1 ... 989 990 991 992 993 ... 1925
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/18/19 10:44 p.m.

In reply to Mike :

It was the tech bitching about the stuff in the car.  I assume I'll have to do the job over again after I get it back.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/19 12:36 a.m.

so we got out new phones at work.. and it has been the CF we all knew it was going to be.

We use nextel/sprint at work for the push to talk feature. Well, nextel is now gone and so is their tech, sprint absorbed it all and came out with something new. instead of the old computer like ID address, each of these phones has an actual phone number. This also means we need to manually put in all the numbers we need to talk to everyone in our group. Trying to input 45 people while working around aggressive predictive text was a real pleasure.

So, everything is up and running after speing a couple of hours setting everything up.. and we discover that IT did not set up the groups right. Now our department does not use direct connect to group, but housekeeping, Security, and the gaming department do. It's great fun when 7000 people all get a massive group direct connect. It promises to get that fixed in a couple of days. We are all wondering how well these phones float.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/19/19 1:09 a.m.

I know I need to start wearing hearing protection at work but I'm not sure if it's because of the noise the machines make or my team leads horrible berking taste in music.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/19/19 1:36 a.m.

Today's Word of the Day is:

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHFFFFFUUUUU

Why do I attempt stuff at the worst time? Like when I have to drive this car to work on Wed night?

This is going on hour 6. It's fighting me every.berking.step. Good thing the instructions are for a different year and model.

angryangryno

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/19/19 1:43 a.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

Good luck bro. That's all I got.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/19/19 5:13 a.m.

Murphy can eat a giant bowl of phalluses. Whoever designed this shifter must of made the engineering diagrams from a facsimile of a facsimile of a facsimile of the stock shifter read by someone who described the dimensions over radio from Mars and was blind because NOTHING FIT. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/19 12:05 p.m.

That moment when you realize your meatball sub wrap has been dripping all over your shirt since you started eating.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/19/19 12:47 p.m.

Reorganizing the toolbox never takes a couple of hours. Ever 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/19/19 1:04 p.m.
Slippery said:

I hate people that drive on the HOV lane by themselves doing 5 under the speed limit. I wish anti-self-absorption missiles were a thing.

FTFY.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
6/19/19 1:31 p.m.

Layoffs.  I'm safe (as far as I know), but some of my old office mates are not.  And since I'm remote, I have no idea who got the axe.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/19 2:36 p.m.

I'm done. I am just so done. Grad school this semester is a total E36 M3 show, it's 9 weeks instead of 16 and one of the weeks was Intensives in Colorado (last week) so this week I am literally doing double load to catch up, and the weeks were already basically double to begin with. The mortgage broker doesn't like my finances and my employer told them I was "unlikely" to continue employment on the verification so the home purchase is blowing up in my face. The GF is now fighting for custody of her kids and leaning on me for *everything* when I can't afford it and didn't want to in the first place. The Cobra's starter is broken, the Bronco developed a misfire, the Mazda5's suspension is trashed, and I don't want to drive the Porsche to my job (community mental health clinic...). My medications are giving me side effects and I can't even have a drink. I swear I'm just going to start punching things next.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/19/19 2:41 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

DUDE. That’s rough. Good luck and keep fighting just not literally. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/19/19 3:01 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Once the cabin's hot tub is out of the garage, it's going to be time to finally clean it up and re-organize everything in preparation for putting the DMC in there for its massive overhaul. I'm seriously debating just blowing a week of vacation time to get it done because ultimately it will likely take about that much time to do remotely right...

Torkel
Torkel Reader
6/19/19 3:35 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Dude, that sounds painful. I feel for you.

OK, here is something (a small thing) that I have been using when times are a bit wrought. I call it the "One good thing per day"-method. Find one small or large thing that is good and positive per day, that you can look forward to.

Today...

- A new Roadkill episode will be available

- I'll have a lunch date with *insert person you want to have lunch with*

- Grant myself one of those huge chocolate chip cookies from Jimmy Johns at 3pm, with a cup of coffee.

- Wrench on the Bronco while drinking beer

- Go and see a movie all by myself after dinner (I do recommend this one. Very under rated. Grab your man card and tell the GF: "Nope, you can't come. I'm going to the 9pm movie all by myself." It's like a combo of relaxing alone-time and movie time.)

