matthewmcl
matthewmcl Reader
3/25/20 6:48 p.m.

In reply to daeman :

Shower and laundry.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
3/26/20 3:22 p.m.

Sounds like we're staying open for at least another week.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/26/20 3:25 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Wally said:

In reply to Javelin :

I'm almost afraid to ask what she said yes to, but congratulations.

Yeah.  The S&M makes a couple of options...

Congrats.

Not going to lie my first thought was the BMX brand...

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/20 8:40 p.m.

The sun came out for a few minutes today, and I transferred the call from my laptop soft phone to my mobile phone so I could go out on the porch and sit in the sun.

The sunbeam lasted 3 minutes during a break in the clouds.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
3/26/20 11:04 p.m.

Sam the (fat) cat turned my deep dish pizza into a thin crust,  but it was a win for him.

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/27/20 5:21 a.m.

In reply to Cotton :

Aww, I had a Sam just like that. Mine was fatter, though. My neighbor asked me "When is she having kittens?" I replied "He's not."

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/27/20 11:42 p.m.

I have created the Quarantini. It's like a Dirty Martini only absolutely filthy, made with bottom shelf Gin and garnished with pickled asparagus.

Also served warm because you may not have a fridge in the apocalypse ( unless awesome and off grid). It's spectacular

BenB
BenB Reader
3/28/20 10:10 a.m.

Mom has been in a rest home for the last two years and I finally got her to allow me to sell her house. While cleaning out the cabinets, we found a dozen new rolls of toilet paper. Woo hoo!

wae
wae UltraDork
3/28/20 10:14 a.m.

The discomfort I had when using my right hand turned out to be a tiny metal splinter embedded in my thumb.  About 90 seconds of digging with a sterilized razor blade and it is out, I did no additional damage to my hand, and I now realize that it was hurting even when I wasn't trying to use my hand!

Sweet relief!

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/28/20 10:22 a.m.
dropstep said:

My new optic is sighted in and shooting a 1 inch group at 100yds. 

The level of precision it takes for all factors involved to get a group like that absolutely boggles my mind.

wae
wae UltraDork
3/28/20 11:56 a.m.

It required pulling the alternator out, which required unbolting the fan and radiator, but with the compressor turned so I could attack it head-on, the c-clips for the coil and pulley went on with almost no effort at all.

Also, the ChannelLock brand, made in USA, 4" snap ring pliers are pretty damned good:

I had to get that pair (about $70 at the local and locally-owned single-store hardware store) because my Craftsman ones don't spread far enough to get the circlip off of the pulley.  Interestingly, the smaller version of the ChannelLock pliers is basically identical to this pair except it doesn't have a racheting mechanism and is completely identical to the Craftsman pair I have.  Down to the patent number stamped on it.  The only difference is the black handles versus the blue.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
3/28/20 12:28 p.m.

Drove the ratty Miata with the top down for the first time this year.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/28/20 12:41 p.m.

I still have a job. 

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/28/20 12:42 p.m.

I have scheduled a home delivery of TP. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/28/20 4:41 p.m.

I didn't feel any overwhelming urge to murder today.

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/28/20 4:46 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I didn't feel any overwhelming urge to murder today.

Generally a win.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/28/20 4:58 p.m.
Mike said:

I have scheduled a home delivery of TP. 

Aldi delivered everything else, and refunded me for TP, so I'm going to have to go into a store when I could be home. Sorry for bringing a minor rant in here.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/28/20 5:06 p.m.

Kart track is still open to members. Got to ride motorcycles with the kids. Kid#3 set a new personal best time. When she's on I can't pass her any more. If I get by I can still put 0.5 seconds a lap on her, but getting a clean pass is impossible. Its super fun. 

daeman
daeman Dork
3/28/20 5:48 p.m.

In reply to matthewmcl :

Hadn't considered a laundry, but it's definitely worth thinking about.

daeman
daeman Dork
3/28/20 5:49 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

Thanks man, I honestly can't wait! A big part of moving was finally having the space and funds to get a decent shed.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
3/28/20 9:29 p.m.

Great driving weather this week,  so took the opportunity to shuffle one of the garages and take these for a spin.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
3/28/20 9:34 p.m.

For the first time in a year all the body panels are on the Funderbird. It even looks halfway decent. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/28/20 10:59 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Kart track is still open to members. Got to ride motorcycles with the kids. Kid#3 set a new personal best time. When she's on I can't pass her any more. If I get by I can still put 0.5 seconds a lap on her, but getting a clean pass is impossible. Its super fun. 

If you're not putting your child into the tire barrier, you're not teaching them productive lessons about racing. laugh

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/20 12:32 a.m.

Spent about eight hours today with a paintbrush in my right hand.  Happy to report that I had no issues with fingers, hand, or wrist. Carpal tunnel release FTW!

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/2/20 3:18 p.m.

I honestly don't think that I could have bought the E46 ragtop at any better of a time- it's insanely fun to drive even under normal circumstances, but with the weather warming up there is just nothing better than for the Dancer and I to hop into it, drop the top, and head out of town on small roads and meander around the roads along side all of the farms. The sun, the wind, and the beauty of the rolling grass of the horse farms is quite relaxing.

1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cEc4oLXty5LmHr8vyON5jV3KztYpx2oUaijTvU3B1kg5kcgIXUYXa5zYrpdLqzPq