1 ... 951 952 953 954 955 ... 1926
Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/19 9:00 a.m.

This device apparently does not exist in this universe.  The part number does not exist in any parts book.  It looks just like a GM vent solenoid, mounts to thw filler neck with the F. U. retainer clip that GM loves to use, and has a FoMoCo logo on it, a Ford part number, and a Ford style connector...

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
4/19/19 9:21 a.m.

I hate being stressed by home rennovations.  This isn't a rant about bad installation of new counters- they are doing a great job other than one backsplash not being the right height (which they are making another for).

This is a rant that I'm stressed when I should not be.  And it's not really stress, is the anxious feeling you get when it's just a little more than being worried.  Kind of sucks.  It's going to work out great, it's going to work out great , it's going to turn out great.

Knurled.
4/19/19 9:27 a.m.

Also, neither Denso nor Bosch make a downstream O2 sensor that fits the right side of a 3.7l Liberty.  Both are too long and hit the transmission.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
4/19/19 1:02 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Another blown head gasket.

Toyota's vaunted 22R can kiss my ass.

The LeMons guys will agree. As I recall, that and the small block Chevy are the least reliable engines in LeMons

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
4/19/19 4:03 p.m.
Knurled. said:

Also, neither Denso nor Bosch make a downstream O2 sensor that fits the right side of a 3.7l Liberty.  Both are too long and hit the transmission.

Most dcx vehicles use ntk/ngk sensors.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
4/19/19 4:07 p.m.

So after being a dumbass on Saturday that resulted in a black eye and shoulda been broken nose but only got a nasty looking cut on it, I finally have strep on top of it. Went got diagnosed officially Wednesday, it all started on Monday morning about 2 or 3am, but feel like absolute dog poo, still. That’s even after starting antibiotics.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
4/19/19 6:34 p.m.

Well, E36 M3, guess I'm single again. Blindsided by that one

Knurled.
4/19/19 6:40 p.m.
Ranger50 said:
Knurled. said:

Most dcx vehicles use ntk/ngk sensors.

The second NTK sensor fit.  The first one had the wrong connector.

So, yes, the FOURTH ONE.. STAYED OOP!

(NTK = oxygen sensors, NGK = spark plugs.  Yeah, it's the same company, but still)

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
4/19/19 8:07 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Tell me about it... get confused all the time.  

(but I'm far from a fan of NTK hardware- Bosch is much more consistent and repeatable.)

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
4/19/19 8:10 p.m.

Parked in Marshalltown IA for the night. I can hear a screaming motor or two like a Mighty Modified but can't see where it's coming from. It's farther than walking distance.

It's like a sirens call, it's driving me nuts.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
4/19/19 8:13 p.m.

BERKELEY! ITS A WHOLE PACK OF THEM.

There's a track a few miles from here!

So much for sleep.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/19/19 9:33 p.m.
NickD said:

Bummer, dude. It always sucks but it really sucks when you're the only one who didn’t see it coming. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/19/19 11:53 p.m.

My neighbors decided to throw a fit about street parking as soon as I got out of the car tonight. I tried to handle it calmly, but it ended up being about 10 minutes of yelling at each other in the end. I’m so “inconsiderate” apparently. Ugh!!!!

I’m not a confrontational person, but if you’re starting the issue with me by yelling instead of just asking nicely, it would go a whole lot better. 

Anyways, calmed down by looking at houses online to be not so close to neighbors in general. Actually found one we might want to look at. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
4/20/19 7:31 a.m.

Cat decided to scatter bits of poop and litter all over the carpet.  Meanwhile, the other cat coughed up one hell of a hairball.  This morning is not going so great.

Knurled.
4/20/19 9:21 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

The joy of having multiple cats is that when you wake up in the middle of the night to find that one of them horked all over the carpet, if you just go back to bed, by morning the pile of hork will have turned into a mild carpet stain.

It's best not to think about HOW it transformed into a mild carpet stain. Especially when you're sitting on the couch trying to read something while one of the cats is on your chest licking your chin.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
4/20/19 6:53 p.m.
Duke said:
NickD said:

Bummer, dude. It always sucks but it really sucks when you're the only one who didn’t see it coming. 

I'm not even sure she saw it coming. She lit into me yesterday morning for "remaining stagnant as a person" but she'd been really stressed at work and dealt with depression and bipolar disorder. I respectfully disagreed internally but just kinda shrugged it off. Then a few hours later she said she had known I hadn't wanted kids but at a recent gathering had seen how deep-rooted it was and simultaneously changed her mind on also not wanting kids. 