Also (and this might sounds strange on the GRM forum): Consider down sizing. Do you really need a Cobra, a Bronco, a Mazda5 and a Porsche? We so very often mistake owning cool stuff with happiness and success. Well, the real truth is that possessions you don't/can't use are often burdens and liabilities, causing completely unnecessary stress. Maybe this is a time in your life when owning just 1 fun car and one healthy daily driver can be a low stress alternative?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/19/19 3:42 p.m.

I went outside yesterday in Keens and found the fire ants. I got stung between my toes and on the top of my foot. This is doubly aggravating, because I usually don't wear Keens unless I'm going to be in the water, but I slipped them on versus putting on my full-coverage shoes to quickly run outside.

Somehow, my daughter can run around outside with flip flops on for hours and manage not to find any fire ants. I suspect that it's because she doesn't stay still long enough for them to find her.

(not) WilD (Matt)
(not) WilD (Matt) Dork
6/19/19 3:56 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

possessions you don't/can't use are often burdens and liabilities, causing completely unnecessary stress.

This reminds me... I need to declutter.  I have a 2.5 car garage with only one car in it, and I can't park either daily driver in there.   Thinking about the mess in there just makes me tired.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/19/19 4:04 p.m.
Torkel said:

- Go and see a movie all by myself after dinner (I do recommend this one. Very under rated. Grab your man card and tell the GF: "Nope, you can't come. I'm going to the 9pm movie all by myself." It's like a combo of relaxing alone-time and movie time.)

I've never found this one to be a problem, especially since I'm usually interested in seeing something that the Dancer wouldn't have any remote interest in seeing. She decided early on that there were just some movies that I was stoked to see but that she would rather go to the doctor and have blood drawn than see- the breaking point I believe was Pacific Rim... even though she was pretty soundly drunk when watching it she still hated it. So she will occasionally go see something girly that I have no interest in (Magic Mike comes to mind) with one of her girl friends, and I'll go see things I want to either by myself (Battle Angel) or with one of my guy friends (like the Star Wars movies). We have plenty of middle ground that we both enjoy- and an increasing amount since I got her hooked on the MCU movies- but still have our own distinct tastes.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/19/19 4:14 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Say the word if you want a hand fixing any of the cars. Wish I could help with the rest.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/19/19 4:25 p.m.

I had to resort to Facebook marketplace ad to sell the subascrew. This is about as much fun as masturbating to orgasm with a cheese grater. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/19/19 4:28 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I had to resort to Facebook marketplace ad to sell the subascrew. This is about as much fun as masturbating to orgasm with a cheese grater. 

I cant even resort to that, the dumb is heavy. 

Javelin
6/19/19 5:11 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to Javelin :

DUDE. That’s rough. Good luck and keep fighting just not literally. 

I've resorted to blasting Chumbawumba songs. That's how low it's gotten.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/19 5:16 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

In reply to Mike :

It was the tech bitching about the stuff in the car.  I assume I'll have to do the job over again after I get it back.

Doesn't sound like a tech to me.

OTOH, most of the people I've met at dealerships have been parts hangers.  Some good guys too, of course.  Sturgeon's Law.

Javelin
6/19/19 5:40 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:

In reply to Javelin :

Say the word if you want a hand fixing any of the cars. Wish I could help with the rest.

Got any plans Saturday?

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
6/19/19 5:45 p.m.

Can we all stop pretending that arugula tastes good?

Tired of getting bitter weeds in my salad.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/19/19 7:27 p.m.
ShawnG said:

Can we all stop pretending that arugula tastes good?

Tired of getting bitter weeds in my salad.

Hey, I like arugula!  I just had an arugula salad for lunch today - and I packed it myself. 

A thin crust pizza with prosciutto bakes on it topped with some dressed arugula when it comes out if the oven - I just ate dinner and my mouth is watering anyway thinking about that pizza. 

1 ... 989 990 991 992 993 ... 1925

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9oKbPMbpodKvE1t16G5jSeVXNrLhXm6DNMnEdkm3SlFVmeQipYqjokUTx7oj4oaa