1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 ... 292
Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
10/21/20 2:27 p.m.

I've been dogsitting for a friend during her hospital stay, and have been splitting my time outside of work and trying to be as productive as possible.  Yesterday, I brought a bunch of rifle parts along with me and nicely modded my Ruger.  As a bonus, I had the bestest boi Max supervising and sniffing every step of the assembly process, so I'm sure its been done right.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/20 8:00 p.m.

All the effort I spent repacking a 25 year old Racing Beat muffler paid off.  The RX-7 is crazy quiet.  Like a stock exhaust, most of what you hear is intake noise and gear whine from the rotor gears.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
10/23/20 2:27 p.m.

Looking out the glass door at work, I saw a Ford Maverick with 70's custom paint, jacked up rear end, and twin velocity stacks poking through the hood.  I can't remember the last time I even saw a running Maverick since 1985 high school.

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
10/23/20 5:37 p.m.
devilAngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

assroots

I’d like to believe that’s on purpose.  They get us...devil

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
10/23/20 6:12 p.m.

My thumb is fixed. Just got to wait for the glue to dry now...wink

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/20 6:56 p.m.

Took first overall and also had FTD at today's rallycross.

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
10/24/20 8:38 p.m.

I'm watching "Castles in the sky" and they've scattered bits of music from "The Battle of Britain" throughout the movie.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/24/20 8:44 p.m.

In reply to Wayslow :

The Miyazaki anime?

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
10/24/20 8:52 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Um, no.

2014 British movie tracing the development of radar before WW2.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
10/25/20 7:23 a.m.

I test drove a 17 Honda Fit yesterday and the perfect song to test out the audio came on and drive to: Memory of Elizabeth Reed by Allman Brothers came on radio. Alas it was the studio version. The Live at Filmore version would've been a home run yes!

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
10/25/20 3:33 p.m.

The Zoomboni finally got it done.   FTD for the first time ever.   Sigh.

wae
wae UberDork
10/25/20 4:43 p.m.

779 miles covered in 11 hours and 50-some minutes with only three fuel stops which means  home in time for dinner and to make the evening Mass.  Plus I had the top down the whole way. 

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
10/25/20 6:08 p.m.

I love it when there's too much to do in one day. Prioritize and get E36 M3 down, feels good at the end of the day being productive. 

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
10/25/20 6:59 p.m.

So this was sitting just up the road with the sign on it...it’s not seized, seems like good compression, new plug, good oil level and I’ve verified spark.  Fuel tank was empty and appears spotless inside. Over / under on needing a good carb clean?  Oh and a new carb is less than 40 bucks worst case. 

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
10/25/20 9:06 p.m.

After 12 years of reasons why not too (medical issues and finances) about a year ago my wife and I finally decided it was the time to try and have one more (we have twins) when she went in too have birth control removed they found a small spot of mutation on her cervix. A procedure to fix that took 6 months between scheduling and healing.

today was the second positive pregnancy test, she's calling her doctor tomorrow but I'm berkeleying excited. We aren't telling family yet because it's too early but I needed to tell someone! 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/20 9:21 p.m.

In reply to dropstep :

Congratulations!!

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/26/20 4:42 a.m.

That is awesome,  congratulations!

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/20 4:09 p.m.

In reply to dropstep :

Congrats!

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/20 4:11 p.m.

Today the dome light/sunroof control overhead arrived for my wife's car. It took maybe two minutes to install, and now she's got a functional control set again. 

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/27/20 10:48 p.m.

I don't know if Beat Saber really is a workout, or if I'm really that far out of shape, but I think the game was $30 well spent.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
10/28/20 7:21 a.m.

Mom passed a year ago and Dad has really struggled after 51 years of marriage.  He is finally moving on and found a lady friend!  They are snow-birding in Florida as we speak.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/28/20 8:19 a.m.

Couple of small wins going this week..

1) work sold us $1100 office chairs for $40, so that we can work from home with some kind of comfort, which is awesome.

2) our basement drywall is going to be done getting mudded this week, and the wife and I will be able to have 2 separate spaces to hang out in the house. This will also let us move the office down there and start preparing the nursery.

3) found a free filing cabinet someone put to the curb today, so now I have free metal for Riggamort repairs/upgrades

wae
wae UberDork
10/28/20 6:52 p.m.

My regular student loan payment processed today and I noticed that after that payment, the payoff amount was just under $50.  So I went ahead and submitted the payoff and that debt is now paid in full.

(yeah, sure, I might still wind up owing them a penny or two next month if it doesn't process just right or whatever, but I'm calling it paid off)

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/28/20 11:18 p.m.

Sat around for hours and played cards against humanity with family. There was lots of scotch too.

After all that's happened in 2020......this is a huge win

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/29/20 4:46 a.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

I'm happy for him, that's a big step.  Having someone there must do a lot for his wellbeing.  

1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IGVbdU4ThnkTGzpP3v0L499aoBTAyFQTjiZREJq0glTusCof0bvlLDMmXvEbEGCR