1 ... 902 903 904 905 906 ... 1926
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
1/11/19 6:28 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

those Dr Scholls lower back pain inserts are miracle workers but then everything else starts hurting. everything. smiley

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/11/19 7:25 p.m.
Knurled. said:

All cars suck.  The key is to decide what you feel is the property of suck that means the most to you, and find a car that minimizes that.

I am going to try to remember these words; I think my problem is that I want something perfect and they just don't make that model...

Also, my current car is older but pretty awesome and I have been fortunate enough to drive some of the coolest cars out there so I might just be jaded and under appreciating things. It does help that there are others out there who get it. 

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
1/12/19 1:55 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Multi Level Marketing.  aka: Amway type of company.  Some will call it a type of pyramid scheme (it kind of is).

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/12/19 11:21 p.m.

That's much less cool than what I wanted it to be. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/13/19 12:19 p.m.

SWMBO'S deferred maintenance is killing me. Her 2001 Sante Fe is a nightmare.  When we first got together I asked, "Hey, when's the last time you changed the oil?"

"Oh...I don'tknow. "

Oooohhhhh, E36 M3, its gonna be that kind of car. It is. I probably spent 2 months worth of weekends  (both days early morning  to late at night ) fixing this turd.

Now I'm battling rear shocks that should have been replaced 100,000 miles ago.  Why can't this crap fail in summer?

Flynlow
Flynlow HalfDork
1/13/19 12:39 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

'01 Santa Fe with no maintenance and 100+k miles?  Sounds like its time to talk her into a $200/month car payment on a new POS(UV).  Something like an HRV or Rav4 that you can change the oil for her and not have any issues for 200k miles.

I agree with you, its too freaking cold to be working outside at the moment.  I have a big list of stuff to do when it warms up in march or april.   

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
1/13/19 12:57 p.m.

The modern Twinkie is but a shell of it's former glory in terms of size and filling amount. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
1/13/19 1:06 p.m.

Carried over from the pics thread.  Today I went to the garage to bleed the brakes on the hateful minivan and hopefully get it out of the garage.  The only original part of the brake system (drivers side caliper) sheared off the bleeder valve.

Back to the zone for another $65 caliper on a van I don’t even want!  The way this is going i’ll Have backed into rebuilding the whole thing just in time for the engine to seize.  Grumble.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/13/19 5:01 p.m.

I got my ass kicked by 4 nuts. The shocks have rust welded themselves to the car. I hate being defeated by something so simple. 

Positive waves, my ass.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
1/13/19 5:52 p.m.

And the battery in it is dead.  I knew it was coming but dammit van!

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/13/19 6:08 p.m.
kazoospec said:

The modern Twinkie is but a shell of it's former glory in terms of size and filling amount. 

On a similar note, I ate truckloads of Mrs Baird's apple pies growing up.  Not too long after I moved from Texas they got bought or something.  The modern recipe is a sham!  Its like they keep one apple in the factory to let its aura flavor the pies.  

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/13/19 6:19 p.m.

My wife has been in a foul mood all day. I have had stomach trouble from gas station food yesterday. Her and my daughter have been going at it. Her van broke. Just a E36 M3ty day all around, and nothing i have tried to do has made it better. 

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
1/14/19 11:54 a.m.

I came here to rant about something, but I forgot what that might be.  

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/14/19 12:31 p.m.

After a very successful show on Saturday that seems to have really energized the Dancer and renewed her zeal for putting them on, we decided that we really needed to head out to see what (if any) progress has been made on the cabin. Get out there and, lo and behold- jack shirt has been done. Near as we can tell, someone has been there since a few things were moved around from when we swept out the place, but no decks, no steps, no more to the walls. Dancer calls up the builder to find out what the fork is going on since the last 2 weeks have had plenty of good days to work, he says they hadn't planned to get out there until the next week or so and that they will still be done by the end of February.

Making matters worse, the other property owners are still essentially blowing us off regarding sharing the cost of the electrical run, and we found out today that just the wire & conduit will likely cost several thousand more than initially quoted AND because of the delays the original digging company is now busy so another (more costly) one will have to do the trenching for the wire.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/14/19 2:58 p.m.

