1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 ... 292
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/3/20 12:09 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

Outstanding MNDSM!

And yes, Ejection Fraction. How much of the blood leaves your heart when it pumps. 50% range and better, everything is getting oxygen. 35% range, danger. 

I assume Covid test came back negative?

EDIT: Recon had a better explanation than me. And he's right, hearts are weird and complex. 

Covid did come back negative. I forgot math for like 20min because she touched my brain, but yeah. 

The weirdest part was getting the heart catheterization. I was totally awake and not really even sedated. Hearing a thing in your chest taking pictures of your heart while seeing it all on a giant tv screen....E36 M3s wild. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/3/20 6:55 p.m.

My twins first year playing football for the school (7th grade) just won there season opener! We weren't even sure there would be a season, they are excited and so am I.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/4/20 8:41 p.m.

After over 2 months of working on it (the last one spent trying to track down a problem that ended up being the result of my own airheadedness) I was finally able to take the E46 convertible out and drive it again tonight! I've really missed that...

wae
wae UltraDork
9/5/20 4:53 p.m.

After some wet sanding and a bunch of polishing, the hood on the Excursion is actually shiny.  I also got the new fender bolted on.  If I keep this up, it won't be the Big Ugly Truck for Towing anymore.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/5/20 5:39 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

That's fantastic, I'm so glad you've recovered!!

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/5/20 9:03 p.m.

I got to spend an hour following a Lamborghini Miura over some of the best roads in the Bay area today. 

I've had worse Saturdays. 

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/6/20 11:42 a.m.
wae said:

After some wet sanding and a bunch of polishing, the hood on the Excursion is actually shiny.  I also got the new fender bolted on.  If I keep this up, it won't be the Big Ugly Truck for Towing anymore.

Big Ugly Truck for Towing... great acronym!

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/7/20 1:25 p.m.

Challenge car drives!

wae
wae UltraDork
9/7/20 2:27 p.m.
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) said:
wae said:

Big Ugly Truck for Towing... great acronym!

The kids like telling their teachers about all the things that I've put in my B.U.T.T.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/7/20 5:07 p.m.

Found $2 on the floor at Savers, a local resale store. I tried to figure out who it belonged to,  to no avail.  Started to walk out, but couldn't. Told the guy at the door, if someone comes back saying they lost some money,  its theirs. If not, donate it. 

I need peice of mind more than I need two bucks..

wae
wae UltraDork
9/7/20 5:53 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/8/20 8:25 a.m.

For the first time in nearly 6 months I made it in to the Y to swim laps. Didn't go perfectly, but it felt really good to be back in the water- I just enjoy swimming so much more than almost any other kind of exercise.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
9/11/20 1:19 p.m.

Finally signed the loan paperwork to refinance our mortgage at 2.875%. Since I'm self employed I darn near had to submit to a colonoscopy to qualify, but we finally did it. Shaves $200 a month off the mortgage, which I plan to put into savings.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
9/11/20 2:40 p.m.

A couple of weeks ago my work changed my schedule and I started working four 10 hour days (7 am-5:30 pm).  My day off is mondays, which pushes my day off to tuesday when holidays fall on monday.

To put a cherry on top, when I talked to my supervisor about it yesterday he agreed that I might as well do 7-5 since I'm "on call" for lunch.  So starting Tuesday I'll be working 7-5, yayy!

Wally (Forum Supporter)
9/14/20 6:34 a.m.

Saturday night was a lot more fun than a 10thplace should be. Dillon started 20th and thanks to the redraw there were a lot of fast cars in the back.  He steadily picked them off until getting held up by two multiple time track champions. The bounced off each other and the kid slides under them and takes off.  He was closing in fast on the 8th and 9th place cars when he ran out of laps.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/14/20 8:30 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Found $2 on the floor at Savers, a local resale store. I tried to figure out who it belonged to,  to no avail.  Started to walk out, but couldn't. Told the guy at the door, if someone comes back saying they lost some money,  its theirs. If not, donate it. 

I need peice of mind more than I need two bucks..

I did that a couple of times at work. Was actually 200$ once, and 20$ another time. Was like "I don't know whose cash this is, but this area is E36 M3. Someone probably just lost rent money. Or hooker money. Either way, not my money". The post script was even more confusing. Work ended up giving me the $$$ back after several months claiming I had earned it by being honest. 40$ of it was promptly stolen from my wallet while at that same work, by an employee I only saw once. C'est la vie I suppose. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/20 2:38 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

possible worse than hooker money, what if it was pimp money?  probably never got claimed because UPGRAYEDD beat her to death.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/15/20 8:20 a.m.

I have unemployment benefits.  

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/15/20 8:28 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I have unemployed benefits.  

Awesome! Did you get insurance worked out, too?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/15/20 10:32 a.m.

Working on that tomorrow. 

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
9/15/20 10:50 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Congratulations, I would qualify this as a major win.  Good luck with the insurance as well.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
9/17/20 9:04 p.m.

I've never worked with such organized people. It's only Thursday and they're ready for Saturday. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/17/20 10:14 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

That is just wrong on so many levels.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
9/18/20 1:42 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I know, most of my life has been spent scaling cars with wet paint half an hour after they should have been loaded. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/20 7:05 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I know, most of my life has been spent scaling cars with wet paint half an hour after they should have been loaded. 

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done.

My favorite is the story of a guy who showed up to a stage rally (not a cheap or low time involvement) so unprepared that he didn't have brake pads.  Nobody had parts to fit his obscure vehicle, so he was out around 2am on site with a hacksaw and Dodge Neon pads, trying to make them fit...

1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uDFYeIS1oUs4cv9ou6amYm01SMmzgacrP3p1GUlDyEhxZLGRWc9oJGDeavf2YUFp