1 ... 922 923 924 925 926 ... 1929
Don49
Don49 Dork
2/21/19 4:15 p.m.

Kazoo,

Does the insurance on your son's car have uninsured motorist coverage?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/21/19 4:24 p.m.

well, that seems pretty cut and shut for Kazoo Jr. I am not sure about where you live, but here in NJ an unlicensed driver is automatically at fault. The thought being that somebody without a license should not be driving in the first place.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
2/21/19 4:40 p.m.

Unfortunately, Michigan is a no fault state and uninsured motorist (despite the ENORMOUS price tag) only covers long-term medical, not property damage.  Kazoo Jr's car was a PL/PD car because it just isn't worth that much so our insurance doesn't really cover the car itself.  I did learn, however, that the predatory lending agency that loaned to said shiny happy person retains title to the vehicle so they can easily repossess it.  So, there may be some liability there on their part, especially if he was already unlicensed when they loaned to him and turned him out on the streets . . . in a vehicle they still own.  All of this is pending information I won't have until I get the police report. 

We pay some of the highest prices in the nation and still get craptacular coverage.  Yay Michigan!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/21/19 4:46 p.m.
kazoospec said:

Unfortunately, Michigan is a no fault state and uninsured motorist (despite the ENORMOUS price tag) only covers long-term medical, not property damage.  Kazoo Jr's car was a PL/PD car because it just isn't worth that much so our insurance doesn't really cover the car itself.  I did learn, however, that the predatory lending agency that loaned to said shiny happy person retains title to the vehicle so they can easily repossess it.  So, there may be some liability there on their part, especially if he was already unlicensed when they loaned to him and turned him out on the streets . . . in a vehicle they still own.  All of this is pending information I won't have until I get the police report. 

We pay some of the highest prices in the nation and still get craptacular coverage.  Yay Michigan!

My parents got hit in Michigan. Illinois Insurance, thankfully, but what a PITA that experience was. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/21/19 5:33 p.m.
kazoospec said:

Thanks to the uninsured, unlicensed shiny happy person who to tried to u-turn in front of my son, my tax return will go to fix his car, not mine.  Thanks also to the predatory car loan place that turned said shiny happy person loose on the street with no license or insurance.  You'll be happy to know he's still rockin' your sticker.

Good news is Kazoo Jr. is fine.  And props to Kazoo Jr. for responding to said shiny happy person's question "why didn't you brake (implied part: while I executed my illegal u-turn, in front of you, from one lane away, covering both available lanes of travel)?" by pointing out to said shiny happy person the black skid marks on the pavement. 

At least your son is ok though. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
2/21/19 6:52 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Thanks.  Also important: We haven't installed it yet, so no "Interstellar Sledgehammer" bumper stickers were harmed in this accident.  

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/21/19 7:03 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

It should be- but it really depends on how diligent the police are in their reporting. Back when I was in HS my mom got into an accident with a car-full of migrant workers in NoCal- like twice the number of people in the vehicle as seat belts, unlicensed, uninsured and ran a red light- but the police didn't note those things on their report and they tried suing our insurance for medical costs which eventually resulted in my Mom having to fly back from Germany (where we were transferred to in the months after the accident) to testify at the hearing on it.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/21/19 8:52 p.m.

I would like it to stop raining. That is all. It has rained for about a month straight.  5 inches alone this week.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
2/21/19 9:32 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

I got a good dash cam and I try not to drive without it (switching vehicles for work poses challenges) to prove I was not at fault. I am also adding a mount to the semi I drive even though it has a build in camera, I want independent, not company controlled video proof.

Edit -- As for my prior rant about being cursed by magazines, I just ordered the "Back Issue Blowout Box" to attempt breaking my curse. If there are other possible cures, let me know.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
2/22/19 10:03 a.m.

I really try to not be a grammar nazi, especially here. I just worry about me and leave it alone, at least I try to. But I just got a mass email from our HR director with several big spelling mistakes. It is a casual reminder that today is a deadline but it is making my skin hurt. With computers today there should be no reason to have electronic spelling errors. Damn!

Also work is scary slow. Not worry about my job slow, but ask the boss for grunt work just to pass time slow. Double damn!

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
2/22/19 11:09 a.m.

I am not feeling it today.

