1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 ... 292

I installed the Bedrug and tonneau cover on my Ram today. Every joint in my hands hurt and my knees are more raw than a furry orgy but I got both installed. The tonneau cover is about 65lbs and I had to balance it on my back and crabwalk out of the garage to get it squared up to the bed. It was really windy today and I'm sure I looked like a drunk tight rope walker to the neighbors.

Bedrug and tonneau cover brackets installed:

Tonneau cover installed:

Not much of a difference in color. The truck is Brilliant Black Metallic and the tonneau cover is Granite Crystal:

I was thinking about bedlining the tonneau cover in gloss black to better match the truck but I'm thinking I might not even bother:

Between the Bedrug and the Undercover LUX SE tonneau cover, I'm right at $600. I paid $304 with free shipping for the tonneau on Amazon. The same listing had the matching color for $1300. The Bedrug I bought off of eBay for $300 with free shipping. It was brand new in the box. I see Bedrug has them on sale right now for $390 but the price was $439 when I bought mine.

Not too shabby smiley

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
6/8/20 11:16 a.m.

The factory I work at posted a new position for a safety manager several weeks ago. I have a pretty decent background for it, so I jammed out a resumé and applied. 

I interviewed Friday, and found out I got it this morning. I'm ludicrously excited; moving from 55-60hr weeks in maintenance to 40-45hr weeks training folks is gonna be nice. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/20 6:33 p.m.

Signed onto a new job in healthcare IT, it's way better all-around than the last place I worked and has a similarly short commute!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/8/20 11:08 p.m.

Helped an old guy with bad legs in the parking lot at work by taking his cart backto the corral for him. 

CJ (He's Just an FS)
CJ (He's Just an FS) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/9/20 12:06 a.m.

Managed to replace the rear pads on the XC60 today.  Figured out that the electric parking brake kept the piston from retracting into the caliper and how to defeat them so it would.  One of the pads was nearly down to metal, but caught it in time - no disk replacement required. 

Finally, I finished the job and didn't bleed. Not at all.  Not sure how that happened.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/10/20 10:30 a.m.

Looks like the Camcorder I just bought on eBay actually existed and the seller didn't send me a brick :). Not to mention that it looks like it's in close to as new condition. Good 4K camcorder that's still a current model for 50% off, I take that.

Of course that means that there'll likely be more boring content on YouTube, but at least it'll be in better than cellphone 4k.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/11/20 12:12 a.m.

After 40 days.....I got to see my dad today!

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
6/11/20 7:57 a.m.

I was depressed when I made a To Do list several weeks ago. So I put it on the wall and ignored it.

Last night I noticed it and started marking off stuff I had completed. 

You know what? I'm doing pretty good, I may even finish it before I die!

laugh

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
6/11/20 3:04 p.m.

My Cleetus McFarland shirt shipped. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/11/20 5:42 p.m.

In 2006, Dan the simpleton who worked for me put a Ford control arm on the wrong side of the car.  Because it had been installed, I couldn't send it back to the jobber store.

I remembered I had it today, and sold it.  That is two wins right there.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
6/11/20 8:27 p.m.

Took the "still leaky" $100 Miata for the longest trip yet Tonight, 40 miles. My fiance and I and our dog hopped in and were going to cruise around the block, but it was so nice we hopped onto I-75 and drove into Detroit. We cruised the water line, and put a few miles on Woodward before getting home at sunset. What a great night.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
6/12/20 1:30 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) :

"Furry orgy" LOL!!!

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
6/13/20 9:30 a.m.

Tires showed up in time to get them mounted before V gets trailered to the dyno.  I was not looking forward to a dyno session on snow tires...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/13/20 10:50 a.m.

Me and the Hellspawn sat down and watched our first movie together.  We watched Friday.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
6/13/20 11:32 a.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

Like in CTS?

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
6/13/20 1:23 p.m.

I painted a car for the first time and it doesn't suck!

My former Challenge Miata

daeman
daeman Dork
6/14/20 12:29 a.m.

I made pizza last night, it was delicious.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/14/20 6:45 a.m.

I actually slept well!

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
6/14/20 8:00 p.m.
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) said:

In reply to 84FSP :

Like in CTS?

Yeppers.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/14/20 8:07 p.m.

I went for a motorcycle ride this morning!  My bike had been sitting for over a year while fork seals and carb repair made it to the top of the to do list. I finally had time to take care of those tasks last week.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
6/14/20 9:01 p.m.

In reply to APEowner :

Nice bike! Ive been putting a bunch of miles on my Sporty while ive been painting my Miata

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/14/20 11:39 p.m.

I started autocross on April 1, 2018, at the age of 62.

I got my first class win in my ES Miata on Saturday. That news is tempered by the fact that there were only two of us, so I was either going to be first or last.

I was shooting for a class win by the end of my second year, but the pandemic took out the spring events.

Usually there's at least five in the class. Last year at Daytona, there were ten of us in the ES class on the kart track. I was second that day to an IMSA road racing national champion.

I had a "win" in HS last year in my Ralliart wagon, but that was a one car class. When I raced horses, we called that a walk over.

I was 9th overall in pax, and faster in raw time than the class winners in STR, STX, CAM S (a Z06 C7), and both front and rear wheel drive Street Modified classes.

Not bad for an old guy.

Turbine
Turbine GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/15/20 2:14 a.m.

I went to the pull-a-part and found the exact vehicle I needed (3rd gen Dodge 3/4 ton) had come in the day before, and because it had been raining, there were only a handful of parts missing. I was able to get 90% of the stuff I wanted, and got a full set of the premium speakers as a bonus. Pretty successful trip 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/15/20 8:02 a.m.
Turbine said:

I went to the pull-a-part and found the exact vehicle I needed (3rd gen Dodge 3/4 ton) had come in the day before, and because it had been raining, there were only a handful of parts missing. I was able to get 90% of the stuff I wanted, and got a full set of the premium speakers as a bonus. Pretty successful trip 

It's always a treasure hunt. Sometimes you strike out, sometimes it's score galore.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
6/15/20 8:24 a.m.

A guy I see at autocrosses, who owns a serious STS Miata, has been developing some black magic Delrin rear upper control arm bushing for Miatas and is going to toss me a set to test for him. Supposedly they keep rear camber gains from lowering down as well as fixing the toe changes through suspension travel, plus ultra-low friction. He lends them to me, I do testing on them for a while, and then I buy them or give them back when I'm done.

1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N7OB7XNBjDduOhlpykqi6qrQAUzIRF8AxhOmPdjrh0tEVExl4wAmzOJARpyuS6FB