1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 ... 292
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/23/20 1:37 p.m.

TigerMoms co-worker called in tuesday citing a positive C-19 test.  Which meant everyone in her workplace got to jamb q-tips up their noses and wait.   Being a lab the results were expedited and she just got word this morning that she's negative.  Yay!

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
7/23/20 1:46 p.m.

My wife and I celebrate 26 yrs of marriage today.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
7/23/20 2:06 p.m.
NickD said:

Decided to turn in my coffee can of change that I've been filling for the past two years, hoping to help with the coin shortage going on. Netted a nice $156.42 for it. All those coins add up.

I should dump my jar of change.  I put all my dimes and 1981-up pennies in jar, and take them to the money counting machine for an amazon gift card.  Haven’t taken it out in a while, since I’ve been hunkering down.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
7/23/20 3:03 p.m.

Unexpected bonus at work! Why, thank you. See rant thread. I get to spend most of it on a new dishwasher. 

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
7/24/20 6:04 p.m.

I just signed up for a track day at Sonoma in August!

My cast iron skillet has some sweet seasoning going!  So slick!

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/20 3:10 p.m.

I got the sub floor in! It isn't level (the house was built in 1942) but it is solid!

We're going to put a sheet of linoleum over it. I'm debating what kind of leveling compound to use right now.

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/25/20 3:51 p.m.

I think the (running when I bought it - but has not run since I bought it) Honda 250 will start just fine in the morning. I have a very small drain on the battery, but I think a bad regulator was the culprit. Anyway, high hopes for a little ride in the morning!

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/25/20 11:36 p.m.

The engine we got from a $100 van that had been sitting for ten years fired right up. The gamble paid off. 406cid ftw baby!

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/27/20 9:07 p.m.

To this:

From this:

wae
wae UltraDork
7/30/20 10:30 a.m.

I didn't really have the free cycles to spend figuring out why the motorhome was running sub-optimally on the way to the Rolex and back in January and then they shut down campgrounds for a while so that troubleshooting slipped further and further.  I'm 99% sure that it's a bad EGR valve and Rock Auto delivered a fresh AC Delco one earlier this week.  Now I just need to get a new tank of (not really) MAPP gas for the torch and a set of those Irwin bolt extractor tools so I can swap the EGR and get it running perfectly again.  Booked a close-by campsite for next weekend to take the kids on the first camping trip of the year (finally!) and just unplug and relax for a bit.  It's going to be fabulous!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/20 10:05 p.m.

2 wins:

First: Moved AK1 into her dorm on Tuesday of this week. Her school is holding socially distant in-person classes. Dining hall open, libraries open.

Second: got a sweet new hat, "Lake State DAD"

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

2 wins:

First: Moved AK1 into her dorm on Tuesday of this week. Her school is holding socially distant in-person classes. Dining hall open, libraries open.

Fingers-crossed things go well for her.

wae
wae UltraDork
8/1/20 12:41 p.m.

Swapped the egr today and that cleared that code.  In the meantime, an o2 sensor code cropped up and I noticed that there's a lot of oil around the pcv hose.  But those are both easy and cheap to fix, so I'm calling it a win!

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
8/1/20 6:01 p.m.

Dude working on the Zoomboni found the problem that was causing the charging system problem and fixed it.

Fiero brakes have been machined and are ready for installation.

Parts motor has been sourced, purchased, and delivered to same Fiero and progress can really get rolling.  

Had spectacular BBQ for lunch and am happily chilling on the couch now.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
8/1/20 6:03 p.m.

Set a new personal best at Pineview Run with the Miata: 1:16.986. Last year's best was 1:17.4xx. This car is capable of absolutely insane performance when I can get my act together.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/1/20 6:23 p.m.

In this, the foul year of our lord, two thousand twenty, inspite of all that attempted to destroy us, I got married.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/1/20 6:24 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In this, the foul year of our lord,9 two thousand twenty, inspite of all that attempted to destroy us, I got married.

Congratulations!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/1/20 6:29 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Best wishes to you and your family!

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/1/20 6:31 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Congrats

In reply to Appleseed :

Congrats!

I just found Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour on Newegg for $1.99. It's an online code that you activate through Steam. It's the full game and includes a few new levels.

Suddenly it's 1996 again and I'm a nerdy 15 year old playing Duke 3D on my parents Packard-Bell 75MHz computer. Collective Soul plays in the background as I take a sip of Mt. Dew. Life is good.

https://www.newegg.com/gearbox-publishing-duke-nukem-3d-20th-anniversary-world-tour/p/N82E16832528019

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
8/1/20 8:31 p.m.

The Junkyard gods smiled upon me today.  I have been hunting replacement hub/uprights for Rabbit a while now.  

My local pull and pray Besslers said they had one.
 Color me amazed that they actually did.  It was mostly intact.  It had what I needed.  Nothing fought me endlessly and I didn't bleed.  They weren't evil on the price and snagged a bunch of oem relays.

All this after a nice trip to Cars N Coffee.  Winning.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/1/20 8:42 p.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

You didn’t happen to get a good look at the front seats, did you?

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/1/20 9:29 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Congratulations!!!

1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zmtdrXo8HHbs9SGkOiB8y8h5wp2DDGovJVdVSghF1CDGZ83R4EhnjSVaSBB4N1U1