1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 ... 292
slefain
slefain PowerDork
10/21/19 9:20 a.m.

Deactivated my account on NextDoor over the weekend, then went canvassing yesterday with a group of folks who are running for our city council. It was a great day for a walk, met a lot of nice neighbors (even one that grew up with my Father-in-law), and learned a bit about civic engagement. I know some of the local axe grinders saw me with "the enemy" and I don't give a damn anymore (hence deleting NextDoor). It was a good day.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/21/19 9:45 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I made it another year without dieing!

I keep reading this as, "I made it another year without dieting." It makes me laugh. Happy birthday!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/21/19 10:45 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Happy birthday!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/21/19 11:36 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I made it another year without dieing!

I keep reading this as, "I made it another year without dieting." It makes me laugh. Happy birthday!

Also true!

Thanks guys

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/21/19 12:33 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Happy birthday.

MrSmokey
MrSmokey Reader
10/22/19 1:03 p.m.

Hernia surgery surgery sucks and tho I feel like crud it went well and it is done

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/22/19 1:05 p.m.

i fixed belt spaghetti in 3 bolts. I love old Toyotas. 

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
10/22/19 3:37 p.m.

Dodged a bullet this morning.  Bella, our oldest dog had been given 7-10 years to live because of her health issues, and we're on year 10.  After a significant scare Sunday night, we scheduled an appointment with the vet but couldn't be seen until this morning.  The vet had to see her to be sure, but advised we should probably be ready to make THE call today if need be.

After a battery of tests, the vet's convinced she has at least another good year left and she could be treated and feeling better with just a couple rounds of meds.

As long as she's happy, comfortable and not in pain, I'm good with giving her as much time as we can. smiley

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
10/22/19 10:01 p.m.

For all of the challenges, sleepless nights, fluids, and noise, I wouldn’t trade being a dad for anything. It is the best thing that ever happened to me. The smiles and hugs are my favorite part of the day.  Kids are the best and I have the best kids. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/19 12:49 a.m.

Crossed another item off the bucket list and went to the Grand Ole Opry.  We really couldn't have asked for a better show.  I thought Joe Diffie has gotten old and could be on SNL talking about da Bears, the wife thought he looked like me.  This is probably bad for both of us. Somehow she also has never heard of Luke Bryan, who was better than I expected. The Oak Ridge Boys sound a bit rough but the "oom poppa omm poppa mow mow"  guy held up pretty well, that's as fun in a room full of people as you'd expect.  

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
10/23/19 8:38 a.m.

Got to go to the no sleep podcast live tour last night. Had an awesome time and got to meet some of the cast after! In the picture (right to left) is Brian Boyle, David Cummings, Atticus Jackson, swmbo, Jessica McEvoy, Nicole Goodnight, David Ault, and myself 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/23/19 8:50 a.m.

Got the kids pizza last night. The minute I got into the car, it started pouring, but it stopped right when I got to the pizza place and this was the view walking in to pick up the pies. .

NickD
NickD PowerDork
10/23/19 9:41 a.m.

Bandai finally announced a Master Grade 1/100-scale kit of Gundam Barbatos. I don't care for the smaller scale (1/144th) and lower detail of the High Grade line, and they had released a "Full Mechanic" line, which was the 1/100th scale I like but with the lesser detail of a High Grade, and for years that seemed to be as good as it was going to get. Then the other night they announced a true Master Grade kit coming out in late November.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
10/23/19 4:51 p.m.

Just passed the TEAS academic placement test for nursing school so I can leave Paramedicine behind. Scored in the upper 15% of the population which I think is good, but to be safe i'll keep working on it just in case.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/23/19 4:59 p.m.
barefootskater said:

For all of the challenges, sleepless nights, fluids, and noise, I wouldn’t trade being a dad for anything. It is the best thing that ever happened to me. The smiles and hugs are my favorite part of the day.  Kids are the best and I have the best kids. 

Technically have the best kids, but other than that, I agree with you 100%. Being a dad is the coolest. laugh

mazdeuce - Seth
10/23/19 5:00 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

What's studying for that like? My daughter is applying to BS/Nursing programs right now.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
10/23/19 5:10 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

What's studying for that like? My daughter is applying to BS/Nursing programs right now.

It's hard for me to say, to be honest. It's like a really big post-high school test for someone, though it's geared slighty more towards Science and math. The Test prep book from ATI I got also had a lot of geometry and trigonomety problems that I ended up not seeing on the test at all but it seems to have genuinely over prepared me for it. A few hours a week for a month straight- which I did, then took a break stupidly- did me well, and if she's just getting out of high school she'll do better than me.

One thing she'll HAVE to go over is sentence structure- pronouns, rules of English language, ect. It was the section I did the worst in, largely because A) I can't tell you what a noun-verb-semipronounverb-rule agreeement is and B) I answered most questions with "yeah that sounds about right".

mazdeuce - Seth
10/23/19 5:17 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

She's actually just finishing up two years of a early college/high school at the University of North Texas. She scored a single point out of being a National Merit Scholar on the SAT. Good to know it follows the regular standardized test thing and that there are good prep books. That whole world is her jam. She's pretty excited about nursing right now Thanks!

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
10/24/19 5:47 p.m.

The owners of the b&b we are staying at brought us a bottle of champagne because it's our honeymoon. So that's neat. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/19 6:08 p.m.

We survived our wandering somewhat rudderless road trip.  5000 miles, 100s of pictures and a good time everywhere we went. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/25/19 12:47 a.m.
Wally said:

We survived our wandering somewhat rudderless road trip.  5000 miles, 100s of pictures and a good time everywhere we went. 

Those are the best kinds though.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
10/28/19 7:15 a.m.

The GM/UAW strike is finally over. As a tech, that strike has been hell for us, because our parts supply was nonexistent

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/28/19 9:42 a.m.

Despite having never done it before successfully re-grouted the shower at the cabin all by myself yesterday and it looks MUCH better than before as well as actually not having large holes in the grouting. Now just have to seal it tomorrow and caulk it later in the week and the shower will be done. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/28/19 9:49 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

one lower shock bolt was missing from the C5 rear suspension i bought "complete".  i called dealership and they said "we don't stock it and we can't order it because of the strike".  So yeah, i hear you, and i'm just a random guy needing one part.  i imagine it could be bad if i was an actual dealer service department.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/28/19 10:27 a.m.

The free seats fit perfect, and look right.

1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dsNrCCcKJaj0NN8dyx3yDF4VeddqyaelzTNCj6ZUx45tok3D5OoieXa7mhXcHEl8