1 ... 991 992 993 994 995 ... 1929
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/20/19 5:05 p.m.

Wedding stuff tomorrow night and all day saturday. Out of town 3 days next week. 

And im supposed to have the challenge car at a show friday night of next week. Its still in hundreds of pieces. 

I have a headache and upset stomach. No work today. 

Pretty sure it wont make it, and I'll let my brother down. Dammit. 

Maybe ill slam it back together "good enough for now" and then worry about the rest later.....

Tomorrow morning before work. Or sunday.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
6/20/19 10:56 p.m.

Damn musiciansfriend and damn their email discount offers. My wallet is already crippled from buying a guitar and an amp in the last week. Damn them. Also this may be a win. But the cheapskate in me is definitely ranting. 

Torkel
Torkel Reader
6/21/19 7:23 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Wow... I'm so sorry. That is just horrible.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/21/19 10:22 a.m.

Gonna have to shave the beard. I like the beard. But it, unfortunately, has to go for work. 

Just another reason to keep saving aggresively to retire early.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/21/19 10:34 a.m.

How does a car that was fully detailed befor bein parked in the carport get that dirty? I mean, bad enough to not be able to see out of the windshield. In 3 weeks.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/21/19 10:40 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I was about to post almost the same thing. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
6/21/19 10:47 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

I'm sorry for your loss MTN but I've been thinking about brave.com as I occasionally read moral articles that got aggressively spammed by sexual ads.  I don't know if the brave browser would help but if I do sign up for it I'll post a thread.  Right now I'm not sure how it would play with a chromebook of all things.

To stop the inappropriate ads I clicked one of the little icons in the corner and marked it as offfensive.  Hope that helps. indecision

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
6/21/19 10:51 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

It wants to be driven?  Nah.  My Uber Goober Gerti had to be hosed down today.  You'd think the overnight rain would wash some of the dirt on the sides off.  Dirt that came from rain soaked roads of course otherwise it gets a California Duster and micro-fiber every day and only one wash a week now - I've learned it's not worth it to wash an appliance every day even if I personally like it to do it. indecision

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/19 10:57 a.m.

You can not act like a child while you discipline a child. 

It confuses the child and makes you look like a fool. 

Be a parent, tell them what you expect and stick to it. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/21/19 10:58 a.m.
mtn said:

Gonna have to shave the beard. I like the beard. But it, unfortunately, has to go for work. 

Just another reason to keep saving aggresively to retire early.

Same boat. SWMBO hates it, but construction employers have hangups about hair.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
6/21/19 11:44 a.m.

That went well. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/21/19 2:07 p.m.

This morning I had to drop off a poster and make a donation request at a nearby local bakery- so of course I picked up a few tasty baked treats while I was there- a large muffin for breakfast and a good-sized piece of buttercream-frosted chocolate cake for dessert.

I can't finish the piece of cake. I used to be able to (and once did, in college) eat an entire standard-sized round cake in a weekend. I suppose that this shouldn't be a complaint... but it just feels like more evidence that I'm getting old. 

(I will, of course, be taking what I can't eat now back home to have later)

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/21/19 2:19 p.m.
mtn said:

Ok, all you baby companies and Big Data. You were smart enough to figure out we were pregnant. Now, you really should be smart enough to figure out that our daughter passed. Why are we still getting ads in the mail for baby formula, diapers, etc.? 

Go berkeley yourselves.

Sorry for you loss man. My fiance and I went through this same thing a few months ago, she still gets formula samples in the mail every now and then. Those are bad days.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/21/19 2:24 p.m.
mtn said:

I'm trying to think of jobs where you can't have a beard besides law enforcement (generally) or the military (generally).

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/19 2:26 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
mtn said:

I'm trying to think of jobs where you can't have a beard besides law enforcement (generally) or the military (generally).

UPS doesn't allow beards, even for their office staff.  Annoying when you're a lowly IT person and you have to shave your beard after decades of working in IT.

Entropyman
Entropyman GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/21/19 2:34 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
mtn said:

Any job that requires the use of a respirator

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/21/19 2:38 p.m.

Some people see beard and/or long hair and think wasteoid, druggy, hippy, regardless if yoy are or not. I need a better job. Hair grows back. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/19 2:41 p.m.
Entropyman said:
Brett_Murphy said:
mtn said:

Any job that requires the use of a respirator

The "Charlie Chaplin" nose width moustache was a compromise made in WWI, since big bushy Epic Moustaches did not work with gas masks.  People kept wearing them after the war as a kind of badge of honor, that they had fought in and survived the Great War.

For some reason, people stopped wearing them in the '40s.

(not) WilD (Matt)
(not) WilD (Matt) Dork
6/21/19 2:48 p.m.

I have had some form of beard every day for the last twenty years, literally half my life.  I don't think I or anyone else in my life could handle the psychological shock of seeing my face without one now.  I need it to cover up the fact that I am fat and ugly... so I guess that's my rant, I am fat and ugly.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/21/19 3:24 p.m.
Javelin said:
thatsnowinnebago said:

In reply to Javelin :

Say the word if you want a hand fixing any of the cars. Wish I could help with the rest.

Got any plans Saturday?

PMed

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/21/19 3:27 p.m.

I joined an adult kickball league and managed to hurt myself in my first kick of the first game. I then reinjured that leg last night in game two because it wasn't quite healed yet. So now I get to keep limping around and explain why if someone asks. I'm 33. This is supposed to be old man stuff. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/21/19 3:29 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
mtn said:

Nothing physical. Just old-school mentality and all that. If I want to be promoted or jump to another position, beard will need to go. I've avoided it the past 6 months because I haven't had to see anyone who matters; I basically work remotely. But I have some meetings coming up with some bigwigs, so it needs to go for the sake of my career. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/21/19 3:31 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:
mtn said:

Ok, all you baby companies and Big Data. You were smart enough to figure out we were pregnant. Now, you really should be smart enough to figure out that our daughter passed. Why are we still getting ads in the mail for baby formula, diapers, etc.? 

Go berkeley yourselves.

Sorry for you loss man. My fiance and I went through this same thing a few months ago, she still gets formula samples in the mail every now and then. Those are bad days.

Hey Ron, looks like we're not too far from each other. I end up in Brown Deer every few months for work, I'll keep it in mind to ping you in case you want to grab a beer. Sorry for your loss as well, how old was your child?

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/21/19 3:41 p.m.
mtn said:
RacetruckRon said:
mtn said:

Go berkeley yourselves.

Hey Ron, looks like we're not too far from each other. I end up in Brown Deer every few months for work, I'll keep it in mind to ping you in case you want to grab a beer. Sorry for your loss as well, how old was your child?

I'd be down for that, shoot me a PM or 6oh8 449 5three7Ate.

Future Mrs. Racetruck was 12-13 weeks along went in expecting a sonogram came out with bad news.  How old was your daughter if you don't mind me asking?

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
6/21/19 3:45 p.m.

"Hey man, the dmv gave me too short of a front plate. I can only use half the bolts needed. Can you fix it?"

No, dude. Plates are all the same size. The new accords just have E36 M3ty front plate mounts.

1 ... 991 992 993 994 995 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KLxP3ORSSs4Vy4IxFtYnwpD3h8fEGRztjfhFfMxoZRXWPg9Kp5lJhawhPkVTBahP