And, when it rains it pours.

The Dancer's 2008 Mercury Mariner- the one whose engine died about 7 months ago and I quickly sourced and swapped in a replacement for which was only supposed to have to last for a few months after that until the cabin was done and financed- just threw a CEL and seems to be running more roughly. We badly need to replace this (needed to replace it months ago) but since the cabin is still not done can't easily get rid of it and buy something new (or at least newer) for her since a) we don't know how much of the cash we have handy will be needed for things on the cabin and b) we don't want to finance it and have a brand new auto loan on the books when we go to get the final financing on the cabin. Realistically if we'd known the cabin was going to take this long we should probably just have gotten something back last summer when it would have been half a year between the car loan/expense and the cabin financing.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
1/14/19 4:23 p.m.

Allegiant Air keeps blowing up my inbox with cheap airfare to Punta Gorda.

It's 70* and sunny there.

Here, it's 26*, overcast and we have almost a foot of snow on the ground with more heading our way.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/14/19 4:40 p.m.
SaltyDog said:

Allegiant Air keeps blowing up my inbox with cheap airfare to Punta Gorda.

It's 70* and sunny there.

Here, it's 26*, overcast and we have almost a foot of snow on the ground with more heading our way.

One of our lyft drivers in Orlando told us that Bloomington to Orlando-Sanford is like $100 roundtrip. FYI.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/15/19 1:45 p.m.

Is it berkeley this E36 M3 o'clock yet?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/15/19 2:09 p.m.

My hands and feet are numb enough that sticking my hootus in an electrical socket seems like a viable option. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/15/19 4:23 p.m.

I've only been commuting to the new job 3 weeks and I'm wondering if this is how serial killers are born.

It took me 1hr 26mins to get home today. Terrible rubber band traffic. Only 2 panic stops today though.

I reaaaaly hope the state doesn't take all 30 days to get me my license plates so I can hurry up and get an electronic toll transponder so I can use the expressway. Using the expressway will cost me $6 per day, or about $120 a month. Plus all the fuel I'll be burning commuting 70 miles per day.

What a fool I was in renting this house. Why does a single guy need a 4 bedroom, 2200sq ft house? It's completely empty until I can afford to have all of my furniture shipped to me. I saw it has a 3 car garage and made a very impulse decision.

I should of found a 2 bedroom apartment or townhouse a lot closer to work. But ZOMG I NEED A HOUSE WITH A GARAGE.

What a fool I am angry.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/15/19 4:27 p.m.

The stench of my annoying coworker's hazelnut coffee is very close to making me vomit.

I am eating Altoids mints like they were, well, candy.

I wish I had some Vicks to put on my upper lip like they do when they visit the autopsy room on cop shows.  An autopsy would probably smell better.

wae
wae SuperDork
1/15/19 6:27 p.m.

As usual, I've waited until the absolute last minute to start working on essential repairs to the motorhome.  Leaving for the Rolex in 6 days, 19 hours, 33 minutes and I still need to figure out if I need new house batteries or if there's something draining them excessively, figure out why extending the jacks kills the engine (spoiler alert, I think it was a loose battery cable, but I need to put the battery on the charger for a bit to make certain), take the left front wheel off, find someone to change the tire, put the wheel back on, figure out what's going on with the front suspension to cause it to cord the inside of the tire in about 2000 miles, and then fix whatever that something is.  And more snow/freezing rain/crappy weather coming up.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
1/15/19 6:29 p.m.

Apparently I managed to resprain my ankle doing jack E36 M3, months after the original sprain.

I can't work if I can walk or carry things or stand for any appreciable time, not that I was working a whole hell of a lot anyway since it turns out heaters break waaaaaaayy less than AC.  My last paycheck was 148 dollars over two berkeleying weeks and it's still going to be more than my next one now.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/16/19 12:50 a.m.

I don’t remember the last time I had a good night’s sleep 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/16/19 9:03 a.m.

If it makes you feel any better,  I don't remember the last time I slept at all.

I

1 ... 902 903 904 905 906 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bF1Nx30uy1rFZmbTHiJ1cO39MCBsG6eO7DnXv7io3if5J9b0F7WKJEyw90pjNcdE