1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 292
daeman
daeman Dork
11/24/20 4:21 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

I've been getting that a bit lol, had a few locals stop by and chat to me while I was building it, and got everything from awe to flat out shed envy. 

Space  is probably the biggest thing, if you don't have it, you can be flush with cash and still not be able to do it. It was part of our plan though, leave the city, get more space, a decent shed, veg gardens, that sort of thing. 

Don't feel to bad though, I'm just a tad jealous of your cabin, so we're about even.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/20 12:11 p.m.

I was in an utterly foul mood this morning, thanks to a conga line of entitled, presumptuous shiny happy people, with a headache on the side, and my work iPad notifying me every five minutes "Hey i'm going to update tonight!!!  ...  Hey i'm going to update tonight!!!"

But then, I read that somebody got DOOM to run on a pregnancy test, and I laughed so hard all the anger-hormones just liquidated

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/25/20 1:53 p.m.

In reply to daeman :

Fair enough. 

Leaving the city and building a place on a bit more land where we can design everything from scratch and have more flexibility in what we can do with storage/shop space is in our current plan, though at the moment it's in the 10-years-down-the-line range once our current place is paid off (which might get pushed closer depending on what happens financially).

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/20 5:25 p.m.

I had a package coming by UPS that needed a signature. Of course they came while I was at work.  As I was trying to figure out their website to reschedule the truck pulled up.  The driver said she was passing by, saw lights on and wanted to try again. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/25/20 5:45 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

I had a package coming by UPS that needed a signature. Of course they came while I was at work.  As I was trying to figure out their website to reschedule the truck pulled up.  The driver said she was passing by, saw lights on and wanted to try again. 

Give her a Christmas gift.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/25/20 6:43 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Uncle Casey just bought a (used) CRF70 for the hellspawn for Christmas. The little E36 M3 is only 5 months old. laugh

Despite what the add said,  the bastard runs. Checked the oil, armed the master, and 7-8 kicks later, and she runs. Low speed jet is clogged because you have to keep it wfo to stay lit, but that was expected. WOOT!

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
11/26/20 5:43 p.m.

I got full after one plate and didn't try to stuff myself with more food even though I definitely wanted to.

pkingham (Forum Supporter)
pkingham (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/26/20 5:47 p.m.

Meatloaf made by the 14 yr old for Thanksgiving dinner. Just the immediate family. Part of me misses the big dinner event, but the rest of me enjoyed the low key affair. 

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/26/20 6:14 p.m.

I ate 4 pieces of pumpkin pie today and I survived to tell about it. Life is good yes

wae
wae UberDork
11/26/20 6:48 p.m.

Family Thanksgiving dinner at the workshop is some of the best law-breaking I've ever done.  I made the best gravy that has ever crossed my lips, mom brought her famous dressing, my sister-in-law made this sweet potato casserole that was just amazing.  Now I'm sitting in the parking lot with my fire pit enjoying bourbon slush and gearing up for a cigar.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
11/27/20 8:34 a.m.

Sleeping in the day after Turkeygeddon and realized it is garbage day and the toter is overflowing.

Run outside, get the thing to the end of the drive, hoping I'm not too late, and hear the truck heading up my hill!

Made it with 60 seconds to spare.

Gonna buy a lotto ticket today.

Pete. (l33t FS)
11/27/20 9:26 a.m.

I always made scrambled eggs by the "crack into pan and immediately mush around" method.

Today, I first cracked into a bowl and mixed with a little milk and sour cream.  A little too much, as it turns out, but MMMM.  Worth having to do the extra dishes smiley

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
11/27/20 11:51 p.m.

The Mandalorian just keeps getting better. This is a win because the seasonal D is hitting early this year. Having something simple and enjoyable to look forward to every week is doing me some good. Bonus that wife likes it too. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/20 10:42 a.m.

The house smells like homemade split pea soup. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/28/20 11:00 a.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

The Mandalorian just keeps getting better. This is a win because the seasonal D is hitting early this year. Having something simple and enjoyable to look forward to every week is doing me some good. Bonus that wife likes it too. 

