8/9/20 12:57 p.m.

CUCUMBERS

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/9/20 1:14 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) :

I usually say something along the lines of.....anger is a fire that should warm you and drive you rather than consume you and destroy you.

That's beautiful.

Oddly enough, I am listening to "Seek and Destroy" as I read this, which always struck me as an upbeat song with all its energy, as opposed to having pissed off negative energy.

Thank you.

I know what you are saying about Seek and Destroy, it has a lot of energy and sounds almost joyous. You can tell they were having a lot of fun recording it

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/20 1:19 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

CUCUMBERS

Now put one next to a cat.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
8/9/20 4:32 p.m.

http://www.ckrscca.org/live/RawDay1.html

The Zoomboni is still under the knife (getting many electrical bugs sorted out). So today I bummed a co-drive in a 2.5 swapped NC.   I managed 9th in raw (beat by 5 guys on Hoosiers and 3 on those new super Yokohamas.   The car was a pleasure to drive and very rewarding.   A set of Hoosiers and I'd have FTD'd the place.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
8/9/20 9:43 p.m.

Found a box of 9mm I didn't know I had in the basement. 100 free rounds for plinking!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/9/20 11:13 p.m.

I had SWMBO look up Hand Whammies in the urban dictionary.  It's real. Poopy isn't full of E36 M3. That bastard pulled it off.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/10/20 9:42 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

My younger daughter, the soon to be third year vet student, did her first solo cat neuter yesterday at her summer job.  

Neuter? Not impressed. Some tin snips and super glue and you're good to go. 

wae
wae UltraDork
8/10/20 8:20 p.m.

The AC problem wasn't the capacitor.  It was the relay on the control board.  Instead of spending $1000 on a service call to replace the PCB, I just resoldered the relay for zero dollars.

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/10/20 8:27 p.m.

Reading while the labradog mutt naps on my lap is one of my favorite things. It’s a good night.

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/10/20 8:40 p.m.

In reply to wae :

I ran into the same thing over the weekend. I was thinking capacitor because I could hear the relay clicking. Turns out the relay let out the magic smoke and the coil was fine but the contacts are toast. I swapped from our second furnace (upstairs and downstairs separate). A new relay is on its way for $3.48 (more because I bought a spare, since most places are out).

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/10/20 8:49 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

CUCUMBERS

I'll be 58 years old next month and I'm married almost 34 years and I'm still waving around cucumbers obscenely and saying sexual suggestions to my wife.  

It never gets old.  Johnsonville Bratwurst too.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/11/20 8:25 a.m.

Last night is the first night in about 3 or 4 months I wasn't woken repetedly by nightmares. I finally had a couple of pleasent dreams.

MazdaFace (Forum Supporter)
MazdaFace (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/11/20 9:56 a.m.

Managed to get an uninterrupted 2.5 hours of sleep last night. Feels like I got 10 hours lol

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/20 10:03 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

My dreams got a lot more boring after i left my previous job, too.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/20 10:43 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I had SWMBO look up Hand Whammies in the urban dictionary.  It's real. Poopy isn't full of E36 M3. That bastard pulled it off.

that's not all he pulled off...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/11/20 12:02 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to Appleseed :

My dreams got a lot more boring after i left my previous job, too.

Far from booring. Me and 3 Mexican guys who looked like Hector from Fast & Furious and my kid in a crib were in a K-Mart from the 90s. For some reason the crib was floating. We started floating too. Like up and over everything. Even when we weren't holding on to the crib. I just attributed it to the crib floats, so I guess we float.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
8/11/20 12:13 p.m.

Nice enough to work from home outside but I hate not having a 2nd screen. Love having saw horses!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/11/20 12:58 p.m.

My two piece 3d printed mold actually worked for silicone. Not perfect, but good for trial and error. 

RevRico said:

My two piece 3d printed mold actually worked for silicone. Not perfect, but good for trial and error. 

I've done similar things and the results were very good!

slefain
slefain PowerDork
8/12/20 9:24 a.m.

The screeching NIMBYs in my city are waking up this morning to learn that our former mayor they vilified from his first day in office has now won his race for county commissioner. In our county there are two super districts that cover half the county, and now he is in charge of one. The NIMBYs all backed one person for months until the spring election when none of the three candidates took more than 50% of the vote. The NIMBY's candidate dropped out and then overnight you have never seen such rabid support of their new favorite candidate. None of them knew who this lady was weeks ago, but now they are planting yard signs across the city for her, posting on social media about her, and slinging mud at the former mayor with a backhoe...

But all for naught.

Torkel
Torkel Reader
8/12/20 10:40 a.m.

We finally got the OK to run a racing weekend, although without spectators. First racing week with the newly built racing car I spent this winter on. 

Had a blast, racing in Swedens biggest racing series. We were "only" 27 car on the grid ( because Covid, obviously). I finished 6th, nothing broke, we didn't hit anything and everyone in the paddock are still friends. I call that a win. 

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
8/12/20 9:46 p.m.

#2 Daughter got confirmation today that between bursaries and scholarships her University tuition is covered for the year. Maybe I should join Wally and look at picking up a C8.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/12/20 10:55 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

This is a major win really.

Hell, I had to buy myself a 22 pistol just so I could shoot without spending days looking for ammo

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
8/13/20 7:37 p.m.

We’ve been on vacation this week and brought the fun car.  Just got back from a 150 or so mile ride through less traveled mountain roads in NW New Hampshire.  Nice lunch stop, great weather, very light traffic and saw some cool stuff.   With everything going on this year I’ll call it a win. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
8/15/20 10:29 a.m.

A story in three parts-

1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dpxwsBDpKEHZ7xyqZCYEUrfeccMsihRncGI3R4dLgWvUdnbeMKQLDAbAZp60prRf