunburn, songs that repeat...

I had to Google that song. Pretty good! Lots better than most on the radio.

Especially modern alternative music.

Obligatory rant: why is bleach blond still a thing???? Half the adult women  at the school Christmas program were blonde. I didn't see a single one that looked natural. Just not a good look. Id rather see purple more. Or blue (seen) green (saw) etc. 

Also, cookout is out of eggnog milkshakes. Thats enough to piss off the pope.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/18 7:11 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

One of my cousins has grey eyes and hair so blond that it looks fake.  For a while in her 20s, she dyed her hair black.  Somehow this looked eve more fake than her natural hair color.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/18 10:29 p.m.
mad_machine said:

I think I have truly begun to loath work. Between being constantly scheduled with the same co-workers who drive me up the wall because they never shut up or understand the idea that I need some time alone to get things done in quiet. They also rarely do any real work, so I get stuck doing it all, and a boss who is a raging alcoholic that you never know how he will react and never ever takes a day off and usually racks up 20 hours of OT a week (so he is always there), I just cannot find any way to muster even an ounce of enthusiasm towards work.

I realize part of it is due to the personal stress I am under. My father almost accidently killed himself again by ODing on his pain meds two weeks ago, and my highly bi-polar sister is coming down thursday for a week or two or five..

I wish to change that. in thinking about it and in talking to some of my other co-workers.. all my issues stem from one man... the one who won't shut up. He's a couple of years from retiring, barely does any work, rarely gets off of the phone (blue tooth) and when he does, has to talk to somebody else. He also does not get that every job does not need two people, but instead of being a help, actually hinders the other person from doing any work.

Unfortunately, this means that I almost always get scheduled to work with him, as our days off overlap by one, that means 4 days a week, 8 hours a day, of him jabbering at me or on his phone, and slowing everything to a maddening crawl. I blame my high blood pressure on him as the very sound of his voice makes me anxious

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
12/19/18 1:54 a.m.

From car complaints:

"front bumper sets too low and snags on angle parking stops. When I backed out it pulled out the front panels. Submitted to insurance company which considered it collision it cost $2000, $1000 of which was deductible and my insurance went up $500."

Oootay indecision

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/18 6:27 a.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

Sounds like a driver induced problem.  Hitting curbs causes body damage, who'd have thought?

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/19/18 6:51 a.m.

The seats in my wife's new escape seem to aggravate my back injury. Time too start shuffling pillows in it. Non adjustable lumbar support sucks 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
12/19/18 8:07 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

When attending my kids music programs I spend more time looking at the architecture than watching the performers.  

For the spring concert I’ll check out all the ladies.   

My lady tells me blonde is the easiest color to dye to or cover the gray.  Maybe that’s why?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/19/18 8:15 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I can accept that reason. 

And two hours there before my daughter's  class gave me plenty of time to look at people and the building and play Angry Birds and...

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/19/18 8:27 a.m.

When the Dancer takes me to see dance productions half the time I'm paying more attention to the production aspects of the show (lights, sets, misc. stuff like the flying rig for Peter Pan) than I am the actual dancing. Same goes for concerts, but we tend to go to ones that have some pretty insane production values (Blue Man Group, TSO) anyway... and at least I don't tend to doze off during the concerts... wink

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/19/18 8:53 a.m.
mad_machine said:
RevRico said:

It's my day for the "school field trip" tomorrow. Activities include dealing with 17 snot nosed little brats and watching frozen. I hope my ear drums pop tonight so I don't have to sit through that.

Let it go!

It's even worse than I thought. There as almost 50 of them. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
12/19/18 9:44 a.m.

Crap... just realized I didn't take my BP reading before leaving for work today... will have to wait until after work I guess. :/

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
12/19/18 11:12 a.m.

berkeley you Joe Rogan.

I tried listening to his podcasts but never really could get into it. However watching his podcasts on YouTube has become a nightly ritual. Last night after finishing watching a couple podcasts I figured it was time for bed, looked at my clock and it was 4:30 a.m. my alarm is set for 5:00 a.m.

I'm berkeleying tired.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
12/19/18 11:22 a.m.
Knurled. said:
kazoospec said:

"Talking in your sleep" by the Romantics is already a stupid, repetitive song.  When played twice back to back on one of the few radio stations I can pick up at work, I want to hurt someone. 

