1 ... 948 949 950 951 952 ... 1927
mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/11/19 2:03 p.m.

It is time to put the good wheels back on the Lexus, but the potholes on my route to work are extremely bad right now. Thinking it may be prudent to wait until they get filled. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/11/19 9:42 p.m.

Been on hold with TurboTax because of something wonky. 3.25 hours at the time of this rant. If I get cut off again, I will be so filled with rage I will spit hellfire and piss molten lead.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
4/11/19 9:57 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Been on hold with TurboTax because of something wonky. 3.25 hours at the time of this rant. If I get cut off again, I will be so filled with rage I will spit hellfire and piss molten lead.

I hate doing taxes so much I pay an accountant, one that I can see in person.

Of course i started that when my taxes were a nightmare. 

So now we go back every year. It's kind of nice and low stress. The low stress is worth the money.

Rant part -- I will say AutoZone is the worse company EVER to try to get my W4 from. Didn't mail it to me, then told me to goto a website, that didn't work, back to the store. No use this website...didnt work there either. A weeks hassle to get my W4 weeks after the latest date it should have been mailed according to the law.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
4/11/19 11:26 p.m.

Neighbors, just one in particular, bitching about lawn care and amount of vehicles in the yard when there is NO code enforcement of any kind in this county. It’s just know to a temp when you CAN mow the weeds down... 

They even went so far to air out the bullE36 M3 on Facebook but never to our faces.... sigh.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/11/19 11:32 p.m.

5.25 hours on hold. "PLEASE CONTINUE TO HOLD. YOUR CALL IS IMPORTANT TO US. " BULLE36 M3, YOU LYING COCKSUCKERS. When I call back tomorrow I will not be the nice guy you've dealt with the past 2 days. 

You're goddamn lucky my phone's battery is at 2%. 

berkeleyers.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/12/19 12:12 a.m.

I'm so pissed off I can't even sleep. 

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/12/19 1:27 a.m.

Can't sleep.  Brain keeps replaying a tramatic event over and over.  

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/12/19 7:38 a.m.
Toyman01 said:

Do not call me with your problem if you can't be bothered to read and follow the damn instructions. 

Ugh. Yes. I sent you instructions along with the request to do a task. Read the instructions!!!!!!!!!

wae
wae SuperDork
4/12/19 8:02 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:
Toyman01 said:

Do not call me with your problem if you can't be bothered to read and follow the damn instructions. 

Ugh. Yes. I sent you instructions along with the request to do a task. Read the instructions!!!!!!!!!

The worst is when you write instructions, provide instructions, and then have to intervene to help because "the instructions don't work".  I nearly ruptured that vein in my forehead when the dude says "oh, well, I just skipped that section".  Yeah.  I'm the a-hole because I wrote instructions that require that every step in them be followed in order to achieve the goal that said instructions are designed to reach.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/12/19 8:11 p.m.

How was your Friday evening? I spent mine chasing a short in the core and wing sensors on a revolving door. sad

Turns out it's in the slip ring, which is kind of like a spinal cord. Everything goes through it. It's insanely expensive and shouldn't take more than 3-4 hours to replace. Oh, and it will have to be ordered out of Europe. 

The only thing stupider than a German made door are the idiots that think it's a good idea to buy one.  

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/12/19 8:14 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

Do not question our engineers.  Zey haf determined the optimal method.  

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/12/19 8:24 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

There are two American made doors in this same building. Neither one of those doors has failed in the 1.5 years since we took over the contract. Both of those doors have been in service since 1991. They run 24/7/365. 

This door has been in service less than 5 years. I am having to repair something on it every month or so. That doesn't count all the resets that the maintenance department does before they call me. It's just a piss poor design. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/12/19 8:56 p.m.

I cant actually get a fuel pressure gauge on the test port/Schrader valve without pulling the upper intake. 

Why????????

Is there some bespoke fuel pressure tester i know nothing about with a 1 inch radius 90 end on it and a gm part number or something?????

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/12/19 10:26 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

Nein!  Nein!  Our engineers have determined the optimal methods!  

Our agents will be watching you...

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/19 4:16 a.m.

The only times I feel really motivated to work on any of my projects are socially unacceptable.  Or "It's 4AM and I feel like tackling the fun job of replacing the fan on a 13B swapped Series 2 RX-7".

The fan is held on by nuts, but the clearance is so tight that you have to remove the studs from the water pump to get the fan out.  You can't remove the radiator to get it out of the way unless the fan shroud is out of the way to unbolt the oil cooler, and you can't remove the fan shroud with the fan in the way...  Yes, an electric fan would make life easier, but I hate living with them on a car not engineered around them.  And I only need to replace the fan because I found out too late that an FC fan is larger diameter than a 12A FB fan and the FC fan is in hard contact with the shroud.  The FC fan is only there because I decided to use an FC water pump, which precludes the use of an FB fan clutch...

I really wish I could have just stuck a 12A in this thing.  I have good rotor housings and good rotors.  I will definitely be shipping some side housings off to Chips to have them ground/coated/lapped so I can have a 12A in here again, because originality means that much to me.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/13/19 4:33 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I'm taking a break from pulling old wiring out of my GTA at 4:32 am. Is this not normal? 

Knurled.
4/13/19 11:02 a.m.

The Jetta thread has me annoyed about something that somebody did to a car of mine that I last saw in 2007.  It had good synchros before he drove it.  Didn't realize that he thought the shifter was an arcade punching game.

The rant is that this should not bother me as much as it does, in 2019.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/13/19 11:38 a.m.

Oh Jesus berkeleying Christ, are you sitting me?

New pre bent lines leak at the fitting. Go to Napa, buy a 30 inch piece of line with ends on it. Ask for the ranger ends, compare to what I have in my hand, looks good. Get home, try the prebent line one more time, and it leaks. Pull it off, put in the new straight line, berkeleying fitting won't thread on. Now yet another trip to the store.

I berkeleying hate brake lines. I berkeleying hate brake lines. I berkeleying hate brake lines.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/13/19 7:58 p.m.

Could not get the damn o2 sensor off. Can’t replace it if I can’t get it off. Can’t pass emissions if I can’t replace it. Damnit. 

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
4/13/19 8:11 p.m.

Octopus: eight legs

octogon: eight sides

octomom: eight kids

october: the tenth month. 

WTF

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
4/13/19 9:04 p.m.

Dear beer companies:  I don't care what your ad people said, whispering at me during your commercial is stupid and creepy.  Stop it.  

Knurled.
4/13/19 9:04 p.m.
barefootskater said:

WTF

Sept-ember is also the 9th month despite sept = 7.

November is also the 11th month despite non- = 9.  (nonagon, etc)

December is also the 12th month despite deca = 10.

Here's a hint:   The numbers got screwed up sometime about when Julius Caesar and Augustus Caesar were around.

We also pronounce Caesar wrong, it's supposed to have a "hard" C not a soft C.  So it's really pronounced "kaiser".  More hmm.

/but aside from all that, what ELSE have the Romans done for us?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/13/19 9:12 p.m.
barefootskater said:

WTF

Roman emperors, that’s what. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/13/19 9:59 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

The aqueduct? 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/14/19 10:22 a.m.

You can't have Rocky movies without Roman numerals. 

1 ... 948 949 950 951 952 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kvtLL3bLHllAc04tiZOKoNFqi0pW5dbPfUUldX1NoS5r5T2GGLsFIGHFRXv40l8o