1 ... 906 907 908 909 910 ... 1929
Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/21/19 8:55 a.m.
SaltyDog said:

It's cold and my Keurig isn't working.

I've got the cold DW had last week.  It's not terribly bad as colds go but the one thing it does is kill 90% of your energy.  Plus I was awake all night lstening to my lungs gurdle.  And I'm tense from having to conciously pace my breathing - deep enough to get air through my stuffy sinuses, but not deep enough to provoke a coughing fit.

This is relevant because I keep making cups of hot sweet water by forgetting to actually put a K-cup in the machine.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/21/19 11:00 a.m.

I work outside. 6-12 a day. In all weather short of a open downpour. I run survey equipment with a controller that looks like a super-sized Blackberry. I have to uses thin gloves to accurately push the correct buttons. Hearing people complain about the cold, especially with indoor jobs, leaves me with a taste of comtempt.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/19 6:41 p.m.

If you have to put, "Wait for It," before a video you are sharing, it's a good indicator you suck at video editing. 

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/19 6:45 p.m.
Duke said:
SaltyDog said:

It's cold and my Keurig isn't working.

I've got the cold DW had last week.  It's not terribly bad as colds go but the one thing it does is kill 90% of your energy.  Plus I was awake all night lstening to my lungs gurdle.  And I'm tense from having to conciously pace my breathing - deep enough to get air through my stuffy sinuses, but not deep enough to provoke a coughing fit.

This is relevant because I keep making cups of hot sweet water by forgetting to actually put a K-cup in the machine.

“Hot Sweet Water” sounds like a Keurig with a “pod” in the machine.  God they make terrible tasting coffee and a ton of waste :/ 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/21/19 7:39 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

That is correct, but it is all I have access to at work. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/22/19 9:30 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:
AWSX1686 said:

Veto me one time because "policy" is not in place to backup my reasoning, is one thing. Once the policy is in place and I am trying to do what I understand to be my job, by guiding those under my leadership to adhere to said policy and you immediately veto me again, we got problems. Tell me what you want and let me do it, or do it yourself. I'm tired of this limbo. I'm not trying to disrespect authority, but if this is how it's going to be, I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to play. 

I sent a very direct email yesterday. Either they are going to let me do what I need to do, or else that role is irrelevant and there's not much point in me sticking around. 

Still waiting for a response. 

Yeah, that either or thing? They went right in the middle. Will have a meeting soon to sit down in person and figure things out. Still not sure how it's going to shake out. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
1/22/19 2:10 p.m.

I am sick at work and blasted on dyquil right now. One of  our guys called in sick because his shower was not working. Three days already this year he has been missing or had a half day for E36 M3 reasons. 

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
1/22/19 2:52 p.m.
Duke said:

In reply to Stefan :

You can get a french press at walmart for like 12 bucks, should be able to swing that instead of relying on the dirty water machine.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/22/19 3:38 p.m.
Grizz said:
Duke said:

In reply to Stefan :

You can get a french press at walmart for like 12 bucks, should be able to swing that instead of relying on the dirty water machine.

PITA to clean at work though.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
1/22/19 3:46 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

The one I have rinses nicely, piss easy to clean out.

I have this one, but it's 20 bucks on walmarts site and I'm pretty sure I bought it in store for like 17

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/22/19 4:15 p.m.
mtn said:
Grizz said:
Duke said:

In reply to Stefan :

PITA to clean at work though.

This.  I have a china bathroom sink to work in, no easy source of hot enough water, etc.  I live with the Keurig.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/22/19 7:30 p.m.

I know yankees love boiled bland food.  Living and traveling in the Northeast for the past 4 years has confirmed all the stories I heard before moving here about their bland diet.   I am currently sitting at a Dennys because I had a hankering for eggs.  Server brings my eggs, I ask for hot sauce.  He says "hot sauce?" While looking at my food.  I say "for the eggs". He then replies "for the eggs?" with a confused look.  I confirm it is for the eggs and he brings it to me and watches me put it on.  There is no way I am the first person to put hot sauce on eggs in Burlington.  Am I?  Am I a revolutionary like the first dude to boil potatoes in salt water in Utica?