It wasn't a huge screaming match or argument or anything. Just we got talking and she said she felt it was irresponsible and unfair to me to be in a relationship in her mental state, and even if things got better with her, there seams a major fundamental issue. I said it sounded like she had made up her mind. And that was it. And then I called my previous ex and talked to her because I don't know why.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/20/19 9:20 p.m.

I'm sorry, buddy. I wish I had answers. We're here if you need to talk.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
4/20/19 10:18 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Another blown head gasket.

Toyota's vaunted 22R can kiss my ass.

Man isn’t that the truth.  I had one that ate several head gaskets. I got sick of it and sold the truck.  Don’t want another one.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/20/19 10:26 p.m.
NickD said:
Duke said:
NickD said:

I'm not even sure she saw it coming. She lit into me yesterday morning for "remaining stagnant as a person" but she'd been really stressed at work and dealt with depression and bipolar disorder. I respectfully disagreed internally but just kinda shrugged it off. Then a few hours later she said she had known I hadn't wanted kids but at a recent gathering had seen how deep-rooted it was and simultaneously changed her mind on also not wanting kids. 

It wasn't a huge screaming match or argument or anything. Just we got talking and she said she felt it was irresponsible and unfair to me to be in a relationship in her mental state, and even if things got better with her, there seams a major fundamental issue. I said it sounded like she had made up her mind. And that was it. And then I called my previous ex and talked to her because I don't know why.

That sucks man, but years from now i think youll see this as dodging a bullet.

It probably doesnt help much now, but it will

NickD
NickD PowerDork
4/20/19 11:24 p.m.

It just sucks in general. I spent 7 years wandering in the dark after I pretty much single-handedly destroyed a relationship with the perfect girl and I didn't trust myself anymore. And then things seemed great with this girl, we hit it off, had been dating just weeks short of a year, no major arguments, similar viewpoints but different hobbies.

I really don't look forward to trying to meet someone again. There's nothing in my area for people my age to meet and even if there were, I have very bad social anxiety with that kind of stuff. Like when I tried going to bars, I would literally have nervous breakdowns walking towards the door. And dating apps suuuuck. It was 8 months of using the damn things with absolutely no hits or meetups until her.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/20/19 11:38 p.m.
NickD said:

It just sucks in general. I spent 7 years wandering in the dark after I pretty much single-handedly destroyed a relationship with the perfect girl and I didn't trust myself anymore. And then things seemed great with this girl, we hit it off, had been dating just weeks short of a year, no major arguments, similar viewpoints but different hobbies.

I really don't look forward to trying to meet someone again. There's nothing in my area for people my age to meet and even if there were, I have very bad social anxiety with that kind of stuff. Like when I tried going to bars, I would literally have nervous breakdowns walking towards the door. And dating apps suuuuck. It was 8 months of using the damn things with absolutely no hits or meetups until her.

I met my wife thru online dating, works well for someone who only goes to bars when i play in them and is fairly antisocial.

Funny thing about stuff like that.....it only really has to work once for it to be a great thing, could be hundreds of strikeouts but that one homerun makes it all worth it.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
4/21/19 8:28 a.m.

I took a commercial driving job at JB Hunt last August. I needed money and to get back into the workforce after school.

I applied for an Computer Science (CS) internship using our totally E36 M3 website a few weeks ago.

Today I am looking today at stuff on the website and can't see/find that I EVER APPLIED!

It is such a piece of E36 M3 that a even guy with a CS degree (me) has trouble navigating it!

Seriously, the same day I did that I applied at another company and have interviewed and expect an answer this next week.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
4/21/19 10:39 a.m.

On our way to my mothers’ house for Easter lunch.  Let’s take the Jag kids!

Nope, just a gross grinding sound as the starter fails to engage.  Add one more thing to my list of things to fix.  

We’re taking the sons’ Fiesta instead.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/21/19 11:07 a.m.

Another 6 hours and hundreds of bucks, and the truck still isn't right. 

Rag and a lighter may just replace the gas cap.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/21/19 11:15 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Be sure to get a permit first! laugh

1 ... 951 952 953 954 955 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YOeB7z3wHYxqucYTZkP3xXoVLmng604jA2ri1RTxySDHBC2FT2bsfz91cURjgXGN