1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 291
KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
12/20/19 12:46 p.m.
Javelin said:
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:
AngryCorvair said:
Javelin said:

This weekend a couple that's friends of ours are coming over for some pineapple time.

Do *they* know that?

I feel left out, what exactly is "pineapple time"?

Yes, they know that. And, uh, just read.

Well slap my ... and call me Lucy, I thought I was up on my lifestyle cues.  Have a good time wink

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/20/19 1:29 p.m.

Cutting the cord because DirecTV is just getting to be too many dollars per month for a device to watch TV for me.

Just installed an OTA HD DVR, and it was surprisingly simple-- it can watch NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox and the CW for me at a much lower cost than DirecTV.

Rolling in Amazon Prime, Netflix and maybe even HBO and/or Hulu, and there's all kinds of TV I won't get around to watching for about a third of the cost of my former satellite bill.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/20/19 5:00 p.m.

I’ve had a lot of GRM t-shirts in my time, but this my first black one.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
12/20/19 5:35 p.m.
Javelin said:
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:
AngryCorvair said:
Javelin said:

This weekend a couple that's friends of ours are coming over for some pineapple time.

Do *they* know that?

I feel left out, what exactly is "pineapple time"?

Yes, they know that. And, uh, just read.

All the pineapple looking light fixtures outside our house make since now. Took all them down when we bought it as it was weird and did not fit the house.

Got a good review today. Still have not found a car bu looks like I may have found a deal up north. Got to drive up tonight once traffic dies down.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/20/19 6:20 p.m.

I set a productivity record at work.

I was deep into Bonusland on Wednesday, and I doubled my billed hours yesterday and today, putting me into completely uncharted territory.  I broke the record by seven hours, and my personal best by fifteen.

Knurled.
12/20/19 6:22 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:
Knurled. said:

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

You ever see Little Nicky?

Actually no.  

Me neither, but there's a scene in the commercial where Adam Sandler's character is told something about it being time to put today's pineapple in Hitler's hinterland.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
12/21/19 5:09 p.m.

Just wired the deposit money. Should be here on Tuesday maybe Wednesday. ~8K miles. All the options, extended leather, big stereo, full carbon, black optic and a few other small things I wanted like the S Tronic. Crystal Estril Blue, super uncommon and its wrapped fully in 3M on the front.

Test drove the V10 a few times and it is just bonkers fast on the top end but feels really heavy in the rear. For a daily the V10 is stupid anyway never going to use it on the street. Plus no diamond stitched leather so it does not look like a smoking jacket inside.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Reader
12/21/19 5:39 p.m.

Took the Recon family to a local geothermally heated outdoor pool today. Late December, swimming outdoors in ~35ish degree weather, water temp of 95 degrees, and to top it all off we saw a pair of bald eagles riding the thermal above the pool.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/21/19 9:58 p.m.

I set up the LGB train set under the tree.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/22/19 2:13 a.m.

Giggity

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
12/22/19 7:17 a.m.

I maxed out my 401K this year.  

gunner
gunner GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/22/19 9:25 a.m.

I was finally able to complete my pc build I started last Christmas because of an unforeseen end of year bonus from my employer(First job I ever got a bonus at and I've had probably 12 jobs in my life) and then after getting a bonus this year I bought a 27 inch 144hz gaming monitor and geforce RTX 2070 Super graphics card to pair with the x470 motherboard 16GB of ram and Ryzen 2700x processor I built last year. I had a radeon 6970 card from 2010 and installed the monitor first. Through that card the display was nice but at 2k I couldn't tell the difference between 1080p and anything higher. After installing the new video card, I was amazed. This is the closest to the tip of the spear my builds have ever been. I'm so content about it.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
12/24/19 1:32 p.m.

A thread got locked and now I'm happy

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/24/19 6:29 p.m.

The gold pineapple on my front porch is strictly a sign of hospitality.  I hardly have enough time to disappoint my own wife I can't be taking on more.

Knurled.
12/24/19 6:53 p.m.
barefootskater said:

A thread got locked and now I'm happy

I don't even know what thread you are talking about, and that makes me happy.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/24/19 8:02 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

Javelins got me questioning every time my wife brings a pineapple home from the grocery store. Is she trying to send me a message??

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/24/19 8:48 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Sometimes a pineapple is just a pineapple.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/24/19 9:41 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to Wally :

Javelins got me questioning every time my wife brings a pineapple home from the grocery store. Is she trying to send me a message??

Only if it's upside down in the shopping cart.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
12/25/19 12:13 a.m.

Christmas Eve in central Kentucky was nearly 60 degrees.  T-shirt weather!

Got a couple of the teenagers to help out and washed the Jag, Suburban, Passat, and both of their cars.  It'll probably be a couple of months before we have another chance so today was pretty nice.

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
12/25/19 7:24 p.m.

My youngest nephew comes over to our house on days his mother works. My wife has introduced him to monster trucks and other Motorsports-related shenanigans... 

his favorite word is now "truck", pronounced "WUCK!!!!"

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/19 11:49 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I maxed out my 401K this year.  

I fell a couple grand short of that, but I maxed out social security contribution so that’s something for someone else to celebrate.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
12/26/19 8:56 a.m.

Have a phone interview with the GPS company down the street from my house later today. Win.

Daughter was ecstatic that she got loads of Lego's and Hot Wheels yesterday; more so than she was about all the Frozen toys she got. Kinda win, kinda money wasted.

Then she was really excited when I told her Santa didn't let me park in the garage last night. We went down there and she saw her awesome Power Wheels that took Santa an hour to put together. Still learning to drive, though. Win.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
12/26/19 1:51 p.m.

Got a low-profile racing jack for Xmas. Now, hopefully, picking the Miata up on jackstands will be less of an ordeal. Realistically, I should just raise the coilovers, but I'm too much of a slave to style.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
12/26/19 4:15 p.m.

doesn't run, clutch "slips", never ran right, brake is locked on.

one hour later, my kids are loving it! $100!!!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
12/26/19 4:19 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Maxed that out too.  My last commission check was way larger without the 401K and SS deduction.  

1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WYqu8UynFHrFnAaDCL7RMTv6mH5BkZn1xM0khW6IsOkenkUrZbT5ag0jQ0LoAjmt