1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 ... 291
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/1/20 10:55 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. (and baby) Appleseed!

8/1/20 11:00 p.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

Did you get some of the big bumper 100mm CV uprights?  I have what are supposed to be those, but they are identical to regular Rabbit uprights and I have only ever found a common part number for both.  I would love to see some pics of differences so I know what to look for.

I have three sets, total, of regular ones if you ever find yourself in a pinch.

Thanks

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/2/20 4:33 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In this, the foul year of our lord, two thousand twenty, inspite of all that attempted to destroy us, I got married.

You poor bastard, err, I mean, Congratulations

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
8/2/20 8:53 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I did they were white with black trim and were in very decent shape.  Overall seems to have been a cared for mostly there car.  Should probably go back and snag the trans.

8/2/20 10:05 a.m.
84FSP said:

In reply to eastsideTim :

I did they were white with black trim and were in very decent shape.  Overall seems to have been a cared for mostly there car.  Should probably go back and snag the trans.

I have a 4k on a shelf should you ever have the need. 15k-20k since a rebuild and update (extra oil passages) by Stu Brummer.  Bolt kit for for the diff and the old 80ft-lb shim preload.  Stu's prognosis on 1st gear was that it was fine for a street car, but was showing more wear than a race car would want.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/2/20 10:14 a.m.
RevRico said:
Appleseed said:

In this, the foul year of our lord, two thousand twenty, inspite of all that attempted to destroy us, I got married.

You poor bastard, err, I mean, Congratulations

WTF? You didn't even give me the Cobra Commander "YOU FOOLS" ?

wae
wae UltraDork
8/2/20 10:15 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Woo! Congrats!  I hope every anniversary is better than the last!

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/2/20 1:45 p.m.

The weather has taken a turn for the cool here. I'm going to take the hardtop off the Miata and go for a spin for the first time in months tomorrow.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/20 2:56 p.m.

We're cleaning the house. It may not seem like much of a win, but there was a lot of inertia that built up, and we were on the way (but not there yet) to looking like an episode of hoarders. 
I've taken four contractor sized bags of clothes that no longer fit our kids to the non-profit thrift store donation, shredded a bunch of old papers and so on. It's still a mess, but there is visible progress that's unwinding a knot I've had in my brain for a while now.

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/2/20 7:07 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) :

There's something so freeing about a good purge, I have been chipping away at my own hoard and it feels good. Posting stuff on craigslist that might bring some skrilla, and donating whatever doesn't get a bite. Baby steps, but I definitely relate to the "unwinding knot" metaphor there.

My win is my new job is interesting and has a schedule that includes multiple days off *in a row*, which is not something I have experienced in... decades? Maybe ever, at least not that I can remember. I am still in training, but have been encouraged by the feedback I am getting from the crew. Feels good. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
8/2/20 10:40 p.m.

Going back to work tomorrow after my fight with the 'Rona. I've been that sick before, I'm sure; just don't remember when. It'll be nice to get out of the house.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/3/20 10:17 a.m.

Found out that a Pick N Pull in Pittsburg had an 07 Saab 9-3 vert and I really need new weather stripping for mine.  Got up Sunday morning, drove the three hours over there and had very good luck.  Got the weather stripping, in perfect shape, snagged the trunk spoiler and Xenon headlights.  As I was leaving I found a door mirror for a family friend and grabbed that.  Took the long way home and got to drive one of my favorite roads in Ohio, Ohio State Route 646 and a good portion of it has been newly paved.  I did not realize how much I needed to get out of the house, be alone and do something I love doing, feeling so much better today.

wae
wae UltraDork
8/3/20 11:11 a.m.

I'm not ready to call it 100% yet, but I'm pretty sure I finally solved the leak at the top of the windshield on the RV.  I tried putting roofing sealant around the rubber trim bit but that thing is just for decoration.  This time, I pulled that trim off, used a scraper and a toothbrush to clean out the channel, filled it with about 1 third of a roll of 1/4" butyl rubber tape, just cramming it in there, and then put the trim back on.  After some pretty hard rain on Saturday, the dash was bone-dry.  And the best part is that the whole roll of rubber was only about $6.

wae
wae UltraDork
8/3/20 4:11 p.m.

Another rv-related win: It occured to me to check how they routed the oil fill pipe and it turns out that it just pops in to the valve cover.  So by taking the doghouse off and popping that pipe out, I can put a funnel in and fill the oil.  All of that in less time than it takes to try to fill it through the regular fill under the hoodlet.  Plus, I don't spill three quarts all over the place in the process!

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
8/3/20 5:04 p.m.

Nothing beats the smell of an old British sports car on a nice summer day.

daeman
daeman Dork
8/3/20 5:46 p.m.

This happened yesterdayyes

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
8/3/20 7:31 p.m.

Took 2 weeks but my wife finally found a trampoline in stock semi locally. So now my kids have a 14 foot death trap

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/3/20 7:37 p.m.

In reply to Wayslow :

I miss that smell! Always kept a towel for those hot seats and the drips when it rained.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
8/3/20 7:47 p.m.

In reply to dropstep :

A trampoline is hardly a death trap. More like a femur trap. Maybe an ankle trap. Elbows, wrists, backs.... but not death. Unless maybe you're REALLY trying to party. Or mixing said trampoline and a slip.n.slide. Don't do that. Unless you want to be awesome. Or a balcony and a pool. Do you have a pool? Can I come play? This is starting to sound fun. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
8/4/20 12:45 p.m.

We just signed the paperwork on the new house! Time to start moving across the yard!

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/4/20 8:28 p.m.

I went on Rock Auto to see what an upper control arm would be for one of my explorers and found a close out in stock for.....$2.83

wae
wae UltraDork
8/4/20 11:40 p.m.

I just temp-fixed my friend's exhaust with a beer can.  I know it's an old trick, but it's still pretty cool.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/20 1:30 a.m.

I stumbled into a number of bad ideas over the weekend. So far I haven't pulled the pin on any of them, though I am kinda close to picking two of them. 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/5/20 1:32 a.m.

I built a baby dual A arm front suspension so I can explain suspension geometry (KPI, Caster, Trail, Offset) more better and it actually works.   You can easily see how KPI leads to weight jacking and always positive camber, and how Caster leads to negative camber on the outside wheel, positive on inside. 

Minor Win!

No fluid leaks on the neon anymore!

1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yEgcM8LiruAspfzT59YHdQ10RmcUIFKg0G6fuu7xlnHqnjpTPhBGuriChDOAYSb9