1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 ... 292
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
8/5/20 7:25 a.m.

Welding supply place was out of C25 tanks in my size, so I got a free upgrade to a bigger one (normally a $1xx exchange charge) and it came with no documentation whatsoever so now I just have a bigger tank to exchange!

slefain
slefain PowerDork
8/6/20 9:15 a.m.

Bro-in-law took an Uber to the pharmacy rather than asking for my car as usual. That's huge. Usually he runs out of meds at the end of the month, falls into a mental hole, and we have to drag him back into the world. This time he took initiative, knew he still needed his meds, and solved the problem. Of course the reason he took an Uber was because he's pissed at us for calling him out for other B.S., so he didn't want to ask for my car again. But overall this is progress.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/20 12:47 p.m.
slefain said:

Of course the reason he took an Uber was because he's pissed at us for calling him out for other B.S., so he didn't want to ask for my car again. But overall this is progress.

Anger is energy that should be directed towards solving whatever is causing the anger and change it. Sometimes, you're really angry at yourself. Maybe he'll get that?

slefain
slefain PowerDork
8/6/20 1:03 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) said:
slefain said:

Of course the reason he took an Uber was because he's pissed at us for calling him out for other B.S., so he didn't want to ask for my car again. But overall this is progress.

Anger is energy that should be directed towards solving whatever is causing the anger and change it. Sometimes, you're really angry at yourself. Maybe he'll get that?

I'm fairly sure he is mad at himself for blowing off our son's birthday last week. He had multiple options to interact, but in the end chose to do...nothing. Which is weird considering he lives nextdoor and we had just talked to him the day before about everything. When my wife texted him saying she was ticked at him for blowing the whole thing off, he tried to turn it back around and say that it was our fault for not asking what happened to him. Um, no.

wae
wae UltraDork
8/6/20 1:44 p.m.

I was able to find a brand new Dinosaur Electronics universal ignitor board in stock locally and installing it fixed the problem with the RV water heater.  So I get to have hot showers this weekend!

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
8/6/20 8:30 p.m.

I found a little amigo in our machine room at work today. He was a bit freaked out at the strange location, so I scooped him up and found him a new home on the edge of the canyon behind our plant. 

In reply to Recon1342 :

Tiny friend!

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
8/7/20 11:02 a.m.

As karmic repayment for the absolutely E36 M3ty night I had last night (Miata charging system failed and stranded me on the side of the road an hour from home in the middle of a swamp), I am replacing an exhaust manifold on a 2008 Trailblazer with 140k and every bolt and stud came out without a fight.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/7/20 11:27 a.m.

My miatas electrical issue with the primary cooling fan was a bad relay. 

And i had a spare.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/20 11:29 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

Dude!!  Never say how well it is going until after the job is done!

The new manifold will be damaged or something. Cracked, bent stud, boogered threads.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
8/7/20 12:05 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I still have to do a steering rack in it, so I'm sure some nonsens will happen there, like those stupid berkeleying seals for the lines will leak like mad.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/7/20 12:53 p.m.

Foo Fighters concert has been canceled.  I’d normally consider that a loss, but there was no way I was going to go under the current circumstances, so this just means I’ll get the cost of the tickets refunded.

iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/7/20 1:03 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Foo Fighters concert has been canceled.  I’d normally consider that a loss, but there was no way I was going to go under the current circumstances, so this just means I’ll get the cost of the tickets refunded.

I saw the Foo last year here in Seattle and holy hell was that an amazing show. Grohl has a ridiculous amount of energy. I've never seen someone sprinting full bore, while singing and playing the guitar across a HUGE stage! For hours! (unless they were on crack. E36 M3, is Dave Grohl a crack addict? I hope not.)

Pete. (l33t FS)
8/7/20 4:29 p.m.

Credit card paid down to $2200.

PayPal Credit line extended to $3400.

Someone is offloading a LOT of Turbo II engines on eBay right now, cheap.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
8/7/20 7:13 p.m.

I walked away from a possible impulse purchase. It wasn't what I was after, but it was beautiful and very similar to what I was after. And the price was very good. Driving home, I almost turned around. Got home, huge relief. Gonna hold out for what I want. I successfully adulted today. 

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/20 10:32 a.m.

I had a 36" waist at the start of the pandemic. I've got a 34" waist right now. I used the disruption to change up some habits a bit, and I'm determined to keep it up after this passes. 

So, today ive worked on a 70 duster,  60 Corvette, and an 8ba flathead in a 49 ford at dads.

After im done here, im driving the duster to brother Dustin house to help get is 78 280z started for the first time since 1987.

Its a damn good day.

Multi-win weekend so far:

Found a welding supply place open on Saturday.

They filled my Ar bottle (125 ft^3 iirc) for $42 (Local Airgas wanted $125 to exchange)

i had enough $ leftover, and was feeling so good about the situation, that I bought a welding shirt, an insulated hand rest, a can of anti-spatter spray, and a pound of 1/16" filler rod, all for less than Airgas wanted for the bottle exchange.

If you're in the Detroit area, check out a good mom n pop shop:

Ace Welding Supply, Wixom MI

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/20 2:56 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

No fluid leaks on the neon anymore!

Is it empty?

Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

No fluid leaks on the neon anymore!

Is it empty?

The neon corollary to the Harley rule?

So, today ive worked on a 70 duster,  60 Corvette, and an 8ba flathead in a 49 ford at dads.

After im done here, im driving the duster to brother Dustin house to help get is 78 280z started for the first time since 1987.

Its a damn good day.

So, i have put 300 miles on now after the carb conversion from megasquirt in the duster. I put in a new speedometer and Odometer when i went megasquirt. The total is 480. 

150 miles of ot was today. Its been a DAMN fine day!!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
8/8/20 10:33 p.m.

My younger daughter, the soon to be third year vet student, did her first solo cat neuter yesterday at her summer job.  

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
8/8/20 10:51 p.m.

Cruise tonight was a blast, one of my sons was up town taking photos with his grandpa and seemed to love it. While an exspensive hobby I would fully support that. Just a win day all around!

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/8/20 11:03 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) :

I usually say something along the lines of.....anger is a fire that should warm you and drive you rather than consume you and destroy you.

Pete. (l33t FS)
8/9/20 6:22 a.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) :

I usually say something along the lines of.....anger is a fire that should warm you and drive you rather than consume you and destroy you.

That's beautiful.

Oddly enough, I am listening to "Seek and Destroy" as I read this, which always struck me as an upbeat song with all its energy, as opposed to having pissed off negative energy.

1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YG3TNU2Fx96Bb2zHaW94ARkhaol74vVSwzbBZ233JQhRyRqgXbeM0X2pYySD9uZf