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
1/22/19 9:19 p.m.

In reply to logdog :

My mother was a Connecticut yankee. Couldn't cook for E36 M3. That is why I learned how to!

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/22/19 10:25 p.m.

There is about a 75% chance that a "by owner" Craigslist ad will have a phone number that googles out to a car dealership.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
1/22/19 10:37 p.m.

In reply to Mike :

sometimes I wonder why I even bother filtering by owner but I still do. indecision  ain't nobody raised right nowadays?  I tell myself well technically they are the owner.  with motorcycles on cl I never filter out.  less asshats in the  2 wheel world? laugh  I suppose the pics are usually the best giveaway.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/23/19 12:42 a.m.

If you want to trade a vehicle and you commit to a time and place, ffs make sure you can make it. Dont text me questions while driving that you should have asked before you committed to looking at it. Dont pester me all day with questions about wanting to meet earlier, or send me a message 25min before we meet to ask me if we are still meeting. And dont act like an entitled asshat when im sitting there at the spot we are supposed to meet at and you tell me that you are running 40min late because you never bothered to look at google maps for the location you committed to until you are driving down the road 10 min after you are supposed to meet and tell me my directions suck when all ive given you is an intersection or 2 major streets and the name of the place we are meeting. If you cant find something from there, you are a berkeleying idiot. If you cant be anywhere near on time because you are an idiot dont have a E36 M3ty attitude and act like you are entitled to making me wait 40min. Kindly berkeley the hell off

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/23/19 8:55 a.m.

Dammit. I just agreed to do a triathlon. What the hell was I thinking? I ain't no athlete; I'm a hockey player.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/23/19 11:32 a.m.
mtn said:

Dammit. I just agreed to do a triathlon. What the hell was I thinking? I ain't no athlete; I'm a hockey player.

Skate, shoot and score.  How tough is that?

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/19 12:46 p.m.
Mike said:

There is about a 75% chance that a "by owner" Craigslist ad will have a phone number that googles out to a car dealership.

Report the ads so they'll get pulled.  Its the only way to keep CL relatively reasonable.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/19 3:41 p.m.

So I noticed this summer that the number plate light cover on the Disco was cracked. Looking up used ones on ebay revealed eyewatering prices. For some reason out of all the Rover vehicles, Disco parts command the highest prices. So, intent on repairing the cover, I pulled it today. Once I figured it out, the process was not too bad, even if you do need to remove the latch on the rear door to do it. The issue is the cover itself.

For a country that enjoys a lot of rain, the UK certainly has a weird idea of how to seal things up. The entire cover was hollow with seals around each of the two number plate lights and one big seal that covered the complete open end of the cover. If water gets in, there is no way for it to get out. The seal on mine perished at the top in one small spot and filled with water, rotting out the lights and once the water froze, cracking the cover in multiple places.

I seem to recall my Father's MGs and Triumphs having other odd ideas on how to seal things against water intrusion.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
1/23/19 4:43 p.m.

Politics.

Soak 'em all.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/19 5:20 p.m.
mtn said:

I hope I never make that mistake.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/23/19 8:33 p.m.
Wally said:
mtn said:

I hope I never make that mistake.

I alway go for the Gordie Howe hat trick: a goal, an assist, and a fight.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
1/23/19 8:43 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

i remember thinking the same thought when the newest Fiesta came out in the early 90s and had problems leaking from the windshield from new. indecision

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/19 8:41 a.m.

My new battery came last night, too late to install. It's warm outside, but pouring down rain.

1 ... 906 907 908 909 910 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TEusQA1h9PKpsLiP5KIX3S7JBQkB0CXVUstaashjQlHoUfp0eis8kqLBIHTpboKz