1 ... 970 971 972 973 974 ... 1926
Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/16/19 9:37 a.m.

I'm scrambling to come up with the data to show that my mistake several months back on a model is not going to invalidate the last few months of work following that mistake- and I get an email from my (on paper) boss that says, "Hey, you're overdue for these two required trainings- do them ASAP!"

*pulls up training website* The trainings are on insider trading and truth in contract negotiations- neither are things that I'm remotely in a position to have to worry about. And yet I still have to waste and hour of my time on this E36 M3. 

I cannot express how glad I am that this is one of the weeks when I have Friday off- even if I am going to have to be dealing with the builder and cabin stuff on that Friday off.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/16/19 9:40 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

I can see closing a bit early, what I find baffling is that my ihop started opening at 8am for a while.  That seems late for a place in the pancake business.

Ashyukun (Robert)
5/16/19 9:59 a.m.

In reply to Wally :

I don't think they have any right to be called an IHOP if they're not open 24 hours a day...

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/16/19 10:15 a.m.

berkeley my left knee and hip

ThurdFerguson
ThurdFerguson New Reader
5/16/19 10:18 a.m.
dculberson said:

. Anybody know a good utility lawyer in Ohio??

Do you have a public service commission?  If you do, start there.  

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
5/16/19 10:27 a.m.

In reply to ThurdFerguson :

Unfortunately this is a municipal owned utility, so our PUCO does not regulate it.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/16/19 11:10 a.m.
Wally said:

I can see closing a bit early, what I find baffling is that my ihop started opening at 8am for a while.  That seems late for a place in the pancake business.

Was that during the IHOB adventure?

NermalSnert
NermalSnert Reader
5/16/19 1:28 p.m.

What forces are at work in the universe that cause a pistol type garden hose nozzle to land on the handle and shoot water full force up my pants leg or in my left nostril 99.9999% of the time EVERY TIME I WASH THE CAR!?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/16/19 1:38 p.m.
NermalSnert said:

What forces are at work in the universe that cause a pistol type garden hose nozzle to land on the handle and shoot water full force up my pants leg or in my left nostril 99.9999% of the time EVERY TIME I WASH THE CAR!?

Oh, that force of nature is me.   That's my superpower.   Sorry.

Ashyukun (Robert)
5/16/19 2:07 p.m.

Son of a... *sigh*

Well, I've spent the last day and a half fixing the problem with the model I ran 2 months ago and checking to see what the impact of that will be on the work I've done based on it. The 'good news'? The data from the new model is less critical than that of the original one- meaning that technically the work I've done over the last 2 months doesn't have to be thrown out. The frustrating/'not-so-good' news? The results of the new model are significantly less critical than the old one- such that if I'd been working with the new data from the get-go I'd have been finished with everything by now. 

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
5/16/19 3:53 p.m.
NermalSnert said:

There is a ritual involving Tequila that won't lessen the chances but will make you care less, or not at all.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/16/19 4:14 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

I didn't realize until after I got home and opened the package that I bought Micro2 fuses instead of Mini. That's what I get for not paying attention.

Dammit frown

Amazon to the rescue! For $9, I bought a 120 piece mini fuse kit that came with a nice little carrying case compared to the $5.99 5 piece pack I bought yesterday at the local AdvanceZone Parts. Even got free 1 day shpping. Now my A/C works again in my Transit Connect. I replaced the fuses that was previously occupied by 2 Add-A-Fuses powering some sort of fleet management GPS dongle. Success!

Ugh, why does the A/C smell so berkeleying terrible?! I should check the cabin air filter.

surprise

Wow, thats pretty disgusting. Not only was the filter BLACK but the compartment that holds the filter was packed with leaves and detritus. Huh, that explains why I found like 30 Little Tree air fresheners when I pulled the interior out. Lets not fix the issue, just mask it sad.

Seriously, a new cabin air filter was like $9.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/16/19 4:18 p.m.
NermalSnert said:

I once walked into the shop to grab a tool in the evening, and didn't turn the lights on.  The hose had not been turned off or hung up...  Full force in the crotch.  Yaaaaahhh!!!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/16/19 4:31 p.m.
Duke said:
Wally said:

It may have started then.  They were making a lot of bad decisions.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
5/16/19 8:54 p.m.
Wally said:
Duke said:
Wally said:

It may have started then.  They were making a lot of bad decisions.

We got an IHOP in town a year or so ago. We were letting the early adopters go at it and then the reports came back it was horrible. We figured they just needed time. A month ago Pyro went for the first time and will never go back. Bad food, bad service and still in business. No idea how they stay afloat.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
5/16/19 10:13 p.m.

Day starts bad. Corp doesn't listen to customer about appointments. Lady in office is nice and gets me unloaded mostly on time. I'm only 10 minutes late to my next appointment after the fuel pump drips 1/2 the fuel I need into my tank.

Middle of the day I'm parked (all 70 foot of truck and trailer) across a bunch of angled parking spots, flashers on. I order from Sonic, and wait. 

After 20 minutes having watched other people show up, order and get their food I ask about my order.

"We don't see an order."

Since my schedule is tight I leave, sit on an on ramp and eat a bag of tuna.

Then I blow a tire. 

What a wonderful day.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/16/19 10:15 p.m.

Attempted to polish out self inflicted scratches in the Radio Flyer's windshield. Nope.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
5/16/19 10:18 p.m.

Well, I'm an idiot. The utility estimated billing seems to be correct. I really doubled down on me being right, too. I feel like a moron.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
5/16/19 11:00 p.m.

Quit asking for money when you don’t want to work for your own! You are 43 damn years old, you know better. Sorry not sorry you netted $400 for 2 weeks but you made that bed to lay in! 

berkeley you.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
5/17/19 11:28 a.m.

Why can't car makes figure out that a lot of us aren't built like the typical 5'7" male and actually put a usable telescoping column in. I mean if your going to go through the trouble of making a adjustable column, why not make it actually useable? 

I've yet to find a car that has a good seating position relative to the pedals and steering wheel.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/17/19 1:54 p.m.

My favorite thing when dealing with a hot issue over email is when you go to respond to the latest email in a conversation and get that person's automated Out of Office reply saying that they won't be in the office for a week. Even though you are literally replying 4 minutes after their last email came in. Gee, thanks. Oh well, its not my head on the chopping block wink.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/17/19 2:07 p.m.

This is by far the stupidest, most expensive and pointless thing I've done in a long berkeleying time. Not even halfway through day one and I'm almost out of money just trying to stay hydrated. Eating won't be happening at all this weekend either.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/17/19 2:12 p.m.

berkeley you world. I'm not taking any of your calls for a few days, leave a message. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/17/19 3:03 p.m.
dculberson said:

Well, I'm an idiot. The utility estimated billing seems to be correct. I really doubled down on me being right, too. I feel like a moron.

Did you apologize?   At the start of every call, i ask for the name and/or ID number of the person on the other end.   One time, i doubled down on being wrong.  When the light went on in my head, eventually, i called back and asked for that person so i could apologize.  She said I made her day, "nobody ever calls back to apologize."

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/17/19 3:42 p.m.
RevRico said:

This is by far the stupidest, most expensive and pointless thing I've done in a long berkeleying time. Not even halfway through day one and I'm almost out of money just trying to stay hydrated. Eating won't be happening at all this weekend either.

Based on your recent posts it sounds like you're at a concert, but I don't think that's quite right.

1 ... 970 971 972 973 974 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3w3WTU57Fgw4g7AwudNqOOBkxDkzg2vQU7PiSZqhRsHuB6tK9RFM1WVUBYl0AeSR