Listen to pop country for a day, and Talking In Your Sleep will sound like The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Sunrise, sunburn, songs that repeat...

Well, this is the "minor rant thread".  I'll save my thoughts on modern country music for the "major rant thread", whenever that gets started. 

mad_machine
12/19/18 2:28 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

When the Dancer takes me to see dance productions half the time I'm paying more attention to the production aspects of the show (lights, sets, misc. stuff like the flying rig for Peter Pan) than I am the actual dancing. Same goes for concerts, but we tend to go to ones that have some pretty insane production values (Blue Man Group, TSO) anyway... and at least I don't tend to doze off during the concerts... wink

As stage Lighting is my business.. I can't go to see a concert, play, or musical, and just enjoy the content. I am busy watching the lights

Ashyukun (Robert)
12/19/18 3:20 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

I spent over 10 years working a few weekends a year as tech crew at conventions, usually in the larger event spaces, and then running all the tech for the Dancer's shows for the last 5 years so that combined with my general interest in the technical aspects of things has me doing much the same thing. And usually drooling over all the fancy hardware that we can't begin to afford to have for her shows...

mad_machine
12/19/18 5:09 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

I spent over 10 years working a few weekends a year as tech crew at conventions, usually in the larger event spaces, and then running all the tech for the Dancer's shows for the last 5 years so that combined with my general interest in the technical aspects of things has me doing much the same thing. And usually drooling over all the fancy hardware that we can't begin to afford to have for her shows...

I play with the fancy equipment on an almost daily basis. The tech is changing so fast it is hard to keep up with it. Work finally upgraded from a GrandMA to an GrandMA2.. and now the 3 just came out. If only we had waited a few months :(

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/19/18 7:34 p.m.

That's a lot of Grandmas.

mad_machine
12/19/18 9:59 p.m.

And they have big eyes and teeth too

NickD
NickD UberDork
12/20/18 5:37 a.m.

Hyundai/Kia must make their connecting rods in their 4-cylinder engines out of Papier-mâché, because we've had at least a dozen Hyunda/Kia products towed into my work this year with holes in the block and/or pan. And I work at a GM dealer, not a Kia dealer. All different years, all different mileages. Most recent was a 2016 Elantra with 40k miles, looked meticulously cared for, guy was going past our work and the engine went bang, so they had it towed in. Huge hole in the block, oil everywhere.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/20/18 7:35 a.m.

Thought my back and hip was mostly healed, got cleared for work. Made it half a day and I'm back in nerve blockers and pain killers. 

(not) WilD (Matt)
(not) WilD (Matt) Dork
12/21/18 7:47 a.m.

People STILL sharing fear-mongering videos produced by far right hate groups on FaceBook.  I get it, you are afraid of people who don't look like you.  Please give it a rest so I can go  back to pretending our society is better than that.  Also, bonus points for bringing up my dead grandmother when I call you out on spreading racist filth.  Stay classy rural 'Murca.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/21/18 10:45 a.m.

Sometimes I get depressed when I think about how many important business decisions are made on a daily basis by people who struggle with the complexity of muting a phone during a conference call....

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/21/18 7:15 p.m.

Dear Secretary of State, when you’re going to be closed for a loooong weekend, MAKE SURE YOUR berkeleyING “24/7” KIOSKS ARE IN PROPER WORKING ORDER.  berkeley YOUR MOTHER IN HER shiny happy person!

wae
wae SuperDork
12/21/18 8:42 p.m.

Kohls, I was literally just in your store and I know for a *fact* that the things I am trying to "buy online, pick up in store" are physically in your freaking store.  Don't give me this crap that you don't have it in stock.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/21/18 8:53 p.m.

For the second time In my life I'm having some mental issues i don't know how too deal with and it's the worst time of the year for it. Physical pain I can cope with, not being able too function in day to day life because of a physical ailment seems to berkeley my brain. 

1 ... 893 894 895 896 897 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KFmPXWqwu8yjci3NotZ1bpDY4cLhnYEoi2oCWEbeej9d9kOCjRIIHppAnVHBk42u