1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 ... 292
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/10/20 5:43 p.m.
Mike (Forum Supporter) said:

The great thing about a neat whisky, (one of the great things, at least) is that I always remember the recipe.

Idk, after enough of them, I sometimes forget. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
11/10/20 6:13 p.m.
93EXCivic said:

In reply to BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) :

All that is true. My other holdup is I still don't have a really great idea of what I am going to be doing. It is a new facility and I didn't get a really clear answer from the interview. Also slight worry about this being a Japanese company there being a lot of long hours given the work culture I have seen from Japan.

My worry with the NASA thing is I currently have a lot of connections in NASA either as civil servants or contractors and there is always the worry of how long will those connections be there. Also it seems the later it goes into my career the harder it will be to get in there. There just haven't been any jobs recently that are a great fit for my skill set.

Different part of the country and different company, but can provide some insight into potential roles/generalities. if you want to talk options through shoot me a PM

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/10/20 10:22 p.m.

A good friend of mine is a nurse. He's been... wound tight and stretched thin for a while.

I got him to get out of the house tonight and (while observing proper social distancing, etc.) had a drink with him and just let him rant and unwind.

Sometimes the best win isn't a personal win, but a win you can give somebody else.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/10/20 11:05 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) :

So much so, you're a good friend 

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
11/10/20 11:15 p.m.
93EXCivic said:

In reply to BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) :

All that is true. My other holdup is I still don't have a really great idea of what I am going to be doing. It is a new facility and I didn't get a really clear answer from the interview. Also slight worry about this being a Japanese company there being a lot of long hours given the work culture I have seen from Japan.

My worry with the NASA thing is I currently have a lot of connections in NASA either as civil servants or contractors and there is always the worry of how long will those connections be there. Also it seems the later it goes into my career the harder it will be to get in there. There just haven't been any jobs recently that are a great fit for my skill set.

I am guessing by where you are that the company either starts with an M or a T.  I will PM you, I might can help.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/11/20 5:13 a.m.

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

PM sent

Wally (Forum Supporter)
11/11/20 5:14 p.m.

During this E36 M3show of a year I'll take what I can get. 3x work shirts ran out in a hurry. I optimistically bought a 2x hoping I'll get there eventually. I got all but the bottom two buttons closed. Six months ago my 4x shirts were snug.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
11/11/20 7:11 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Good work, my friend!

slefain
slefain PowerDork
11/12/20 3:07 p.m.

Did a check of all my accounts. For the first time ever I now have more in assets than I owe in debt. Even with the mortgage and car note included. Thanks Dad, your sage advice is to thank for it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/12/20 3:28 p.m.

The unemployment appeal ruled in my favor.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/12/20 3:33 p.m.
Appleseed said:

That is SUPER GOOD NEWS

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/12/20 3:44 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Yes. This is good news. Resist the urge to tell them to (do things) with (other things) in a vulgar manner.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
11/12/20 4:34 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Congrats 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/12/20 4:36 p.m.

Nothing inflammatory. Just the truth. I don't want them showing up on my doorstep wanting to fight me.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/13/20 8:11 a.m.

So I took the new job. Hopefully I made the right decision but jobs are kind of like hair cuts. If you don't like it, it might take a bit but you can always change it.

I just didn't want it to be like at my last two companies where I held on at the financially struggling company too long and then scrambling to find a job.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
11/15/20 9:40 p.m.

Mrs Recon and I took a weekend and took the kids to a few museums. An Art museum,  Aquarium, and a flight museum. They were all good, but the flight museum contained a particular gem- a Bell P-63 Kingcobra. What's the big deal, you ask? There are only four airworthy P-63s in the entire world. This particular aircraft is one of them...

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/16/20 7:47 a.m.

XTC3D is amazing. That is all.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/16/20 9:56 a.m.

T+1 week on swapping in the SSD for the HDD on the iMac, and so far it hasn't locked up or needed to be rebooted- and the graphical glitch only showed up when I engaged the HDMI switcher to use the second monitor (one of my two work monitors) and went away after a while. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/16/20 11:06 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

During this E36 M3show of a year I'll take what I can get. 3x work shirts ran out in a hurry. I optimistically bought a 2x hoping I'll get there eventually. I got all but the bottom two buttons closed. Six months ago my 4x shirts were snug.

You handsome devil...

Wally (Forum Supporter)
11/16/20 2:20 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

It's the shirt, order now while supplies last

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/16/20 2:43 p.m.

The 5 month old loves hip hop videos. Aw yiss. 

daeman
daeman Dork
11/16/20 9:17 p.m.

Well, the shed is complete. I may line it later or something, but it's weather tight, secure and I was able to finally get all our stuff out of storage.

I can even still fit a car in here.

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/18/20 8:05 a.m.

<250 pounds for the first time in 20+ years. Definitely the first time this century, but I'm pretty sure I've been ~ or over 250 since 1995...

Yeah, this is on purpose.

Tipping point was June 2 at 324 pounds. 

No, I haven't lost 75 yet....

Current goal is <245 by end of year, ~225 target. That may change, depending on how I feel at that weight. I definitely want to lose fat but build muscle & keep movement / ranges of motion :)

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
11/18/20 8:25 a.m.

In reply to Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) :

Nicely done!

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/18/20 9:48 a.m.
daeman said:

Well, the shed is complete. I may line it later or something, but it's weather tight, secure and I was able to finally get all our stuff out of storage.

I can even still fit a car in here.

That space is awesome!

1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JKP5qMQL3fPvcRqAPE6OyrCOqwa44x6B2TaCRxElENvGR1fvqJC3IU9BvsVug9Ox