This last episode was top notch. Live action version of an old friend was perfect.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/28/20 11:07 a.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

Yup. Wife and I are loving it. Turning me into a Star Wars nerd. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
11/28/20 11:34 a.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

If you've not watched Rebels, you should. And like 1/4 of Clone Wars. The expanded universe is where it's at. The skywalker saga is great, but it's just a small part of the bigger story. 

jfryjfry (FS)
jfryjfry (FS) Dork
11/29/20 2:12 p.m.

About 2 years ago realized that the dirt piles in the yard were not some neighborhood miscreants but rather a gopher feasting on my foliage.   After a week of him just plugging up my traps I gave up and carelessly just dropped a trap in without my usual preparation.  Whaddya know?  I got him!

Cut to 3 weeks ago I am looking out my window whilst doing dishes and see a few leaves jerking around uncharacteristically. I grab my little pellet rifle and see a new critter poking his head out of the ground in the middle of my yard!  Take a hurried shot (he saw me. Hoping my neighbors don't) and miss.   He never comes back.  
no sign of him again for a week. 

I leave town for 2 weeks. Come back and a strip of my yard is destroyed.  Looks like it got carpet bombed by Ralph S. Mouse. 

I do a little research and learn that some people actually do put bait (peanut butter) on these gopher traps. 
So I try it. 
night one - unsuccess.  Looks like a raccoon actually pulled one out for a snack and the other is entombed in a dirt plug. 

I find another location and drop them in. Happen to be walking by later that day and figure I'll do a quick check. 

whammo!!!  It felt so good to see the criminal on the end of the line!   Hopefully no more for another few years. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
11/29/20 3:38 p.m.

The weekend is coming to an end. Extended family has left, messes are cleaned up, things are winding down. What a relief. I like family, and I like holidays, but it's always a battle between certain folks who want to cram as much "festivity" into every possible moment, and those of us with small children that throw a wrench in the works by insisting on putting the kids down for naps in the middle of the day, and needing to be in by 7. Oops. Didn't mean to ruin your holiday. 
But anyway, it's over, and I'm glad. 

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/29/20 4:06 p.m.

Minor wins and rants here, but overall a win. No Christkindlmarket this year because 2020, so we picked up the Glühwein, cinnamon sticks and orange for peel. Heated it up gently, and then I attempted the careful pour from the saucepan. Here's the video of the precision pour:

Still, enough made it into our mugs. While I don't generally enjoy wine, this is the business. Overall, minor win.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/29/20 4:16 p.m.

Despite the current clusterberkeley that has me able to do nothing for the next 2 weeks, I accomplished today.

We filled a 20 yard dumpster at my moms house in about 6 hours. I'm surprised it went so quickly.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/29/20 4:40 p.m.
Mike (Forum Supporter) said:

Minor wins and rants here, but overall a win. No Christkindlmarket this year because 2020, so we picked up the Glühwein, cinnamon sticks and orange for peel. Heated it up gently, and then I attempted the careful pour from the saucepan. 

Still, enough made it into our mugs. While I don't generally enjoy wine, this is the business. Overall, minor win.

That stuff is nasty. There, I said it for everyone. 

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/29/20 6:07 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

Minor wins and rants here, but overall a win. No Christkindlmarket this year because 2020, so we picked up the Glühwein, cinnamon sticks and orange for peel. Heated it up gently, and then I attempted the careful pour from the saucepan. 

It's my favorite boot-based drink by a wide margin. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/29/20 7:17 p.m.

A car I missed out on due to the sellers cold feet has been offered again, and he fixed most of the issues it had. Well, ok!

Pete. (l33t FS)
11/29/20 7:22 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

How is it on a scale of one to Malört?

(I kinda like Malört and tonics)

1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LcYSp7hv0lir6b0jNh9R8TWVrJny7ocn1OwxaEnRcmooJM6Zr6VOPXvyK8YmAXJ6