My dog ran away on Wednesday and we haven't been able to find him. Thorough search of several square miles of countryside and canvassing the neighborhood door-to-door. 

If we'd found him dead in a ditch, that'd be better than this. Every noise at night is him at the backdoor, every car driving by slow is someone bringing him back, every call or text is somebody found him. The cycle of hope and disappointment is exhausting.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
2/22/19 12:17 p.m.
barefootskater said:

I really try to not be a grammar nazi, especially here. I just worry about me and leave it alone, at least I try to. But I just got a mass email from our HR director with several big spelling mistakes. It is a casual reminder that today is a deadline but it is making my skin hurt. With computers today there should be no reason to have electronic spelling errors. Damn!

I just had a document come across my desk with so many spelling and grammar mistakes I needed to go get another cup of coffee to cope.

They misspelled "quality".  Twice.  And each time they misspelled it a different way.  It takes effort to be this berkeleying stupid.  

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/19 1:29 p.m.
kazoospec said:

In reply to Antihero :

Thanks.  Also important: We haven't installed it yet, so no "Interstellar Sledgehammer" bumper stickers were harmed in this accident.  

I would have gladly sent you more if it had lol

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/19 2:16 p.m.

This is the 5th Monday this week.

Pretty sure I need a vacation. 

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
2/22/19 4:35 p.m.

Of course it's the one right over the starter that was leaking.

Of course it's the one that's been replaced before.

Upside is I don't have to do anything excessive to get a new on in I guess.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/22/19 5:31 p.m.

They put a new median in dividing the highway in front of my favorite parts store. Makes a parts run take an extra 10 minutes and 2 miles now.

berkeleyers.

Dusterbd13-michael
2/23/19 9:44 a.m.

Went to lowes to cash in on my lifetime warrenty craftsman ratchets and sockets that ive broken.

They wont honor the warranty unless proof of purchase from lowes, with exact same part number. You have to go through some 1-800 number bullE36 M3.

Im pissed. Pissed enough that craftsman may have lost a lifetime customer.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/23/19 11:12 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Dude. BS. That sucks. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/23/19 12:28 p.m.

For christmas I got a black and decker cordless mouse. It works great, it's quieter, makes less dust, and is actually better balanced than the corded mouse. Upon receiving my cordless mouse, the corded one ran away and hid.

I just brought home a new corded one and the original corded one suddenly appears. Now I have a Nest of Black and Decker Mice

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
2/23/19 12:31 p.m.

Go to a Sears store. I have never been asked to provide proof of purchase which is good because I've been using those tools about 41 years.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/23/19 3:45 p.m.

I can't survive on unemployment much longer. They didn't pay me for the first week, and 2 weeks later, when I  did get it it was $276.00. That's, $138.00 a week. I'll give surveying 2 more weeks, then I'm going to have to tell them good bye. 

"We'll still work you 1 or 2 days a week", my ass. I haven't heard a peep in 3 weeks. Glad you're still giving the new guy 40 hours. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
2/23/19 4:04 p.m.
Bent-Valve said:

Go to a Sears store. I have never been asked to provide proof of purchase which is good because I've been using those tools about 41 years.

Good idea.  If you can find one.  A lot have been shut down.  Orland Park, Oak Brook for a while.   

Dusterbd13-michael
2/23/19 5:26 p.m.

Yup. Nearest sears is 40 miles and populated entirely by peckerheads.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
2/23/19 5:32 p.m.

Bubble bubble toilet trouble, stomach churn and butthole bubble.

Got some awful stomach bug that's had me out of commission for 3 days now.  First upper stomach, now... yeah, out the bottom. Feel useless, wife is taking care of our 7 month old, she's exhausted. I hope against hope he doesn't catch this.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
2/23/19 5:36 p.m.
Apexcarver said:

Bubble bubble toilet trouble, stomach churn and butthole bubble.

Got some awful stomach bug that's had me out of commission for 3 days now.  First upper stomach, now... yeah, out the bottom. Feel useless, wife is taking care of our 7 month old, she's exhausted. I hope against hope he doesn't catch this.

Got the "Man flu" over here.  Death is almost certainly imminent.  

1 ... 922 923 924 925 926 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HroIjXksj58zrhrjlnQHfzLCEv3HtQsNWui62lRYEAZ3FwIotf8k8xCIp8O5eZxe